george

Veteran
Mar 29, 2002
springfield,ky
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I made a comment earliar today on a post I posted, and ended up asking one of the moderators to delete it cause I thought I may have been a little judgementle about this subject, so i will keep my mouth shut on this one, but i will say that his word says to honor God with your body, you need to judge rather or not this pleases God.  and if you are getting your belly or back done, it may draw guys that are weak to look at you in a uncomfortable way.

don,t mean to sound critical, but thats what I would personally say to someone who ask me.

Upvote 0

christygirl

Apr 4, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟143.00
Faith
Christian
Welllllll......george is right, about what the bible says and also has a good point about the type of people a tattoo might attract. 

When I was 26 yrs old, my life was going through alot of changes, some good and some bad....I was determined to have a tattoo and I got one, a very pretty butterfly.  Why? I think it was my way of saying, hey, I'm an adult and I can do whatever I want.....I didn't have God in my life then(although, he was there keeping an eye on me whether I thought he was or not.....) and didn't know his word and the things he not only gives us but also expects from us....do I regret getting the tattoo? Yes, I do.  Does God love me less since I have a tattoo? No, he does not. It's water under the bridge. 

You do what you want to do....but do me a favor....do something that I didn't do at the time.....ask yourself if this really is that important....pray and ask for guidance from God...he'll let you know....he always does :D :angel:

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Sounds like Christygirl has given you some very excellent advice. I will not give you advice either way, but I will tell you about my son. When he was your age and younger he wanted a tatoo in the worst way. But I steadfastly refused and consequently he went through high school tatooless. He is 24 now and not long ago, out of the blue, he said I sure am glad you didn't let me get a tatoo back then.

So I do not say you should or shouldn't. All I say is that you are still very young and when people are young their tastes change, sometime radically in just a year or two. I just say, follow Christygirl's advice and pray about it and don't be in too big a rush.

Remember, ask God and your Daddy. You know a girl can trust them.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Yeah, I would hold off on the tattoo's

I have my ears pierced and that's as far as I will go, I would discourage against tongue piercings.

First they pierce your tongue, then put a barbell through it, and it swells up so bad you can't talk for 2 weeks, and you have to use Listerine 5 times a day, and for weeks.

Also in rare cases tongue piercings go bad and peoples tongues swell up so bad, that they choke on their own tongue. :eek:

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Ktf,

I agree with the others who say wait on getting the tattoos. But as fas as the piercings go, I'm all for 'em, as long as you're getting them for the right reasons.

Good luck with the tongue piercing, though. Like Badfish alluded to: great misery awaits you.

Keep us updated.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
KTF I'm a 17 year old guy and, maybe this is just me but... I don't like any of that stuff.... I like girl's bodies to be natural as God made em. To me there is just something repulsive about that :) Being totally honest here...

Some things to consider:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Once you get a tattoo done, you can't just change your mind and wash it off. It's there for a REALLY long time unless you can pay the big bucks to have it removed.

2) You limit your options on guys by doin it because there are more out there like me that wouldn't date someone with it done.

3) And finally... one day you'll be old. :D We all will... but your skin will sag and what used to be a butterfly might not be one anymore. Or could you envision your grandmom havin a belly-button ring and toungue ring? One day you might be a grandmom yourself. Those things might last longer than you want them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well anyways, those are my thoughts about it all. :D Hope you'll have peace in whatever decision you make. Have a great day!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dewjunkie

Apr 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
KTF, the piercings are fine, you can take them out later if you don't like them. Before I got a job in law enforcement, I had my tongue done. If you take care of it, you'll have no problems other than swelling and discomfort while eating for a few days. It doesn't hurt when it's done, but a little pain lingers for the couple days after.

I would wait a while on the tat. I have 9. I didn't get my first until I was 24. I contemplated getting one for about 4 years before that. I'm glad I waited, not because my tastes have changed from when I was younger, but I was at a point where I was sure I wouldn't mind having them for the rest of my life. I was certain I wasn't just buying into a fad, I got them for a reason and they all have meaning. Tattoos are very popular right now, be careful that you aren't getting one just because it's "cool".

Just be sure that 20 years from now when someone asks you "why'd you get that one?" you don't have to answer; "I dunno, I guess because I was young and it was popular at the time".

Upvote 0

KeepTheFaith15

Thats Me whats can i say?
im not saying a big tattoo, a small fairy, like theres this one big chick in my choir who got a fairy on her lower back and her fats hanging out and stuff and it shows IM not about to do that to myself, my i want my tongie and belly done, like many have said you can always take those out.

Upvote 0
D

Dee-Dee

Well i personally feel that neither will keep u out of heaven. Aand that "your body is the temple of GOD" goes into every aspect of our being.
I have a piercing(don't ask where) and like it, it as something that i did mainly for me. There's certain things u just got to get out of your system.

Think bout it and make the decision that u can best live with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

en|gma

Se|2eNiTy
Jan 22, 2003
South Australia
Visit site
✟15,732.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Today at 01:08 AM sbbqb7n16 said this in Post #10

KTF I'm a 17 year old guy and, maybe this is just me but... I don't like any of that stuff.... I like girl's bodies to be natural as God made em. To me there is just something repulsive about that :) Being totally honest here...

Some things to consider:
1) Once you get a tattoo done, you can't just change your mind and wash it off. It's there for a REALLY long time unless you can pay the big bucks to have it removed.

2) You limit your options on guys by doin it because there are more out there like me that wouldn't date someone with it done.

3) And finally... one day you'll be old. :D We all will... but your skin will sag and what used to be a butterfly might not be one anymore. Or could you envision your grandmom havin a belly-button ring and toungue ring? One day you might be a grandmom yourself. Those things might last longer than you want them.

Well anyways, those are my thoughts about it all. :D Hope you'll have peace in whatever decision you make. Have a great day!

AMEN! If you're speaking for the male population..I'll go speak for the female population. I also like guys just the way God created them to be! Although I'm not totally closed. ;) Honestly, I would rather go for a guy without any piercing and tattoo but if it happens that God prepared a man for me with a piercing or a tattoo or both, I would have to gladly accept it. But it sure will make me question God so much before I can accept or even commit to a relationship with that kind of guy :)

Upvote 0