Passing Through
✟449,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And that, boys and girls, is how the tyrants keep us clothed against our will.
Not everywhere. There are places one can go and engage in nudity.

But in the rest of the world, sanitary reasons (or being cold) are why we wear clothing, and most of us don't require the exterior control of the government mandating it.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Always with the nonsensical food metaphors in relation to public health.
Not my fault my wisdom is going over your head. I'm only giving it because you ask for it. I will refrain if you have no further questions.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Replace "plant zucchini seeds" with "emit poisonous fumes" and you will have a closer analogy to the "freedom" you wish to have.

If I ever get the desire to emit poisonous fumes, it would be totally appropriate for my freedom to do that to be taken away. I might complain about it, but I would not be justified in doing so.
My analogy was in reference to reaping what you have sown..... the seed was the desire to force others to do what you are ok with doing simply because you are ok with it. The fruit reaped would be yourself being forced to do that which you would not like.....because of the wishes/demands of another.

If we are to switch to "poisonous fumes", it would only work if one knew that they were sick, and knowingly went out in public around others.....to which, they too will find themselves in a situation where their own lives were put in risk, knowingly by someone else.

But clearly this is not relevant here......as this can be perpetrated by the vaccinated and the unvaccinated alike.

If you want to enter this conversation, please make it relevant to the point at hand....namely, the desire to force another to do something against their will because you believe it is the right thing to do.

I know this was not the point of the thread, but it was the point of the conversation in the post you replied to.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that, boys and girls, is how the tyrants keep us clothed against our will.
The tyrants gave you ways to continue in your desire to not wear pants. You are allowed to remove them in your home and in designated places outside of it (nude beaches?). Those that have to work arent given the same options concerning the vaccine. It would be akin to you being forced to wear your pants in your home as well....nay, even in the shower.....never being able to take them off. For once you get injected, you can never be un-injected.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But in the rest of the world, sanitary reasons (or being cold) are why we wear clothing, and most of us don't require the exterior control of the government mandating it.

You'd be surprised at how the government controls our inalienable right to be naked.

For example, my home state of NJ has "indecent exposure" as a disorderly persons offense, punishable by up to a month in jail or $1000 fine.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The tyrants gave you ways to continue in your desire to not wear pants. You are allowed to remove them in your home and in designated places outside of it (nude beaches?).

As I mentioned earlier, NJ has strict laws regarding "indecent exposure."

However, there is a loophole -- Gunnison Beach is located at Gateway National Park in Sandy Hook, NJ -- federal land, federal jurisdiction... I (technically) have to leave my state in order to exercise my rights.

Those that have to work arent given the same options concerning the vaccine. It would be akin to you being forced to wear your pants in your home as well....nay, even in the shower.....never being able to take them off. For once you get injected, you can never be un-injected.

Are you suggesting that if the vaccine could somehow be turned "on" or "off," you'd be okay with it?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I mentioned earlier, NJ has strict laws regarding "indecent exposure."

However, there is a loophole -- Gunnison Beach is located at Gateway National Park in Sandy Hook, NJ -- federal land, federal jurisdiction... I (technically) have to leave my state in order to exercise my rights.

yeah I guess we have a loop hole as well....we can stop working, stop feeding our families...stop buying other needed medications... So I guess we have it just as bad as you guys who wish to not wear clothes in public....great comparison.

Are you suggesting that if the vaccine could somehow be turned "on" or "off," you'd be okay with it?
No, but I do understand how you would think is what I meant. and I find no fault in it.

Upvote 0

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟174,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My analogy was in reference to reaping what you have sown..... the seed was the desire to force others to do what you are ok with doing simply because you are ok with it.
That does not describe the situation. I have a desire that people not do things that endanger me and those I love. Mixing with society unvaccinated does just that, and I am not OK with it.

The fruit reaped would be yourself being forced to do that which you would not like.....because of the wishes/demands of another.
If the wishes/demands of another are well-founded, I deserve to have my freedom to harm them restricted.

If we are to switch to "poisonous fumes", it would only work if one knew that they were sick, and knowingly went out in public around others.
No, it would be true even if you did not know you were sick. I might not know that the fumes I am emitting are poisonous. But I should still be prevented from doing so.

