Pfizer vaccine receives FDA approval.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
We can stop working, stop feeding our families...stop buying other needed medications...

Lame excuse -- if you really cared about your family, you'd get vaccinated.

...because if you're not willing to, your boss will happily fire you and replace you with someone who is... and what will your family eat then?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lame excuse -- if you really cared about your family, you'd get vaccinated.

...because if you're not willing to, your boss will happily fire you and replace you with someone who is... and what will your family eat then?
I believe if you really cared about your family, you would depend on God to keep them healthy, and not the vaccination of every person you come in contact with.

But, as we can see, only what you think and believe matters, you couldnt care less about what anyone besides yourself think....unless they think the same way you do.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,136.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I believe if you really cared about your family, you would depend on God to keep them healthy, and not the vaccination of every person you come in contact with.

I wonder how many of the 600,000+ people who died of covid in your country thought the same.

In another forum, when covid was just starting to have an effect, I said that if people didn't take it seriously (discussing the matter with Americans) then you'd have deaths approaching 100,000. I was ridiculed. I thought, reasonably I thought at the time, that if it did then everyone would at least treat it seriously.

Then I thought they must come to their senses when it got to a quarter of a million. And then started wondering if they might when it hit 500,000. I've given up now.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many of the 600,000+ people who died of covid in your country thought the same.

In another forum, when covid was just starting to have an effect, I said that if people didn't take it seriously (discussing the matter with Americans) then you'd have deaths approaching 100,000. I was ridiculed. I thought, reasonably I thought at the time, that if it did then everyone would at least treat it seriously.

Then I thought they must come to their senses when it got to a quarter of a million. And then started wondering if they might when it hit 500,000. I've given up now.
I can see some light. God usually steps in after we are done trying to fix things on our own. Now that you've given up, why not try Jesus? What is there to lose?

I couldnt imagine walking around a state with one of the highest number of cases and deaths....all while depending on, and blaming, everyone around me for the health of my family. It would be enough to drive anyone mad....therefore I understand the frustration shown here.

Try to understand that those who trust in God, have a peace that passes all understanding.... There is a certain joy that comes with knowing that I can go and come and not have to think about being angry at you because you dont have on a mask or haven't gotten vaccinated.....for my health is not dependent on your actions.

I guess it would be, for you, like the invention of a vaccine that was 100% effective against transmission and contraction. Wouldnt that make you feel a lot safer? wouldnt that make you feel less likely to judge and look down on your neighbor because of their choice? Well this vaccine exists....why not give it a try?

But I will find no fault, if you would rather continue as you are.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

As long as you're making God do the heavy lifting, see if you get Him to feed your family.

But, as we can see, only what you think and believe matters, you couldnt care less about what anyone besides yourself think....unless they think the same way you do.

Darn right I don't care -- and if I were your boss, I'd can you like a tuna for refusing to get vaccinated.

How do you plan to feed your family without me?

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As long as you're making God do the heavy lifting, see if you get Him to feed your family.

Darn right I don't care -- and if I were your boss, I'd can you like a tuna for refusing to get vaccinated.

Matthew 6:26-27

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Of course. God not only provides me with health, but also the food on my tables. He is solely responsible for feeding my family and giving me everything that I currently own. I dont take credit for any of it.

I agree....but I also know that everything can be taken from me, and God will be able to give me 7 times more in return.

Now I am not anti -vax nor do i believe that you cannot take the vax and trust in God at the same time. But If I did believe this, I would avoid the vax without any worry about my safety or well being, for I know I will be takened care of.

Doesnt this sound better than being angry with the world because they wont do what they have to, to keep your family safe?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course. God not only provides me with health, but also the food on my tables. He is solely responsible for feeding my family and giving me everything that I currently own. I dont take credit for any of it.
Then you are selling yourself short.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I agree....but I also know that everything can be taken from me, and God will be able to give me 7 times more in return.

If the Almighty is signing your paychecks, good for you. Somehow, I suspect He's not.

Now I am not anti -vax nor do i believe that you cannot take the vax and trust in God at the same time. But If I did believe this, I would avoid the vax without any worry about my safety or well being, for I know I will be takened care of.

Doesnt this sound better than being angry with the world because they wont do what they have to, to keep your family safe?

No matter how much faith you have in God, I'll bet you still look both ways before you cross the street... and I'll hope you teach your family to do likewise.

How would you feel about the drivers who deliberately run every red light they see?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then you are selling yourself short.

Not exactly employee-of-the-month material, I must say.

The problem with manna from Heaven is that it's neither filling nor nutritious. In the real world, if you want to feed your family, you need money. If you want money, you need a job. If you want a job, you need to do what your boss tells you.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Almighty is signing your paychecks, good for you. Somehow, I suspect He's not.

I get direct deposit so no signing needing...... But when I do need to sign....He give me the activity in my limbs to do so...so He still gets the credit....

No matter how much faith you have in God, I'll bet you still look both ways before you cross the street... and I'll hope you teach your family to do likewise.

Yes, I do look both ways.....but those time when my mind is elsewhere and I forget to look and step out in front of the car.....Who is it that prevents my from getting hit?

How would you feel about the drivers who deliberately run every red light they see?

How does this apply here? Do you feel that those who do not vax are deliberately breaking the law?
Everyone forced to get vaxed will...they have no choice.

And I am not like you at all..... I do not believe that you should be forced to not take the vax because of what I believe.

