Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Quoting you is putting words in your mouth, huh?

Well it's kinda like when you quote the bible and put words in God's mouth . you were intepreting my words . and i was providing you with the correct interpretation of them .

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay so I am not allowed to be offended when someone tells me a friend of mine deserved the beating he got for being a Christian, and I get compared to the Pharisees. Wow. That seems right.
That's religion for ya..........

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary
JESUS AND PAUL VS THE JUDEAN RULERS

2Cr 11:
24 From the Jews five times I received forty [stripes] minus one.
25 Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep;

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
so i'm gonna sleep . i'm glad at the very least this brought out something very important .

i believe the peter saying "cast your cares on him for he cares for you" applies . that deep hurt you've been talking with this whole time . God can heal that . whenever you're ready to deal .

good night .

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
If persecution comes .. i don't think it will be because people were proclaiming the gospel . but acting in a manner deserving of persecution regardless of religious protection laws .

i.e. the persecution complex that is common in western christians is unfounded as there is no real persecution like the beginning faith .

Michael,

You need to read the real Bible. You were told that whoever would live godly in Christ Jesus would be persecuted, period (2 Tim. 3:12). This goes back to my discussion with you on the other thread, where I noted that there is a natural confrontation between those who obey God's commands and those who do not and there is nothing that can be done to stop that.

could you post articles qualifying it was religiously motivated? we can't assume just because they were Christians that this is the case . but i'm talking about needing to hide because the government opposes your religion to the point of execution for non-compliance . that isn't happening in the US .

if the religious expression was not rooted in the main tenant that all the law and the prophets hang on .. then it doesn't really count as the 2nd Peter passage that was quoted earlier illustrates . if you're beaten up for being a jerk . it doesn't count as persecution

And what exactly do you count as "being a jerk?" Preaching the REAL Bible? Quoting exactly what it says? Or should we not do that because someone might get "offended?"

I do not really approve of street corner preaching, but one of the reasons I do not approve is because people nowadays are just too downright mean-spirited to take the risk to go and street corner preach.

My understanding of god is more love centred as the bible defines it .

the law oriented versions of the religion have been having a hard time of it it seems .

You can only define love through action, not as some abstract definition. Does the God of the Torah and the God of the book of Revelation line up with your definition of "love?"

Persecution that comes because of people spreading hate in the name of Jesus saying absurd things .. has nothing to do with being persecuted for the gospel . but .. it may cause people outside the faith to lump us all into the same category as say .. Westboro Baptist Church .

Also .. saying you're being persecuted because people are disagreeing with you in a public forum and asserting a not biblical opinion even as law as the consensus of the people has decided .. is not persecution .

There is a major problem here, and the problem is that "hate" is being redefined to include various passages in Scripture that people don't like. Same with "saying absurd things." As far as lumping everybody in the category of Westboro Baptist Church, haven't you ever read that "then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you, and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake" - Mt. 24? Why do you suppose that that is?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Michael,

You need to read the real Bible. You were told that whoever would live godly in Christ Jesus would be persecuted, period (2 Tim. 3:12). This goes back to my discussion with you on the other thread, where I noted that there is a natural confrontation between those who obey God's commands and those who do not and there is nothing that can be done to stop that.

And what exactly do you count as "being a jerk?" Preaching the REAL Bible? Quoting exactly what it says? Or should we not do that because someone might get "offended?"

I do not really approve of street corner preaching, but one of the reasons I do not approve is because people nowadays are just too downright mean-spirited to take the risk to go and street corner preach.

You can only define love through action, not as some abstract definition. Does the God of the Torah and the God of the book of Revelation line up with your definition of "love?"

There is a major problem here, and the problem is that "hate" is being redefined to include various passages in Scripture that people don't like. Same with "saying absurd things." As far as lumping everybody in the category of Westboro Baptist Church, haven't you ever read that "then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you, and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake" - Mt. 24? Why do you suppose that that is?

you're under the law . so that's probably why i disagree with you .

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Achilles6129
Michael,

you're under the law . so that's probably why i disagree with you .
Can a Christian in Jesus be under both Law and Grace? :confused:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7546634-100/#post57064287
Are you under THE law, Grace or both

Originally Posted by cyberlizard
The law was always contingent on both faith(fulness) and grace. The purpose of the sacrificial system itself served as a reminder to Israel of the binding of Isaac, and when the people sinned, it was not the sacrifice they looked to to help them out of the gutter, but the covenant God had made with their forefathers (I will not bother citing chapter and verse as if people are that interested they can simply read the Torah for themselves, which is explicit in these regards).

As for me, I was born a Gentile. I was never directly under the 10 or most of the other 603, that said, Jesus was quite radical (and he is the principal teacher of what I believe) and he said 'teaching them (the gentiles) to obey all I have commanded you' which was the principal two (which do not negate the rest).

Saved by grace, walking in faithfulness, obedient through love and desire not to be sinful, empowered by the Spirit who has written God's teaching on my heart.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0