Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would encourage you to watch the video. He ruled that out.
Not really. Another explanation is that the galvanic reaction rate is a function of temperature, and by raising the temperature he brought the current up so that it was detectable with his meter.

Normally I would write this off as crazy kookalookaness
There's no reason to make an exception in this case.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not really. Another explanation is that the galvanic reaction rate is a function of temperature, and by raising the temperature he brought the current up so that it was detectable with his meter.

I thought of that possibility. So did the producer of the video. His use of carbon rods, removes that factor from the equation.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
...and micro-volts add up, Have you heard of a Van de Graaff generator?
Or in this case a variation of a Kelvin Water Dropper.
375px-Schematic_diagram_of_a_Kelvin_Water_Dropper_electrostatic_generator.svg.png

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Can you then explain how the one using like carbon rods works?
If they are truly only carbon then no, but perhaps there is some purposeful contamination going on. I'm not saying that the guy is a fraud but I've seen many of similar gizmos that were indeed frauds using some sort of trickery or lies to dupe people for financial gain.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Who says they're 'like carbon rods'? He presents no evidence of their composition .. in fact he mentions clay and wax in the manufacturing process and then says they can be extracted from existing batteries, (I think?), which contain electrolytes. The rods could well be contaminated for all we know!

The patent reads like gobbledygook to me. That dude seems to think 'a load circuit' generates current!? (ETA: I misread the layout of the patent application. However, he refers to 'a stream of water supplied by a household water faucet, the water having sufficient impurities to render it conductive'.)

Gee .. micro-amps can be generated by static electricity for goodness sake!
You could probably get more power from the water pressure than any chemical reaction regardless of trickery.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Who says they're 'like carbon rods'? He presents no evidence of their composition .. in fact he mentions clay and wax in the manufacturing process and then says they can be extracted from existing batteries, (I think?), which contain electrolytes. The rods could well be contaminated for all we know!

You do realize that electrolytes are conductive; right?

Gee .. micro-amps can be generated by static electricity for goodness sake!

You do realize that in order for a potential difference to develop between two bodies, that those bodies must be insulated from each other; right?

Do you believe that conductors and insulators are one in the same?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Chemical reactions are not a function of temperature. Functions are constants, not variables. Heat can be a catalyst for a chemical reaction; but the same results were produced at room temperature, by adding motion to the electrodes.

Did you watch the video?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If they are truly only carbon then no, but perhaps there is some purposeful contamination going on. I'm not saying that the guy is a fraud but I've seen many of similar gizmos that were indeed frauds using some sort of trickery or lies to dupe people for financial gain.

I've seen lots of frauds too. This guy seems credible. Aside from that, he's working off of a patent. In order to get a patent; one needs a working model.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I've seen lots of frauds too. This guy seems credible. Aside from that, he's working off of a patent. In order to get a patent; one needs a working model.
As someone that has taken Engineering Chemistry and Engineering Physics in College you cannot get energy from something that doesn't give any out. If the water doesn't lose either electrical or potential energy (movement) and there is nothing in the water contaminating it then likely if there is energy you can trace the source of it.
It is like the con job awhile back where people were taking water in a car and using electricity to break it down into hydrogen and oxygen molecules and burning them to get power. I've argued with fools that couldn't believe that when you burn something the state of energy drops in the molecules and to get them back to that higher state of energy (H2O back to 2H2 + O2) requires an input of energy at least the same as what was released when combusting it. Water itself requires power to change it to where it is combustible and it itsn't a good medium alone for a battery in fact pure water is essentially an insulator it is the impurities in it that allows it to conduct electricity.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You could probably get more power from the water pressure than any chemical reaction regardless of trickery.

We don't know that to be the case. One early primitive PN junction was a length of copper that was clean on one half, and corroded on the other. Semiconductor technology sat idle as vacuum tube technology reigned. The NASA had weight considerations for the space race. The semiconductor was developed; and the technology all but replaced the vacuum tube.

I'm sure that the guy who discovered the PN junction didn't even begin to dream that his discovery would lead to worldwide satellite communication.

That same technology lead to solar energy. That too was dismissed as practically useless until recently.

