Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So, is your end in mind the same as stated in the passage? I underlined those related to this command for fututre kings.

Obviously, they don't all apply to us (like ruling over Israel). But the other ones do (like reading it all the days of our lives, learning to revere the LORD, carefully following all the words of the law, and not considering oneself better than others).

Are these your ends-in-mind?
well, it's been a while since I first felt like I wanted to type out the Scriptures so I dont remember if I set out to do it precisely for those but I knew it would help me abide better lol. all those sound really good. and no, I have no ambition to rule over anything or anyone.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I heard recently someone else did this too. They found it a way to keep their focus on the text they were reading and made me feel like I'd like to give it a go too. Then I click on this today and see you're doing it. If I do it I might start first with the books I really like.....which would be for me the New Testament, definitely Genesis, Exodus well other books too....I'd find it a little tedious doing say Leviticus, or things with long genealogies. Anyway sounds like an interesting idea. It makes one wonder what a project this would have been in ancient days though when they had to put down the Bible in big scrolls which were cumbersome and they used ink wells to do it. Quite a job.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I am wanting to copy the Bible like King David was commanded. I have tried writing by hand but it hurts lol. I know I will get used to it but aside from that, I just know im going to lose the notebook coz I lose everything and I dont want my work to go to waste so Im thinking to type it.

Now I'm wondering which program should I use? I have a MacBook and an iPad. was also thinking if maybe I can use a stylus - again, which program do you think would be good?
I am considering something like TheBrain or Standard Notes.

If possible I would love to put the Hebrew in too but that seems too complicated. I'm thinking after I type it all up, it would be nice to use it as a personal study Bible

I just use Microsoft word and save what I work on.

Here is the beginning of Romans I started recently,...

Chapter 1

PAUL, a bondservant of Christ Jesus, called to be an Apostle, separated unto the Gospel of GOD,

2 Which He promised before through His prophets in the holy scriptures,

3 Concerning His Son, The-One born out of the seed of David according to the flesh,

4 The-One declared as The Son of GOD in power, according to The Spirit of Holiness, by the resurrection of the dead, even Jesus Christ our Lord,

5 Through Whom we received grace and an Apostleship, unto the obedience of faith amongst all the Nations, for the sake of His Name,

6 Amongst Whom ye art also the called-ones of Jesus Christ.

7 To all those in Rome, beloved of GOD, called to be Saints: Grace unto thee(P) and peace from GOD our Father, and The Lord Jesus Christ.

I use just a simple Esword program to look at various old translations and some new ones, some commentaries from old scholars, etc.. I've been doing this quite a few years. My ambition is to have the earliest possible translation that also includes those portions of the later texts that The Holy Spirit shows me to be true. I don't read Greek or Hebrew, I don't really need to with interlinears and such to look at.

It is quite hard to do actually, a lot of concentration has to be focused by me on getting things right. Like you, it will be my personal bible when I'm done, leather-bound and all.

• Wow
Reactions: issa
Upvote 0

issa

pray for the peace of Jerusalem
Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That's what I thought- we're more engaged when we're writing.

Maybe aim to write a certain number of pages daily.
update: I am able to write a few verses a day in Hebrew. Sometimes just one verse. Sometimes none. But, I have not stopped. I think it helps that I left my notebook out on the table beside my computer :) Anyway, it's slow going because I also look at the meanings of the Hebrew words, made much easier by stepbible.org.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0