Dec 8, 2007
✟828,591.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The rifle-I give up, it's beautiful, but what is it?
I think it is a very nice sporter version of the GEW88 Mauser:
GEW88-05-63B-1004.jpg

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟67,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
soon there will be a day when we will make war no more, one can enjoy shooting sports, hunting and history without glorifying war. We have found when a young man wants something such as a Hunters Safety certification he will open his ears and pay attention, then we can pour Christian life lessons into him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,591.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
After I got back from a Ukraine missions trip, I got tired of all my modern, expensive, Western Hemisphere toys, so I switched them out for Eastern Hemisphere, WW1-WW2 "Curio and Relics". So much history and character, fun to clean, maintain, and a blast to refinish (pun intented).

I got all 8 rifles for the price of my gussied-up Daniel Defense DD4V4 and optic.. Oddly enough, my favorite rifle is the 1943 Turkish 8mm Mauser (2nd from right) that I ran away with for $175. :) My cheapest gun is my favorite... go figure.

P.S. I'm wanting to start a "C&R" only club/league..... imagine long range competitions with only these kinds of guns, no optics. :) If you're interested, look for the threat I started...

"Curio and Relics" (C&R) League - Weekend outings, fun/competition, pistols/bolt-action only, etc

View attachment 191705
I love your two Mosins; the one with the folding bayonet is not all that common; and neither are the carbines up here in Canada. My Mosin shoots surprisingly well with cheap surplus Russian and Chinese ammo! Recoil is profound with the surplus ammo though!! I love my Russian SKS as well!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.