But clearly this is not relevant here......as this can be perpetrated by the vaccinated and the unvaccinated alike.
It is relevant because the unvaccinated are about ten times more likely to spread covid than the vaccinated.

If you want to enter this conversation, please make it relevant to the point at hand....namely, the desire to force another to do something against their will because you believe it is the right thing to do.
I know this was not the point of the thread, but it was the point of the conversation in the post you replied to.
The point of the post I replied to was based on a false premise. I am just pointing out that the premise was false.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That does not describe the situation. I have a desire that people not do things that endanger me and those I love. Mixing with society unvaccinated does just that, and I am not OK with it.

Like I told the other Atheist I was sharing wisdom with, I understand why you feel this way, and if i were you, I'd feel the same way, for you have no other alternative but to rely on the works of men around you for your health and protection. And I find no fault in it.

If the wishes/demands of another are well-founded, I deserve to have my freedom to harm them restricted.
Yes, and when others deem their wishes/demands are well founded, they will be able to restrict your freedom, whether or not you agree with them. I find no fault in any seeds you wish to plant....as long as you are ok with the fruit they will eventually bear. And even if you dont like the fruit years down the line, you will still have no choice but the reap them.

No, it would be true even if you did not know you were sick. I might not know that the fumes I am emitting are poisonous. But I should still be prevented from doing so.
I would agree, only if they ignored social distancing and mask regulations. Those are two simple things that one can do to avoid getting jabbed.....I find it a fair compromise. I believe one who wishes to avoid both and gets another sick....had no good intentions.

It is relevant because the unvaccinated are about ten times more likely to spread covid than the vaccinated.
You have to re-read the news....Those who get sick while vaccinated carry the same amount of virus as those who are unvaccinated.... I believe this is why you will need to get a booster only 8 months after you got your second shot. I also believe the relaxing of the masks and distancing among the vaccinated(before we were aware of equal transmission rates) helped the recent surge.... which could be why they started saying the vaxed needed to start wearing them again.

The point of the post I replied to was based on a false premise. I am just pointing out that the premise was false.

You must first understand the premise before you can say it is false. Sure it is cool to say that I am wrong simply because you believe me to be opposition.....it could get you some likes too....but this is not a way to correctly reason together.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Like I told the other Atheist I was sharing wisdom with

The poster you're responding to has a cross for an avatar and has their religion listed as Catholic. Why are you insinuating that they are an atheist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟174,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and when others deem their wishes/demands are well founded....
Just because some faction feels their objections are well-founded does not mean they will be able to force their will on the rest of society. This happens all the time in a society. Various factions feel their objections are well-founded while others feel they are not. That is what government is for (in the most general sense, as opposed to anarchy). It is to resolve conflicting views on matters that affect society. It is an imperfect way of resolving differences, but it is the best we have. What alternative is there? No society-wide agreements on anything?

, they will be able to restrict your freedom, whether or not you agree with them.
That is a risk we all agree to take by living in a society.

I would agree, only if they ignored social distancing and mask regulations. Those are two simple things that one can do to avoid getting jabbed.....I find it a fair compromise.
Indeed it is a fair compromise - if you add in regular testing. And in fact that very compromise is being offered by many businesses and schools to accommodate those who do not want to get the vaccine. However I think you will find that the same people who refuse to get vaccinated are also the people who oppose mask mandates.

You have to re-read the news....Those who get sick while vaccinated carry the same amount of virus as those who are unvaccinated....
That is true, but you are ten times more likely to get sick if you are unvaccinated.

I also believe the relaxing of the masks and distancing among the vaccinated(before we were aware of equal transmission rates) helped the recent surge.... which could be why they started saying the vaxed needed to start wearing them again.
I agree.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The poster you're responding to has a cross for an avatar and has their religion listed as Catholic. Why are you insinuating that they are an atheist?
I pay no mind to the marital status, good looks of the profile picture, religion or gender of the person behind the words I read. they are just words.

You just read that I was speaking to an atheist like he should believe in more than human power, and since repented.

