Plant Based Meats coming to your restaurant

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Btw I'm not saying diabetics should eat more carbs - they shouldn't. What I'm saying is that vegetables are not the main culprit. If you want to drastically reduce carbs, don't eat bread or pasta. Don't drink sugary drinks. Skip sweet desserts. Don't eat as much fruit. Vegetables are one of the main staples of a low-carb diet.
Yes bread and breakfast cereal, grains are very bad for diabetics to eat.
Any foods which raise your blood sugar a lot you should not eat, even if your not diabetic.
Dont eat corn, potatoes, high starch food, it is really nothing but solid sugar, to imagine the amount of sugar in a potato, take the volume and divide in half, then replace whats left with white sugar... that is what your actually eating.

Starches are made from 2 glucose molecules joined, so 1 starch molecule easily turns in 2 glucose molecules in your body.

Corn and potatoes, grains or any high starch vegetable can easily be fermented into alcohol, because they are nothing but sugar and a little fiber.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The fat content is even higher making this more dangerous then their regular burger. The high fat content in fast food is the leading cause of death. The second leading cause of death is cancer caused by the high level of toxins in our food. They had made some improvement and people were starting to live longer but now the early death rate is starting to increase.

Including GMO's from those GMO "plants".

May God give us wisdom.

God help us.

God wake us up.

One of the healthiest foods in the world is grass-fed beef...the same kind that was eaten decades ago, before our sources of genuine and healthy foods was tainted and toxic, like what is mostly sold in markets, etc. now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

-Sasha-

Handmaid of God
Apr 12, 2019
Midwest
✟27,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes bread and breakfast cereal, grains are very bad for diabetics to eat.
Any foods which raise your blood sugar a lot you should not eat, even if your not diabetic.
Dont eat corn, potatoes, high starch food, it is really nothing but solid sugar, to imagine the amount of sugar in a potato, take the volume and divide in half, then replace whats left with white sugar... that is what your actually eating.

Starches are made from 2 glucose molecules joined, so 1 starch molecule easily turns in 2 glucose molecules in your body.

Corn and potatoes, grains or any high starch vegetable can easily be fermented into alcohol, because they are nothing but sugar and a little fiber.
Yes, starchy vegetables are higher carb...most veggies aren't.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry that you dont understand this.
Fiber is good, as it does not get digested and turn into sugar, but the reason people eat plants is for their sugar value, and diabetics have a real hard time with high blood sugars which spike lots higher when eating plants versus eating real meats.
People eating a high fat animal protein diet are more likely to get coronary artery disease - heart attacks than vegans on a low fat diet. Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn found the only way to reverse heart disease is through eating a low fat vegan diet. They have case studies and angiograms to prove it. Dr. Dean Ornish discovered the same thing 15 years earlier.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟453,282.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I went on their web site to look at the fat content. 40 for the veggie and 38 for their meat burger. For me I am on a low salt diet so I have to avoid a lot of processed foods because of the high salt content. So I am use to looking them up.
Well, I lost more than 50 lbs on the plant based diet, so there must be something to it.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Dean Ornish discovered the same thing 15 years earlier.
The Ornish program is diet, exercise and stress control. If you are following his program there is almost a 100% chance you will not need surgery in the next 5 years.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Ornish program is diet, exercise and stress control. If you are following his program there is almost a 100% chance you will not need surgery in the next 5 years.
I am 6 ft and weighed 157 lbs this morning. At one point I weighed 192 lbs. My total cholesterol was 164 the last time I donated blood and got the free total cholesterol report. I ate mainly vegan except one serving of fish per week. Seldom meat or cheese. I avoid fats when possible. I studied nutrition labels and fact sheets. There is a little fat/oil in oatmeal, corn and other foods that can not be avoided.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Most plant based carbohydrates are actually in the form of fiber, not sugars.
For some reason you dont understand, why you resist, I dont know, but doctors and diabetics know to severely limit carb intake as it improves their health. But I wont respond any further to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
For some reason you dont understand, why you resist, I dont know, but doctors and diabetics know to severely limit carb intake as it improves their health. But I wont respond any further to you.

Are you just talking about older ppl with T2D? Asking bc both my sister & my friend from irl who is on here have T1D & that's DEFINITELY not what they're advised!!! Yeah watching your carbs is important but severely limiting them, no way! The friend here @Stanfordella is a vegetarian.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟657,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I gather it is more about the quality of the fat rather than quantity though....avoiding processed foods is always a good idea.

