Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This Bernie supporter will gladly support any other Dem nominee who, like Bernie, takes no influence from big-money corporate donors. In regards to Pete, he takes that kind of money and is influenced by them, so he would never get my vote.

Oh, and especially if it comes to light that the Dem establishment is cheating Bernie again, then I certainly won't support whomever they select.
So you would rather be right and let Trump win?

Power is taken by electoral victory, and that power can change history.

Or you can continue to enable Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So you would rather be right and let Trump win?

Power is taken by electoral victory, and that power can change history.

Or you can continue to enable Trump.
It's my job to vote for the person I think is best for the job. It's not my job to play games and strategize for one party or another.

If the Democrats put in a candidate that I think is the best choice on the ballot then that candidate gets my vote - it's just that simple. If any other party does, then that person gets my vote. I don't know who will win and neither do you, so how can you tell me that my vote will change electoral history or let Trump win?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We each are responsible for our actions and the likely consequences.

Yes, it's simple. You enable Trump if you cast a third-party vote, and, yes, it is your responsibility for doing that.
Well if you enable Trump by supporting a non-viable candidate (like Hillary in the last election) it's your responsbility for doing that. Last time it was the entire Democratic party's and voting base who was responsible for Trump and this time it will be again if it happens again.

Why not direct your displeasure at the culprit instead of individual voters? You like to wag your finger at people with no power or money instead of the people with all the power and money.

I don't see how Hillary or one of her clones is better than Trump - they are just as conservative or even more so (especially in war); the only differences are that they are pro-abortion and -gay marriage and that they lie about being progressive. How does that help anything (except for gays and people who support abortions)? It doesn't. We got Obama in there, I voted twice forhim, and he did nothing liberal or progressive. The most liberal thing he did was the ACA which had few teeth and it was built in that it would lose almost all of those few teeth. We don't need another Obama, we don't need a Hillary (who would be worse than Obama) and we don't need Mayo Pete who is a Hillary clone.

So, let the Democratic Party select their candidate and then the voters will make their decisions. I'm happy with my choices. I hope the Democrats and those who vote for a corporate shill recognize their responsibility for having Trump last time and will do so this time should it go that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pete is *insanely* popular here, as is Bernie. Ultimately, because of NH’s choose-your-ballot system (which is why our undecided numbers are so high) it is notoriously hard to know who is coming out ahead in NH until after polls close. The NH undeclared voter is basically it’s own category and impossible to quantify. That’s why every pollster is pounding down my door this week... Both my husband and I are undeclared and we are being inundated with people who want to know how we will be voting. My husband is going for the Democrat ballot and probably Pete (first time he hasn’t chosen Republican ballot in a primary), I’m going Democrat but undecided who at the moment.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally speaking as a registered Independent, I'll vote either Democratic or Third Party in the next presidential election because I won't vote for Trump or for any Republican who supports him. I voted Third Party in the last election because I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump or Clinton. In fact, it was the first time I had ever voted for a Third Party candidate in the general presidential election.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pete is *insanely* popular here, as is Bernie. Ultimately, because of NH’s choose-your-ballot system (which is why our undecided numbers are so high) it is notoriously hard to know who is coming out ahead in NH until after polls close. The NH undeclared voter is basically it’s own category and impossible to quantify. That’s why every pollster is pounding down my door this week... Both my husband and I are undeclared and we are being inundated with people who want to know how we will be voting. My husband is going for the Democrat ballot and probably Pete (first time he hasn’t chosen Republican ballot in a primary), I’m going Democrat but undecided who at the moment.
Thanks for the insider NH info. Yes my observation going back to the 1980 election is NH voters are very independent.

Mayor Pete was able to campaign a lot in NH while the senators running were sitting listening to lawyers for almost three weeks.

Someone independent minded like Yang might do well in NH.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the insider NH info. Yes my observation going back to the 1980 election is NH voters are very independent.

Mayor Pete was able to campaign a lot in NH while the senators running were sitting listening to lawyers for almost three weeks.

Someone independent minded like Yang might do well in NH.

Campaigning in NH did certainly help Pete, but I have to say that even if the sitting senators had made it to campaign, that wouldn’t have changed much for our voters. Warren and Sanders are closely tied to neighboring states (Sanders may as well be an honorary NH politician he’s here so much) and we all knew a lot about them and have seen their politics in action.

Yang will be interesting... He pushed hard here, but Pete was here early and often. I’m in a town you’ve never heard of and I’ve had more chances to see Pete speak in my town than I’ve had chances to speak to my mother. He has been here doing town halls, what, maybe four or five times. That’s not counting his stopping at the bigger towns which are nearby. If you told me Pete was within a 10 mile radius of my house 15 times doing campaign speeches and town halls, I’d believe it. The first time towards the start of the campaign was “aw shucks, I hate that he was so close and I missed him!” but now in the with only 72 hours before the primary, hearing he’s nearby is something of a given. It’s “where is he?” as opposed to “is he coming?”

I can’t say that Warren has been to my town, I think Yang has maybe, Biden hasn’t that I know of, Bernie hasn’t formally that I know of but that means very little because he’s a constant presence here (he shops here, trick-or-treats here, I was at work and he blew through picking up a housewarming gift and a snack). Reps for all of the candidates have been by at least twice, including the hapless Republican guy who got my husband instead of me. I’m courteous (campaigning in winter in NH sucks), thank them for their time, thank them for their service, but say I’m going blue this time. My husband? Not so much.

Upvote 0