• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Pictures of your guns

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tallguy88, Mar 15, 2017.

1. ss51

ss51 Active Member

+385
    Christian
    Single
    5.56?

2. ss51

ss51 Active Member

+385
    Christian
    Single
    I believe that chambering is superior to .223 although were I to do it over I would go with 6.5 Grendal

3. zoidar

zoidar Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,908
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    In Sweden guns are illegal unless you use for hunting.

4. ss51

ss51 Active Member

+385
    Christian
    Single
    that is sad that the Swedes government fears it's citizens

5. zoidar

+1,908
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    That's one way to see it.

6. MarkRohfrietsch

MarkRohfrietsch Unapologetic Apologist Supporter

+4,206
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Married
    Or target shooting; much the same here in Canada. BTW, I just picked up a Husquevarna M96 is 6.5 x 55; I am building it into a "Scout Rifle"; doing a full trigger job to the factory trigger; cutting and turning the bolt handle; adding see throug scope mounts, and making a new stock. Even with the stock trigger and bullets that are too light and ammo to short for the chamber, it is already a shooter. Bore and chamber, and bolt look like new! Felt recoil is mild.

7. zoidar

+1,908
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    Huskvarna? Even Swedes know how to make guns. ^_^

8. MarkRohfrietsch

+4,206
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Married
    Yes, indeed they do! I owned three Carl Gustaf Mausers; bought them back in the 80's; they were military surplus and came brand-new, still packed in the grease and wrapped in brown paper from the factory: $75.00 each. Sporterized one (eventually sold it to buy a mini-14; which was a big mistake as it was the worst, least accurate rifle I ever owned) Gave another one to my father in law as a gift (he regifted it later) and sold the third. I have regretted selling them every single day since. I finally scratched that 40 year old itch this year and bought a brand new Zastava '98 Mauser in 6.5 x 55 SE (Higher Pressure loads) and love it!!! The Huski kind of fell in my lap!! Who could say no?? LOL

I live in Southern Ontario Canada and here we are not allowed to hunt with anything bigger than .270. After the Carl Gustaf Mauser, I went to the Mini14 and the accuracy was a great dissapointment; once the barrel warmed up (after about the third shot fired) the groups would open up to the point of missing a coyote sized target at 100 yards; I owned a .22-250 heavy barrel varmint rifle, but too heavy for coyote and fox hunting. Bought a Remington 78 in .223; it was a bit heavy and had seemingly endless feeding issues with the magazine; even with new parts; built an AR15 in .223; great rifle now prohibited here (still have it locked up), and a .223 single shot Handi Rifle; nice rilfe, but bad trigger.

Back to the 6.5... Latest rage here in Canada and the US is the 6.5 Creedmore. Why? Good marketing.

If one compares the balistics of the 6.5 CM, the .260 Remington and the 6.5 x 55, there is none of the three that show any advantage over the others however numerically the 6.5 x 55 edges both out. If you look at the 6.5 x 55 SE for rifles with modern actions, the old Sweedish Caliber outperforms both by a significant margin.

The workmanship on the Zastava rifles puts all of the north american rifle manufacturers to shame, and considering they are on the upper side of the economy price range makes them even more impressive. Good sights, great trigger, standard scope mounts available, turkish Walnut Stocks.
    My Zastava:
    upload_2021-7-17_7-5-1.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. MarkRohfrietsch

+4,206
    Canada
    Lutheran
    Married
    They sure do!

upload_2021-7-17_7-15-35.png
    upload_2021-7-17_7-16-55.png

10. zoidar

+1,908
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    I know practically nothing about guns, even I was to get a pistol at one time, for reasons I better not get into.