Planned Parenthood is in Deep Trouble With the Law.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would inconvenience people, with other health care problems. The poor seek help from planned parenthood. I'm other ways. Most women I know. That had abortions are middle class young Christians. And their Christian boyfriends wanted them to have abortions. Because, They didn't want to have a child yet. Or more children. Or maybe they were cheating on their wives. If planned parenthood goes away. Something else will just replace it. I've known a few Christians, that pretend they haven't had abortion. And fight against planned parenthood and abortions. Calling it murder. Liberals should keep their legs shut. Or learn to be responsible. Even though the are Conservative Christians. That doesn't practice what they preach. So this is what I think of people, that claim to be against abortion.
That's missing the point. No one wants to do away with health care. Health care is available all across the USA.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's missing the point. No one wants to do away with health care. Health care is available all across the USA.
Not if you're in a poor area. You have to deal with doctor trying to avoid you, get rid of you, And Not call in your medicine. Then you have to look else where. And you run into the same things at the next doctor place . That's supposed to help the poor. So no there isn't health care everywhere. Anyways get rid of planned parenthood. Other profit places will be available to do abortions and poor people will get screwed.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.lifenews.com/2017/11/28/...e-with-the-law-this-could-be-a-turning-point/

...............and many more!!!

The Stream
/ November 28, 2017

This Could Be a Turning Point.

The Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives spent almost one-and-a-half years conducting a national investigation, reviewing 30,000 pages of documents, and hearing hours of testimony.They found enough evidence to refer several Planned Parenthood affiliates and tissue procurement companies for potential prosecution. Attorney General Jeff Sessions suggested this week that if the FBI concurs, charges might be filed.

Just as news of the FBI inquiry broke, the 8th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals declined to revisit its ruling that the state of Arkansas can redirect Medicaid funds away from abortion businesses like Planned Parenthood, which the state is completely justified in doing considering the ongoing baby parts scandal.

MARJORIE DANNENFELSER Published on November 28, 2017

I heard that they didn't find anything illegal going on....

Makes me wonder if this isn't just an act for the christian constituency. The mere illusion of due diligence.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We do not live, move and breathe under the disciplines, rules, regulations, of ancient scriptures. The Law of Moses is gone. We live under the amazing Grace of God through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Christians stand forgiven of sin at the Cross, and that includes daily sins. That was not the case before the Cross, before the advent of Christianity. Jesus, in His sacrifice for each of us, obliterated any and all sacrifices under the Old Testament and the Hebrew Religion. HE paid it all, all to Him we owe.

NO ONE ..... NO ONE ..... in the authentic Christian Faith thinks it is acceptable for anyone to deliberately kill helpless children, infants and pregnant women. And that includes abortion.

Only those who are outside our Faith follow that grievously deceptive immoral egregious path. That includes those who lie about their Christian faith. That includes all those who are failing to confess Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Confess Romans 10:8-13 and begin your Christian journey. Then you'll understand.

:wave:
I agree that no one, Christian or non-Christian should think it acceptable to deliberately kill children, infants and pregnant women. Opinion is split on the very emotive subject of abortion.
It is all very well saying you are now living under different regulations, but you can't escape the fact that the bible records the god you believe in orchestrating the slaughter of the very people we are discussing. How can you in one breath condemn such a thing and in the next breath "obliterate" those very actions sanctioned by the god you believe in? Moving the goalposts by saying you are now under a new covenant does not, in my opinion, excuse such barbarity by a supposedly all-loving deity.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Had you found your self in the middle of the Rwandan genocide would you have taken the same stance?

People like to use hyperbolic speech like "murder" and "genocide" or "atrocity", etc....because their goal is to illicit a emotional reaction of guilt or shame not only in women who get abortions...but in the people who support them as well.

After all, isn't it Jesus who said "When people don't behave the way you'd like them to, shame, berate, and belittle them so that they feel truly awful for not seeing things your way."....?

I know I'm paraphrasing there, but I'm pretty sure that's in the bible somewhere.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree that no one, Christian or non-Christian should think it acceptable to deliberately kill children, infants and pregnant women. Opinion is split on the very emotive subject of abortion.
It is all very well saying you are now living under different regulations, but you can't escape the fact that the bible records the god you believe in orchestrating the slaughter of the very people we are discussing. How can you in one breath condemn such a thing and in the next breath "obliterate" those very actions sanctioned by the god you believe in? Moving the goalposts by saying you are now under a new covenant does not, in my opinion, excuse such barbarity by a supposedly all-loving deity.

Did I read that right? You confess that God is real and the bible is inerrant?

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Did I read that right? You confess that God is real and the bible is inerrant?
You read wrong. I did not say your god was real, nor did I say the bible is inerrant. I was talking about what Christians believe, not what I believe. My question is this, if Christians believe in the biblical god and what the bible says about the biblical god, then how do they reconcile the belief in a supposedly all-loving being and the bible recording this same being sanctioning the deliberate slaughter of children, infants and pregnant women?
You would imagine such a thing would be problematic for Christians, but it just seems to be casually dismissed with a "We are now under a new covenant."

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You read wrong. I did not say your god was real, nor did I say the bible is inerrant. I was talking about what Christians believe, not what I believe. My question is this, if Christians believe in the biblical god and what the bible says about the biblical god, then how do they reconcile the belief in a supposedly all-loving being and the bible recording this same being sanctioning the deliberate slaughter of children, infants and pregnant women?
You would imagine such a thing would be problematic for Christians, but it just seems to be casually dismissed with a "We are now under a new covenant."