But what could be more "processed" than vegetable products being formed into something that's supposed to look and taste like meat?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
But what could be more "processed" than vegetable products being formed into something that's supposed to look and taste like meat?

It totally depends on what is added to it. I mean for fast food restaurants no duh that all their crap is gonna be processed but you can totally make a plant based burger that's not heavily processed at all.

Upvote 0

-Sasha-

Handmaid of God
Apr 12, 2019
Midwest
✟27,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I haven't disagreed with the fact that diabetics ought to limit carb intake...when the carbs will be coming from sugar. My only point was that in many vegetables, the carbs come from fiber, not sugar. You are aware that the carb amount listed for a food includes fiber, yes? And when considering carb intake, you can subtract the fiber amount from the total carb amount since your body will not process the fiber? You're free to cease the conversation, but I just wanted to clarify that I'm not trying to argue in favor of having diabetic people eat more sugar.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am 6 ft and weighed 157 lbs this morning. At one point I weighed 192 lbs. My total cholesterol was 164 the last time I donated blood and got the free total cholesterol report. I ate mainly vegan except one serving of fish per week. Seldom meat or cheese. I avoid fats when possible. I studied nutrition labels and fact sheets. There is a little fat/oil in oatmeal, corn and other foods that can not be avoided.
If I wanted to lose weight getting rid of cheese maybe the best way to do that. If you added up all the weight I have lost in my lifetime over the last 50 years it would add up to be more then 500 pounds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
doctors and diabetics know to severely limit carb intake as it improves their health.
My fasting level runs between 85 & 95. Yet if I eat a lot of sugar I get symptoms that diabetics complain about like neuropathy.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I wanted to lose weight getting rid of cheese maybe the best way to do that. If you added up all the weight I have lost in my lifetime over the last 50 years it would add up to be more then 500 pounds.
I read Dr Joel Fuhrman’s book, “Eat to Live.” It is no added salt or added sugar. Like other plant based diets it is whole grains, veggies and fruits. These foods are full of fiber that fills up the stomach. Cheese is full of saturated fat and sodium/salt.

• Agree
Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟453,282.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you just talking about older ppl with T2D? Asking bc both my sister & my friend from irl who is on here have T1D & that's DEFINITELY not what they're advised!!! Yeah watching your carbs is important but severely limiting them, no way! The friend here @Stanfordella is a vegetarian.
What can you eat, if I may ask, as anything other than vegetables will raise your blood sugar?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What can you eat, if I may ask, as anything other than vegetables will raise your blood sugar?

I'm not diabetic, my sister & my friend who is also a member here are. I did tag her bc I know this is the kinda thing she cares about but I mean she's super busy so Idk if she'll log on here to see it & reply. I run xc so I eat a lot of carbs bc I need them but they're healthy carbs not junk stuff.

I know for my sister that she needs to raise her blood sugar a lot. My mom has always carried candy on her in case. Ella's been a vegetarian since she was little.

I'll tag her again. @Stanfordella

• Friendly
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Perhaps that's the case for some diabetics, particularly those who are middle-aged and older and have Type 2 diabetes, but I think it's vitally imperative to note that it's not applicable to all diabetics. I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes last year, and the advice my physicians have given to me is diametric to what you've stated. It's imperative that I not severely limit my carb intake. For one, I'm underweight not overweight as many older people with T2D are, so I'm striving to gain rather than lose pounds, and carbs are essential. I'm also extremely active, which again necessitates carbs.

It is crucial that I'm prudent with the carbs I choose, though, not just subsisting on frivolous nutritionally scant foods like cake. It's equally important that I balance the carbs out rather than severely reduce them. The key for me is having a reasonable amount of fat along with carbs. For example, I'll have a waffle but with peanut butter on top. I do keep things like fudge on hand because when you need to raise your blood sugars fairly quickly but not with a bolt you want a bit of fat with the sugar.

My mom literally just now freaked out at me because I haven't had enough carbs today and my CGM sent out an alert to them that I'm at risk. So I'm writing this with one hand and holding a smoothie with the other. I don't think showing her your post would get her to chill down, haha.

Eta:
To clarify, the smoothie is one made with full fat yogurt (Fage brand) that has 23 grams of protein per cup, with berries. It's not an ice cream smoothie. :)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0