Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
My gender has always been confusing for me
Most of the time am female but there are times when am both
I am Gender Queer ( Transexual) most of the time i wear slacks because that was am most comfortable in
I do wear dresses with trousers and some times i just wear trousers

none of my family knows apart from my husband
He says he loves me not matter what gender i am

Reactions: graciesings

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am Gender Queer ( Transexual) most of the time i wear slacks because that was am most comfortable in

:confused:..whats your point ?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
(I can post here right? I see many atheists posting here..)

That's cool.

Most of the time I feel neither gender, and sometimes a strange combination of the two.

Gender is a confusing topic for me, and I'm not sure what to make out of the feelings..

Upvote 0

Sayre

Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
✟18,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
(I can post here right? I see many atheists posting here..)

That's cool.

Most of the time I feel neither gender, and sometimes a strange combination of the two.

Gender is a confusing topic for me, and I'm not sure what to make out of the feelings..

Welcome to the liberal section MehGuy.

Gender is indeed a strange thing. I don't think we are a gender, I think we have a gender, and it doesn't completely define us. Some will say that our gender is fluid over time - other maintain a purely biological definition.

I must say I've never bothered to wander into this debate. Do you feel like it causes a struggle in your life?

God bless :)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to the liberal section MehGuy.

Gender is indeed a strange thing. I don't think we are a gender, I think we have a gender, and it doesn't completely define us. Some will say that our gender is fluid over time - other maintain a purely biological definition.

I must say I've never bothered to wander into this debate. Do you feel like it causes a struggle in your life?

God bless :)

No, I do not feel like it causes a struggle in my life. 99% of the time I don't feel like I have a gender. I have no problem having male pronouns used for me. Usually I just go by my biological sex.

Still, I can't help wondering about these male or female feelings. I also find it strange others report about always feeling male or female, it feels like I'm really missing out on something, lol. I'd be more apt to calling myself agender if I had more evidence of gender being really important to most people. So far I don't think this term would be useful and would only confuse people unnecessarily.

I won't complain too much though, I know others go through much more painful things when struggling with gender issues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God assigns gender as He assigns sexual function. Of course, in our fallen state we often rebel against God's ways. I do it all the time when I am in my flesh.

But if we are truly born again, we are a new creation. That means we don't live by the flesh, but by the Spirit.

You may not want to come to terms with how God views your perspective because it is contrary to His will and you feel like there's nothing you can do to change that.

But I want you to know God loves you so much He made a way for you to overcome this flesh and these ideas about gender that are contrary to His ways. He made His Holy Spirit available and if we go to Him on His terms, His way, we can see His power manifest over sinful, unbiblical ideas about how we should live.

The word "grace" is used multiple ways in the New Testament. Sometimes it means unmerited favor even when we are falling short of His standards. That means we can go to Father God's throne through Jesus' Spirit and be received to be washed clean of our sin.

Other times, Paul used the term "grace" to mean an enabling power to overcome anything, including sinful, unbiblical ways of living.

Jesus said, "You receive not because you ask not." All you need is to want to change your ideas about gender and trade them in for God's ways and He will grant you the power to walk in that understanding and not struggle with the kinds of thoughts you are having.

This will bring you into closer communion with Christ, and transform you more into His likeness, and bring a greater revelation of His love, His holiness, and His power to save and transform you.

I hope this blesses you and anyone else reading it. In Jesus' mighty name!

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i thought i should update this thread
i come out to my mother she is been very supportive surprisingly normally she would call this attention seeking or a phase but this time she
seems to understand
Also my biological father still to be told he away in Spain at the moment going to tell him as soon as i can
the rest of my family have been great about it
i have support from an lgbt health and wellbeing center they both support me and my husband
at the moment am dressing a lot more male like or in the middle
i still have long hair but i put it up and hide it under a hat
any way thats my update

Reactions: graciesings
Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God assigns gender as He assigns sexual function.

Actually, some studies have shown that people who are genetically men, but feel that they are women trapped in a man's body, have brains that more closely resemble typical genetic females than genetic males in some respects. So, there is potentially a strong biological basis for transsexualism. It is not an entirely psychological phenomena. It could be in some cases, but not all. Knowing that there is this physical difference in the structure of the brain for some people with this identification should lead people to think twice about telling people that God has assigned them a gender purely based on their genitalia or having XX or XY chromosome pairings. After all, if God made some people male on the outside but with physically more female brains, then he didn't make them as purely male, did he? We also know that some people are naturally born with both male and female sexual organs.