Oh, please... do tell me about this God you do not believe in, found in a book you do not read or understand and worshiped by a religion you do not agree with. I'm sure you know the bible better than anyone and your understanding is perfect.

Question: If Christ had not yet been born... how then do you profess there were Christ-ians to follow him?

• Winner
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I wonder why the USA is so reactionery when it comes to abortion.
Most western countries have no problem with it at all, as either a legal, moral or religious issue.
Those that campaign agaist it are thought to be cranks and odd balls.
The only remaining issue is in regard to the time limit and safety of late terminations.
In the Uk only northern Ireland are holding out aginst most abortions, but even there, there seems to be a change in the legal position. Not that it stops abortions anyway, as they come to the rest of the UK for the procedure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Most western countries have no problem with it at all, as either a legal, moral or religious issue.
The only remaining issue is in regard to the time limit and safety of late terminations.
In the Uk only northern Ireland are holding out aginst most abortions, but even there, there seems to be a change in the legal position. Not that it stops abortions anyway, as they come to the rest of the UK for the procedure.

Personally, I believe the unborn child has rights. I think that is the general gist of it for the most part.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, please... do tell me about this God you do not believe in, found in a book you do not read or understand and worshiped by a religion you do not agree with. I'm sure you know the bible better than anyone and your understanding is perfect.

Question: If Christ had not yet been born... how then do you profess there were Christ-ians to follow him?
Well yes, I don't believe in the biblical god and yes, I have read the bible, some of it I can make no sense of, other parts of it I can and no, I don't know the bible better than anyone, but I know enough of what it says to know I would not want to follow the god of that book.
There may not have been Christians, but it's the same god that Christians worship today, and anyway, don't Christians believe that their god and Jesus are one and the same along with the holy ghost whatever that is? That is one of the things I can't get my head around.
Do you believe that the god of the OT is not the same god you worship today and if so am I then to take it that you believe the OT god was guilty of genocide and infanticide?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I heard that they didn't find anything illegal going on....

Makes me wonder if this isn't just an act for the christian constituency. The mere illusion of due diligence.
By the same group responsible for making up a false story about sexual improprieties by a US senate candidate no less.

Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Personally, I believe the unborn child has rights. I think that is the general gist of it for the most part.

We have no legal rights when we are dead.
How can we have legal rights before we are born..?
There is no certainty that we will even be born alive.
How could we excercise any rights anyway?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Does or does not God have his followers kill women and Children in the bible? Yes or no?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Other western countries are outsourcing their procreation to the third world. Besides, they have pretty much rejected Christian morality, the sanctity of human life, created as it were in God's image, suffer me not the little children and all, so abortion is therefore not a moral issue. It is mainly a petty inconvenience for those who have more important things to do in their lives than be bogged down with taking care of pesky children.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well yes, I don't believe in the biblical god

How then do propose me to prove the validity of what you believe a myth? I can not prove a negative, and modus tollendo does not necessarily apply as a valid argument form or rule of inference on this topic. Without any understanding of the topic as in relation to God, your statements become a hypothetical argument; seeing that they have no real basis in Christian ideology. I am then forced to argue a fallacy and prove a mistruth fueled by your own misunderstanding.

and yes, I have read the bible, some of it I can make no sense of, other parts of it I can and no, I don't know the bible better than anyone, but I know enough of what it says to know I would not want to follow the god of that book.

You are attempting to understand the spiritual, in the physical, without the aid of the spiritual being its self. God is a being. You cannot understand his word by not wanting to find the truth. You can search and find the truth, and still deny it if you so chose, but God will not reveal insight to an individual that dismisses even his own existence outright.

There may not have been Christians, but it's the same god that Christians worship today, and anyway, don't Christians believe that their god and Jesus are one and the same along with the holy ghost whatever that is? That is one of the things I can't get my head around.

The Holy Trinity, yes. It is not a difficult concept. Three roles carried out by the same person, and all three roles have their own characteristics. I am a father, a son, and a husband. I act accordingly to the role I am playing. I do not speak to my Mother like I would my own child. Nor do I treat my wife as if she was my Mother. And I assert myself as the adult, advocate, and protector over my children. Three completely different roles, sets of responsibilities, and means of relating to those affected in the different roles taken on by the same individual.

Do you believe that the god of the OT is not the same god you worship today

Yes.

and if so am I then to take it that you believe the OT god was guilty of genocide and infanticide?

No.

Does or does not God have his followers kill women and Children in the bible? Yes or no?

Yes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That is a terribly false assumption. Funny that you think that though. You have NO idea how broken it is. When healthcare is for profit, when you can't make a profit, you don't service an area.

In fact, I saw a special online doc about, what essentially are, triage temporary hospitals that travel around the US treating people who don't have access to your healthcare system. I saw it a few months ago and I have been desperately trying to find it back because frankly, it shocked the heck out of me.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We have no legal rights when we are dead.
How can we have legal rights before we are born..?
There is no certainty that we will even be born alive.
How could we excercise any rights anyway?

No?

Let's say someone dies in your house. Go ahead and chop up the body, collect tissue samples for research, and then throw the body in the garbage. Let's see how that works out for you.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
As a Christian, I can't sit here and deny it.
Out of curiousity, I'm wondering if you could speak to me about the context that God guided his people to do that? IE, if the Israelites were to be defeated, would their captors have been gentle and lily gloved with them?
I'm not convinced that the behaviour of the Israelites, guided by God or not, was anywhere outside of the norms of the world of that day.
So to sit here in 2017 and get up twisted up in knots about that point feels a bit, misguided to me.

Upvote 0