U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
once applied for a job & there was a several pages long personality test with application
when they called me up to hire me, they said I scored highest & was the first to be offered job

taking tests for fun over the years paid off, lol

also, after college, I landed a good paying gov't job which first required testing & only those with high scores were called in for an interview

like it or not tests are used for hiring in many cases

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
once applied for a job & there was a several pages long personality test with application
when they called me up to hire me, they said I scored highest & was the first to be offered job

taking tests for fun over the years paid off, lol

also, after college, I landed a good paying gov't job which first required testing & only those with high scores were called in for an interview

like it or not tests are used for hiring in many cases

That's awesome, mama2one.

• Friendly
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So for fun. For what it’s worth.
ProtagonistPersonality
ENFJ-A / ENFJ-T

So now, since its questionable that the Myers-Briggs test has full validity, would you want to tell us if you feel the findings here in your case are accurate? Are you a Protagonist Personality, Michie? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So now, since its questionable that the Myers-Briggs test has full validity, would you want to tell us if you feel the findings here in your case are accurate? Are you a Protagonist Personality, Michie? :rolleyes:
Absolutely not. Everybody has different aspect to their personalities in common with other personalities and we all evolve over time. These test have very little validity to them. The thread I linked here shows that. I think it’s hogwash along with astrology and other pop psychology stuff. So no, I’m not a Protagonist personality. I’m an individual with my own personality where certain aspects of it can come out depending on the situation. I’m not boxed in by that nonsense.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely not. Everybody has different aspect to their personalities in common with other personalities and we all evolve over time. These test have very little validity to them. The thread I linked here shows that. I think it’s hogwash along with astrology and other pop psychology stuff. So no, I’m not a Protagonist personality. I’m an individual with my own personality where certain aspects of it can come out depending on the situation. I’m not boxed in by that nonsense.

That's good to hear. Boxes are definitely confining, and I agree with you that any one person's personality goes beyond what a mere test can in fact distill through its claimed methodology. It would be best for folks to gain a sufficient understanding as to what constitutes validity for a scientific test or study and that something like the Myers-Briggs test is really just something to use for entertainment.

In my case, even though I've taken the test several times and have generally come out with the INTJ result most of those times, I've fortunately understood all along that it doesn't tell me (or anyone else) anything other than what preferences I've indicated on it, which are characteristics that I usually already knew I had.

And as for much of the rest of pop psychology, I also agree that it can be thrown into file 13 and promptly rushed out to the curb for immediate pick up. So, it sounds like we're on a similar page. ;)

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't really put much stock in tests like these.. although the few times I've taken it I've always gotten ENTP I believe.

Honestly I have no idea what those results really mean.. lol.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's good to hear. Boxes are definitely confining, and I agree with you that any one person's personality goes beyond what a mere test can in fact distill through its claimed methodology. It would be best for folks to gain a sufficient understanding as to what constitutes validity for a scientific test or study and that something like the Myers-Briggs test is really just something to use for entertainment.

In my case, even though I've taken the test several times and have generally come out with the INTJ result most of those times, I've fortunately understood all along that it doesn't tell me (or anyone else) anything other than what preferences I've indicated on it, which are characteristics that I usually already knew I had.

And as for much of the rest of pop psychology, I also agree that it can be thrown into file 13 and promptly rushed out to the curb for immediate pick up. So, it sounds like we're on a similar page. ;)
Yes we are. Although it has not won me friends here amongst the pop psychology crowd, I feel better being honest about these things. I’m certainly not going to encourage the veneration of these silly exercises. It is just for entertainment and researching into these tests and the history of them shows how ridiculous they are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't really put much stock in tests like these.. although the few times I've taken it I've always gotten ENTP I believe.

Honestly I have no idea what those results really mean.. lol.
They mean nothing on any serious level.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They mean nothing on any serious level.

Yeah, I think they just appeal to make people feel special or something.

Unless some of their results are like.. your personality type tends to have the professions of "ditch digger" and "road kill cleanup guy". Lol.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes we are. Although it has not won me friends here amongst the pop psychology crowd, I feel better being honest about these things. I’m certainly not going to encourage the veneration of these silly exercises. It is just for entertainment and researching into these tests and the history of them shows how ridiculous they are.

Sure, I hear you. I have some of the same feelings about it all, much of which was impressed upon me in my education.

But I didn't know there's a pop psychology crowd here? Really?

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure, I hear you. I have some of the same feelings about it all, much of which was impressed upon me in my education.

But I didn't know there's a pop psychology crowd here? Really?
I’m not speaking of specifically (here) but yeah, I think so. No offense, whatever gets them through. But I’m not going to encourage something that has been pretty much proven to be just entertainment amongst other things. It would be like me totally encouraging my niece to take that quiz she saw in Teen Vogue seriously.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I think they just appeal to make people feel special or something.

Unless some of their results are like.. your personality type tends to have the professions of "ditch digger" and "road kill cleanup guy". Lol.

That’s not happening. That’s the key. Everything is complimentary and makes people feel separated from the herd. The problem is, the herd has common personality traits. Some stronger than others depending on their circumstances. I suppose if you really wanted to be super special and separate from the herd of humanity, you could become a serial killer or something. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s not happening. That’s the key. Everything is complimentary and makes people feel separated from the herd. The problem is, the herd has common personality traits. Some stronger than others depending on their circumstances. I suppose if you really wanted to be super special and separate from the herd of humanity, you could become a serial killer or something. ;)

Yeah, and many of them are probably not as different personality wise as we'd like to think.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, and many of them are probably not as different personality wise as we'd like to think.
They aren’t. It just depends on their personal desires, etc. I have no desire to segregate people by what they scored on these silly quizzes.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟665,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that this quizzes are mostly for entertainment value. However, at a place I worked they had "trained" professionals come in and give us the Myers Brigg Test. (Only registered counselors could administer the test.) and then we all had to go around with labels saying what our results were. So unfortunately some people and state agencies, think they are very valuable and will use them to group people into types.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that this quizzes are mostly for entertainment value. However, at a place I worked they had "trained" professionals come in and give us the Myers Brigg Test. (Only registered counselors could administer the test.) and then we all had to go around with labels saying what our results were. So unfortunately some people and state agencies, think they are very valuable and will use them to group people into types.
Yes. Unfortunately it is another form of patent medicine. People tend to think if the workplace used it, it must be true. Businesses follow fads that are unproven just like anyone else. Think about those male oriented gatherings at retreats to find one’s inner spirit animal. Lol!

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟665,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Think about those male oriented gatherings at retreats to fine one’s inner animal. Lol!
Male oriented? Inner Animal? Where can I sign up? Of course I think my hidden animal is a cute little kitten, hear me roar...:catface:

• Haha
Upvote 0