It seems you are trying to stir up strife..... and why would that be? does the truth hurt?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you not understand the difference between complaining and stating facts? Do you really believe the society will be better when everyone gets a vaccine?
Stating facts, yes, fewer people will get sick and die if everyone was vaccinated. Not sure why this should come as a surprise to anyone.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ah, so you live in an autocratic top down autocracy. There are several of them: California, Michigan, Oregon come to mind.
Plus places like Texas and Florida, where the people at the top have prohibited local school board from making rules about their own school district.

Or more accurately, tried and failed. But it is the thought that counts for this discussion.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol well it started out good.. is it ok if I don't play the game and don't make it personal? Well to me its just text and what ever you say no offense.. your like me no body. It gets childish after a while... the personal attacks lol.. ok

So FDA do we truly know anything about that? Its not always a good thing. Yet many have been waiting for this so praise GOD for that. I've been walking this blue ball for 60 years now and .. FDA if you don't know you leave out anything about covid or the like. You will then read and read allot of facts and other things. So FDA today has not just POOF made the vaccine by any company better. We pray they get wisdom to make it better in JESUS name. Guilt trips by people I don't know never heard of.. same as me.. never bothers me. When that happens the chat went out the window.. just ok sure.. thanks your right.. later.

One would love to believe what they left has ..I can't they have been up and down all over the place. I just read 3 days ago on the BBC in bold black text "The vaccine will protect you from Delta". Do I really have to say anything else. We know the unvaccinated is not giving Covid to anyone if they don't have it. We know the vaccinated can get Covid and then give it to the unvaccinated and the vaccinated. I see it around us here. FDA lol.. not going to stop anything...yet.

Jesus is real.. heals.. does everything. Faith can work both ways. flu covid you name it JESUS is the answer. the only one. 60 now.. psa 91 Isa 53 5 1st Peter 2 24.. lay hands on the sick they shall recover. Look around put your faith in that or in what HE said. Something I have done all my life. He always keeps His word. This is whats in me.. COVID.. I say JESUS! Doubt I see faith. Fear.. I see peace. What we say think believe. We will receive it. I don't confess hoping.. at first yes.. yet faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of GOD. Listen to man.. fear worry doubt comes. Listen to GOD just faith. This is all easy.. like some here that only share parts of the truth. See be it a tooth or ringing in my ears.. pills for the dying tooth. I did this.. not the enemy. All sickness is from the enemy never of God. Yet.. not everything that happens to us is the DEVIL! Tooth I did it.. ears? Constructing finish work you name it.. I did it./

See believing flu or covid or the like... nothing.. I KNOW. Yet where is my faith in a TINY TOOTH! Gone.. doubt oh man.. I can tell you stories and proof from the Doctors.. that moment.. all faith no doubt in all that wow so much pain.. yet healed. A tooth? Doubt haha..ears? Really? Doubt. Doubt will aways stop God.This is the whole story.. not GOD HEALS.. I can't remember that last time I got sick..even when my wife and kids a few times were. Yet I was not. Didn't just say that TRUTH and leave it there. Put your faith in GOD.. you don't have any problems! Don't look at others to judge whats true or not.. use HIS WORD! Work your faith.. start in small things.. JESUS IS REAL and is with you.. for you not against you. I only share what I KNOW not hope.. this is whats in me.. I hear read about COVID.. JESUS is the only answer.. HE will give them wisdom to make a good vaccine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I pay no mind to the marital status, good looks of the profile picture, religion or gender of the person behind the words I read. they are just words.
Bending other people’s realities to one’s will, will only get one so far.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,693.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There are people to refuse to take every one of the vaccines you mentioned.......for personal and medical reasons. Are you saying that society is worse because of them?

Yes.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,693.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, so you live in an autocratic top down autocracy.

Whut? Apart from all the redundancy in that one sentence, backwards you have it. People would avoid the business. He'd go bust. So it's a democratic democracy. Not an autocratic autocracy (the whirring noise you hear is old Chalky Evans, my old English Language teacher, spinning in his grave).

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
yeah I guess we have a loop hole as well....we can stop working, stop feeding our families...stop buying other needed medications... So I guess we have it just as bad as you guys who wish to not wear clothes in public....great comparison.

You knew what you were getting into when you entered the Rat Race.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Stating facts, yes, fewer people will get sick and die if everyone was vaccinated. Not sure why this should come as a surprise to anyone.

...or as a bad thing.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0