Married
"...Love your enemies, do
good to those who hate you,
bless those who curse you, pray
for those who abuse you."
~ Luke 6:27-28 ESV

PAKISTAN: Church Attacked During Prayer Service​

Source: Pak Christian News​

Young people raising their hands in worship.

A worship service in Pakistan.
Photo: VOMC

Members of the Lala Zarr Church in Peshawar had gathered for a prayer service on the evening of August 3rd when a group of angry men from the neighbourhood suddenly rushed into their place of worship. Initially, the men demanded that the volume of the sound system be reduced. However, shortly after the disruption, several other armed men stormed into the church building that evening, causing panic among the congregation.
The armed men fired several shots inside the building, causing damage but fortunately not hitting anyone. They then vandalized the facility and dragged Pastor Zulfiqar outside, where they assaulted him with the butts of their guns. Due to the attack, the pastor suffered injuries to his head and one of his eyes.
In response to this violence, the National Commission for Human Rights in Peshawar condemned the attack, emphasizing that such incidents are an affront to the core principles of human rights and freedom of religion. As a result, human rights advocates are calling upon the government to ensure that minority communities are safe and that those responsible for the violence are brought to justice. For other reports on incidents of persecution against Pakistan's Christians, go to our country report.
Pray that the perpetrators of this violent incident will be brought to justice and that necessary protections would be provided to the leaders and congregants of Lala Zarr Church, as well as all other believers who are at risk in various areas of the country. May our Christian brothers and sisters in Pakistan receive ongoing wisdom, guidance and peace as they minister to neighbours in their communities who have yet to understand and accept God's wonderful gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.

KYRGYZSTAN: Fines for "Missionary Activities"​

Source: Forum18​

Outline map of Kyrgyzstan, the country's flag, and a faded view of scales.

In multiple incidents that took place during late March, Christians from registered churches in Kyrgyzstan were issued fines for conducting "illegal missionary activities." News of the raids had not been released until recently due to fear of reprisals.
On March 26th, the State Commission for Religious Affairs (SCRA), along with several police officers, raided the St. Nicholas Catholic Church in Talas. People leaving the evening mass were forced back into the building by armed officers. The congregants were ordered to remain in the building until two nuns signed a confession stating that they were "spreading their ideology" and thus guilty of practising "illegal missionary activities." The two women each received a fine equivalent to an average of two weeks' wages.
Around the same date that the Catholic church was being raided, state officials also invaded a Protestant church, despite the fact that the place of worship is officially registered with the government. During the raid, two foreign believers were issued fines. For security reasons, no further details about this incident are available.
The Catholic church has since appealed the sentence, but without effect. The SCRA has warned the Catholic administration overseeing congregations in the country that any further "violations" could result in the liquidation of the organization's national administration. Government agencies have refused to give any explanation for their actions and threats. For more details on the difficulties facing Christians in Kyrgyzstan, go to our country report.
Pray that the government's opposition against both churches will cease, allowing followers of Jesus to continue worshipping without fear of further repercussions from the authorities. May God especially grant peace, comfort and encouragement to each of the four believers who are presently facing charges, also providing the funds they need to pay the fines levied against them. Additionally, pray that the Lord will work mightily within the hearts and minds of those who are opposing the various churches throughout Kyrgyzstan, leading each one to repentance and salvation in Christ.

REPORT UPDATE​

CHINA: Church Leaders’ Trial Set for August 21st​

Source: ChinaAid​

Yang Rongli standing beside a sign.

Yang Rongli
Photo: ChinaAid​

In August 2021, 12 church leaders from the Golden Lampstand Church in Linfen, Shanxi, were arrested – including Pastor Wang Xiaoguang and his wife, Yang Rongli. The government accused the Christians of fraud because the church was collecting money in the form of tithes and offerings to support the ministry.
The authorities attempted to coerce the ten church members to turn against the pastor and his wife in exchange for being released on bail. Some firmly refused; others initially agreed but then later refused, and a few chose to cooperate with the police in the face of the mounting pressures against them. The church members who were released on bail will be represented by lawyers appointed by the government. Those who refused to cooperate have remained in prison for the past two years while awaiting trial.
The church has been notified that the case will be heard on August 21st at the Yaodu District People's Court in Linfen. Prior to this situation, Pastor Wang and his wife previously served time in prison because of their ministry activities. In 2009, they were arrested for "gathering a mob to disturb public order" after organizing a prayer rally (read more). For that conviction, Pastor Wang served four years and Yang seven years in prison. There are concerns that the sentencing for the new charges may be more severe.
Please pray for the upcoming trial, asking that there would be a favourable outcome for these accused Christian leaders, many of whom have patiently endured imprisonment for the past couple of years on false charges. May God minister His perfect peace to their hearts and minds, while providing them wisdom, protection, and the spiritual fortitude they need to stand firm in the midst of ongoing pressure. Also prayerfully uphold all the other members of this persecuted church, who have faced so many trials over the years, praying that these faithful followers of Jesus will likewise be empowered by the Holy Spirit so they can continue leading lives of resilient faith.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,476.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I do not have the time to read through all of the print above. Perhaps you could abbreviate, and maybe put a link for those who have more leisurely time to read through such things.

I will pray. But I’m sorry, I can’t read through all that print. But I do trust that the Lord will know that I have the basic idea.

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I do not have the time to read through all of the print above. Perhaps you could abbreviate, and maybe put a link for those who have more leisurely time to read through such things.

I will pray. But I’m sorry, I can’t read through all that print. But I do trust that the Lord will know that I have the basic idea.
The Lord knows what's on your heart before you open your mouth ^_^. Matthew 6:8

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Christian Churches being vandalized during services. Pastors being bullied and beaten and arrested.
[In Pakistan]
Sums it up. Persecution.

Upvote 0