I only think there is something to be said for simply giving people the benefit of a doubt. No one wakes up one morning and decides that they want to switch genders or identify as somewhere in between or something. This is something that has probably caused people a lot of pain through their lives struggling with the identity that society has given them versus what they feel to be true inside (and which may even have some biological basis). It's their lives. They aren't hurting anyone. If this is what some people need to be happy, given that it doesn't hurt anyone, then I feel like we should be supportive of them, or at least non-judgmental.

Obviously, people should disclose this information to potential romantic partners before they get involved, in the interests of honesty and not inadvertently forcing someone into a relationship against his or her orientation, but apart from that, who are we to judge?

Moreover, I see nothing in the New Testament about this issue in particular. Am I missing a verse?

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
i thought i should update this thread
i come out to my mother she is been very supportive surprisingly normally she would call this attention seeking or a phase but this time she
seems to understand
Also my biological father still to be told he away in Spain at the moment going to tell him as soon as i can
the rest of my family have been great about it
i have support from an lgbt health and wellbeing center they both support me and my husband
at the moment am dressing a lot more male like or in the middle
i still have long hair but i put it up and hide it under a hat
any way thats my update

Good for you. I'm glad your family is being supportive, especially your husband, for whom this must have come as quite the shock.

How are you feeling? Is it like a burden has been lifted off you? Or are your still struggling?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
its feels good that i have came out but i have problems with my faith i was born Catholic am unsure how the church views transsexuals or gender issues
i feel i need to leave the Catholic church Am meant to be going to confession tomorrow and the mass but i go in as male as i dont want to disrespect the cathloic church and i dont feel comfortable going as female
my husband told me i dont need to go to confession ... but my OCD ( i have since been diagnosed with OCD )makes me feel like am sinning all the time
i want to look at other faith in Christianity that means i can praise Jesus and not feel like am a freak
be myself male , female or bi gendered
Than you for replying

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
its feels good that i have came out but i have problems with my faith i was born Catholic am unsure how the church views transsexuals or gender issues
i feel i need to leave the Catholic church Am meant to be going to confession tomorrow and the mass but i go in as male as i dont want to disrespect the cathloic church and i dont feel comfortable going as female
my husband told me i dont need to go to confession ... but my OCD ( i have since been diagnosed with OCD )makes me feel like am sinning all the time
i want to look at other faith in Christianity that means i can praise Jesus and not feel like am a freak
be myself male , female or bi gendered
Than you for replying

Thanks for the update. I hope you find peace. It would be nice if Roman Catholicism would accept you the way you are.

There are affirming Christian churches and communities that you might want to look at before giving up on Christianity as a whole, though. Some Episcopalian parishes are very welcoming to gays, lesbians, and transgender people, for example, and there are gay bishops in some dioceses and gay priests in some parishes (No transgendered bishops yet, probably some priests though I don't know that for a fact). The level of acceptance of this stuff varies widely from parish to parish and diocese to diocese, but maybe you could check out some of the websites for the ones in your area and see if you can get a feel for things, maybe go as a female the first time if you're not sure what the environment is like so you can scope it out without risking judgemental stares, etc..

I am not saying to give up on being Roman Catholic, it's just a matter of *if* you do, I hope you realize that you have alternatives other than leaving Christianity completely. There are a lot of churches and denominations you could look at which are open-minded on the subject of gender identity, or at least have select parishes or congregations that are.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i found a church in town that is for LGBT people the service is at 11am i cant travel on my own because of my mental health he has to come with me
he has to get up early tomorrow
looking forward to going today i was at a transgender drop in found out there is an Lgbt group at the church at the end of the month i have my nieces every two weeks
and i can make it that day as its the week we dont have them
Also there is a pride breakfast /pride march next month unsure if we can go as we have the girls its a family event but if the weather is bad or we dont have the money we cant go
Am unsure when my bio dad is back i email him last night hopefully he gets in touch

Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

A technical comment on your statement for the benefit of others...

Gender queer and transsexual are distinct and separate. One is not the other. They are not the same thing. They are both under the umbrella term of "transgender".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.