In my lifetime I've seen a dismissed technology bring tremendous change to the world; and I believe that we are still on the threshold to where that technology will unfold.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
We don't know that to be the case. One early primitive PN junction was a length of copper that was clean on one half, and corroded on the other. Semiconductor technology sat idle as vacuum tube technology reigned. The NASA had weight considerations for the space race. The semiconductor was developed; and the technology all but replaced the vacuum tube.

I'm sure that the guy who discovered the PN junction didn't even begin to dream that his discovery would lead to worldwide satellite communication.

That same technology lead to solar energy. That too was dismissed as practically useless until recently.

In my lifetime I've seen a dismissed technology bring tremendous change to the world; and I believe that we are still on the threshold to where that technology will unfold.
actually if you are talking microvolts/microamps likely water pressure is a huge amount more of potential energy. A standard battery discharges in the microamp range so power sources that small are almost useless if they aren't micromillimeter sized.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As someone that has taken Engineering Chemistry and Engineering Physics in College you cannot get energy from something that doesn't give any out. If the water doesn't lose either electrical or potential energy (movement) and there is nothing in the water contaminating it then likely if there is energy you can trace the source of it.

Getting to the source of it was the purpose of this thread.

In a video posted by another member, an intriguing hypothesis of that source was presented.

I've taken Engineering, Chemistry, and Physics courses too. I've also taken a course in Thermodynamics.

Those courses didn't help me to reach a conclusion about the cause of this phenomenon.

I was hoping that someone in this forum would present some ideas.

Fortunately I now have a hypothesis which can be tested.

This is going to be fun.

It is like the con job awhile back where people were taking water in a car and using electricity to break it down into hydrogen and oxygen molecules and burning them to get power. I've argued with fools that couldn't believe that when you burn something the state of energy drops in the molecules and to get them back to that higher state of energy (H2O back to 2H2 + O2) requires an input of energy at least the same as what was released when combusting it. Water itself requires power to change it to where it is combustible and it itsn't a good medium alone for a battery in fact pure water is essentially an insulator it is the impurities in it that allows it to conduct electricity.

I'm well aware of all of this. This doesn't provide an explanation for the matter at hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I'm well aware of all of this. This doesn't provide an explanation for the matter at hand.
I think that something not revealed is going on if this works, and that something may be cheating.
I don't trust a patent on something to make it fraud proof. If this tech is valid and cost effective we may see it in the future but I've seen dozens of claims of super batteries or this and that energy producing thing and none of them ever surfaced in normal production. I lean towards this "discovery" vanishing into thin air in time like most of them made.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
actually if you are talking microvolts/microamps likely water pressure is a huge amount more of potential energy. A standard battery discharges in the microamp range so power sources that small are almost useless if they aren't micromillimeter sized.

The ocean isn't under any known usable pressure; however, the moon, wind, and convection keep it moving.

Microvolt producing devices can be transformed, or daisychained, to yield working voltages.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I think that something not revealed is going on if this works, and that something may be cheating.
I don't trust a patent on something to make it fraud proof. If this tech is valid and cost effective we may see it in the future but I've seen dozens of claims of super batteries or this and that energy producing thing and none of them ever surfaced in normal production. I lean towards this "discovery" vanishing into thin air in time like most of them made.

Well when I have some free time; I'm going to build one. It's easy enough to build, and easy enough to test.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Chemical reactions are not a function of temperature. Functions are constants, not variables. Heat can be a catalyst for a chemical reaction; but the same results were produced at room temperature, by adding motion to the electrodes.

Did you watch the video?

Incorrect chemical reactions are most definitely a function of temperature.

In the chemical reaction nW + iX → cY + dZ where W and X are the reactants, Y and Z are the products; the reaction rate R is defined as;

R = k[W]ⁿ[X]
where [W] and [X] are the concentrations of W and X respectively and k is the rate constant.

The rate constant k is a function of temperature defined by the Arrhenius equation.

arrhenius-equation.jpg

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Incorrect chemical reactions are most definitely a function of temperature.

In the chemical reaction nW + iX → cY + dZ where W and X are the reactants, Y and Z are the products; the reaction rate R is defined as;

R = k[W]ⁿ[X]
where [W] and [X] are the concentrations of W and X respectively and k is the rate constant.

The rate constant k is a function of temperature defined by the Arrhenius equation.

arrhenius-equation.jpg

Interesting. I was thinking linearly. I need to stop that.

Reactions: sjastro
Upvote 0