StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am dealing with this issue at work and since I have daily contact with this person I want to know as much as I can from as many perspectives as I can find. Last years I had never heard of gender identity or if I had, it didn't stick. But a when a student identifies as a different gender than how you've know him (now a her) for 3 years, you have to learn a lot fast. I love this student (as I do all my kiddos) and want to do right by him (her). It's still difficult to think of him as a her and I do have some concerns. But my most important job is to love and care for my kiddos and treat them with the dignity and respect they deserve. We are all human beings created in the image of God (in my view).

I LOVE a teachable spirit. So does my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i thought i should update this thread
i come out to my mother she is been very supportive surprisingly normally she would call this attention seeking or a phase but this time she
seems to understand
Also my biological father still to be told he away in Spain at the moment going to tell him as soon as i can
the rest of my family have been great about it
i have support from an lgbt health and wellbeing center they both support me and my husband
at the moment am dressing a lot more male like or in the middle
i still have long hair but i put it up and hide it under a hat
any way thats my update
Your gender is still female. We all have both male and female impulses...and sexual drive (or lack of it) doesn't mean a change of gender. It's a shame that people have been told that they are changing gender every time they select jeans instead of a dress or decide not to go out for the football team. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Birth defects are caused by the failure of the mother while carrying the child.
Too much stress can cause an embryo stress that can cause birth defects.
what else? You keep twisting. tsk. tsk.

I'd love to see a source that says backs this up.

This is a generation of sexual perversion.
Christians can live without sex, but, not without god.(real Christians, that is.}
Madera

Transgenderism has nothing to do with sex.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
EYgbC1W.gif

Thread has undergone a cleanup due to Statement Of Purpose violation so if your post is gone that is the reason or you quoted someone that did. I will remind everyone that if you aren't a member of this group in this forum you can't teach/debate in here. Please see the Whosoever Will, May Come - Statement of Purpose for more information.

gUUo2FS.gif

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Your gender is still female. We all have both male and female impulses...and sexual drive (or lack of it) doesn't mean a change of gender. It's a shame that people have been told that they are changing gender every time they select jeans instead of a dress or decide not to go out for the football team. :sigh:

I think I agree; I don't understand transgender at all. I don't mean I disapprove; just I do not understand.

I understand alienation; the description given of not belonging with one's apparent group earlier in the thread; I get that whoever I am with; men or women. I often find that I don't understand why they are as they are, and women seem to be worst; what is it about older women constantly talking in graphic detail about illness and death? And all talking at once. That all makes me feel physically ill and I have to make an excuse and disappear to wash up, or make tea. Men at least keep quiet, on the whole, the same as I do. Some men talk too much as well, and in the same graphic detail. There are few absolutes in distinguishing male from female behaviour, imo, so I am confused how anyone is certain that they are one or the other; surely we are all a bit of both? We all break the stereotype in some way or other; women who can read maps or park a car, men who can be sensitive and nurturing. Why not? Why would that affect who we are?

I am not really sure why how we are on the inside makes a difference to how we are on the outside. Why would how I feel in relation to other people change how I am? I don't understand. Why would alienation from those who are apparently like me (which I absolutely get) result in my wanting to alienate myself from how I have always been? Surely it is about them, not me? They can all change their genitalia; maybe they will shut up about disease and death then. Why should I change mine?

In theory I/anyone could go through the whole process; all the psychological tests, all the counselling, all the transition and even surgery. And then I would still sit in a room full of women and feel sick when they start to describe their latest trip to the doctor in every gory detail. The alienation would not change. The only change would be which public bathrooms I use.

So what is actually the point?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not really sure why how we are on the inside makes a difference to how we are on the outside.

Some things don't matter on the outside and some things do. I am not really sure what it feels like to not have body parts that shouldn't be there and their existence causes me extreme distress.

Why would how I feel in relation to other people change how I am?

It doesn't. Transition isn't about other people.

Why would alienation from those who are apparently like me (which I absolutely get) result in my wanting to alienate myself from how I have always been? Surely it is about them, not me?

It's not about alienation from a certain gender group that causes problems. Alienation from society in general does though.

Why should I change mine?

Who is saying you should change your genitalia?

So what is actually the point?

Comfort within your own skin.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Some things don't matter on the outside and some things do. I am not really sure what it feels like to not have body parts that shouldn't be there and their existence causes me extreme distress.

It doesn't. Transition isn't about other people.

It's not about alienation from a certain gender group that causes problems. Alienation from society in general does though.

Who is saying you should change your genitalia?

Comfort within your own skin.

Thank you for your responses. Clearly one has to experience this to understand it.

I understand alienation from pretty well everyone. I even understand a certain alienation from oneself. But punishing oneself for not being the right shape or appearance; that I really don't get at all. But I won't comment again, because the last thing anyone needs is to feel as if they have to justify anything to me; they don't.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank you for your responses. Clearly one has to experience this to understand it.

This is a condition that is really hard to relate to anyone else, like trying to explain sight to someone who was born blind.

I understand alienation from pretty well everyone. I even understand a certain alienation from oneself. But punishing oneself for not being the right shape or appearance; that I really don't get at all. But I won't comment again, because the last thing anyone needs is to feel as if they have to justify anything to me; they don't.

Just as a note, I don't consider it punishing myself by fixing the things that are causing me distress.

I do appreciate your approach to this issue. :hug:

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

MOD HAT ON