Pfizer vaccine receives FDA approval.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Completely inapposite comparison.

In your opinion.

Now, if we invent some criteria here, we can make it a decent analogy, but it requires invention. What you say does not stand alone.

Let's see what you can invent.

Let's say, for example, that your lifeguard has lifeguard credentials of some kind but has never actually seen a shark or saved anyone. But he's read all about it so he is considered an Expert (TM). And let's say, for argument's sake, that sharks are wired not to bite a previously bitten person, and that 25% of the people in the water have already been bitten by a shark, which confers immunity. Now you've got an analogy.

Well, that's certainly a creative invention... a pity it has no bearing whatsoever on reality.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟459,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In your opinion.

Let's see what you can invent.

Well, that's certainly a creative invention... a pity it has no bearing whatsoever on reality.
So you cannot support anything you have said. You just say it and others are supposed to accept your assertion uncritically. Sorry.

Your analogy does not work. So do better.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does this mean I loose the 5G now?
No, it means that 5G will no longer be considered fast, since everyone will now have it.

But 6G will come later and we all will be forced to get that one as well.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So you cannot support anything you have said. You just say it and others are supposed to accept your assertion uncritically. Sorry.

Your analogy does not work. So do better.

Actually, it's your own assertion that's based on pure fantasy -- so much so you had to create an entire fantasy scenario in order to give it the (unconvincing) illusion of credibility.

Your analogy does not work. It would be difficult for you not to do better.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟902,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
All independently wealthy people indeed have the option to decide to leave a job at will or upon force. The rest...no. Not if they want to eat and feed their families.
Except that employment at will ( generally any employment for which there is no contract pretty much is either side can end the agreement for most any reason ( except those that would be a civil rights violation or for no reason at all.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
All independently wealthy people indeed have the option to decide to leave a job at will or upon force. The rest...no. Not if they want to eat and feed their families.

Well, whose fault is it that they're not independently wealthy?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Personally, I am happy that the Pfizer vaccine has received official FDA approval. Maybe now more people will be willing to get vaccinated. I just wonder when the other vaccines will receive FDA approval. That said, I am fully vaccinated and I received my last dose of the Pfizer vaccine on April 27. I'm very high risk for covid-19 and at first, I was skeptical about the vaccine but I changed my mind and decided to get vaccinated in part to protect other members of my family who are at higher risk than I but also in part to protect other people I don't even know and myself.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe now more people will be willing to get vaccinated. I just wonder when the other vaccines will receive FDA approval.
There's a set period of time before full approval. So it'd be Moderna in about a month, J&J a month after that.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a set period of time before full approval. So it'd be Moderna in about a month, J&J a month after that.
I read that Moderna just submitted the paperwork.....Have you heard that J&J was about to, or have done the same?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Oh alright. Have they already submitted that which is necessary for approval then?

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, not everyone.....Those who are retired have more of a choice.... And yes, those who decided to go into the medical field or help elders or disabled, will have no choice but take it, no matter how they feel about it.

Right, and sadly, I know EMTs and other health care personally that refuse to get it. Well, they won't have a choice now.

Personally, these types don't belong in such a line of work.

• Winner
Reactions: juanwood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟257,442.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I don't know what people are like around where you live. But people in these parts are queing to get a jab. And if a business stuck a card in their window saying 'Not vaccinated now, not vaccinated ever' then pretty soon there'd be another sign stuck over the first saying 'Property for lease'.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No store, and no one who is not a medical provider that I am seeking medical care through, has any business knowing my medical history.
I think we should have the right to only be around vaccinated people. Every business needs to try to protect us.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i dont think covid vaccination should be mandatory anywhere.
people should be able to say either yes or no to having it, and have no repurcussions for their choice either way.

Even hospital workers, nurses, EMTs, doctors?

Upvote 0