And I am willing to wear masks, stay 6ft away, and get injected if it would make you feel better or safer in any way. Because I love my neighbors..... But I would be taking it for your well being and piece of mind, not my own....for I know where my health comes from.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I do look both ways.....but those time when my mind is elsewhere and I forget to look and step out in front of the car.....Who is it that prevents my from getting hit?

The same one who bears responsibility if you do get hit -- so whose fault is it if you or one of your children end up as a hood ornament?

How does this apply here? Do you feel that those who do not vax are deliberately breaking the law?
Everyone forced to get vaxed will...they have no choice.

Who's forcing who to get vaxxed? The government is mandating vaccinations only for those people who work for them directly... which is within their rights as an employer.

So who's forcing you or anyone else to do anything?

And I am not like you at all..... I do not believe that you should be forced to not take the vax because of what I believe.

Imagine if I were a pregnant woman...

And I am willing to wear masks, stay 6ft away, and get injected if it would make you feel better or safer in any way. Because I love my neighbors..... But I would be taking it for your well being and piece of mind, not my own....for I know where my health comes from.

Nobody's asking you to do any more -- and yet you'd be surprised how few "Christians" would accept a minor inconvenience in order to put their neighbors' good ahead of their own...

...kind of makes you wonder what The Cross means to those people...

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Plus places like Texas and Florida, where the people at the top have prohibited local school board from making rules about their own school district.

Or more accurately, tried and failed. But it is the thought that counts for this discussion.
You misunderstand. Banning a MANDATE does not mean banning MASKS. Anyone is free to wear a mask. No one is prohibited from wearing a mask.

Prohibitions and forced mandates to do something (or be somewhere) are what autocrats do, which should concern anyone with a passing knowledge of history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You misunderstand. Banning a MANDATE does not mean banning MASKS. Anyone is free to wear a mask. No one is prohibited from wearing a mask.

Prohibitions and forced mandates to do something (or be somewhere) are what autocrats do, which should concern anyone with a passing knowledge of history.

Those of us with more than a passing knowledge of history understand that occasional mandates are necessary.

... even Biblical, if Leviticus 13:45 has any meaning around here (which I doubt).

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Count yourself lucky.......since you are vaccinated, at least you are allowed to travel.
Even though he can spread it whether or not he is vaccinated, which makes zero sense.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whut? Apart from all the redundancy in that one sentence, backwards you have it. People would avoid the business. He'd go bust. So it's a democratic democracy. Not an autocratic autocracy (the whirring noise you hear is old Chalky Evans, my old English Language teacher, spinning in his grave).
Include the whole post (especially when short) or at least the whole context.

You: I don't know what people are like around where you live. But people in these parts are queing to get a jab. And if a business stuck a card in their window saying 'Not vaccinated now, not vaccinated ever' then pretty soon there'd be another sign stuck over the first saying 'Property for lease'.

Me: "Ah, so you live in an autocratic top down autocracy. There are several of them: California, Michigan, Oregon come to mind.

Around here, no one would put such a sign up, nor would anyone inquire, much less a landlord."

Reality:
About a third of the population would avoid the business from such a sign saying the owner wasn't vaccinated (though no one would actually do this, or very few) - the autocrats who think, despite all rationality, that if they can avoid the presence of the "undesirables" those who have not taken the jab (even if they already had Covid), that they are "safe" from contracting or spreading the virus, which we all know is abject nonsense, as even the CDC has admitted, and the rising rates of hospitalized vaccinated are proving it out.

We are way early on too.

The other 2/3 of the population would shrug their shoulders and either do business there or not, depending on convenience, because they were either 1) already recovered from Covid, believing they have immunity, 2) received the jab, and believe they have immunity, or 3) will just wear a mask to be safe as everyone did the past year and a half.

They don't live their lives mandating what others must do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even though he can spread it whether or not he is vaccinated, which makes zero sense.
Because he's much less likely to spread it he's vaccinated, which makes quite a lot of sense. Why did you leave out that part?

Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those of us with more than a passing knowledge of history understand that occasional mandates are necessary.

... even Biblical, if Leviticus 13:45 has any meaning around here (which I doubt).
Well, I happen to have more than a passing acquaintance with both history and scripture. And Leviticus 13:46 says this: All the days he has the sore he shall be unclean. He is unclean, and he shall dwell alone; his dwelling shall be outside the camp.

Totally agreed. If you have the sore - or to move to the analogy you are attempting to make - have the virus, you shall be "unclean", meaning you should certainly quarantine "all the days you have the (virus)" until you are recovered, in order to protect everyone else with whom you live.

And that's what people did on their own for the last year and a half. Medical people lived in their garages for the first year of the pandemic to protect their families, especially early on. College kids came home and lived in the basement to protect Mom and Dad. We all washed and disinfected everything that came into our homes -and ourselves - when we returned from outside, in hopes of protecting our families.

Then, it ended, and they were "clean" again.

The "mandate" here is self-imposed. Exactly as it should be today. You want to wear a mask (I still am, to protect one family member)? Do it. You want the jab or any other protective measure or to stay separate from someone with symptoms - or you have nebulous symptoms? Do it. Use wisdom.

The difference between rational people and irrational people is that rational people operate from internal, not external control.

This was the law and the people of God heard it regularly when it was read to them in the synagogue and they knew what to do.

Upvote 0