Not open for further replies.

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you're asking the wrong questions. Stop asking men to prove God, maybe instead ask God to prove God. Every man who has real faith in God says they cannot prove God to you and they give sound reasons as to why, so why not listen to these men and ask God to prove Himself to you. I've made it as clear as possible as to which God to ask and that is the God of Truth and Love. Drop all the baggage that you carry with you regarding this God and just ask Him to reveal Truth to you from an honest place of humility. In the end you will find meaning to life that you never thought possible and only God gives meaning.
When I believed, I was a Christian, he never spoke to me.

Maybe I wasn't as special as you, not Christian enough, or maybe not worthy of hearing him.

Can you explain why so many who have a conversation with god, get different replies.

Upvote 0

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
We all have some kind of "baggage". Do you know how I know this? Because no human is perfect. Except the one who claimed to be God, which was and is and will be Jesus Christ.
No human is perfect, in what way? 65, cancer survivor and doing OK after being told I was expected not to make it. My only crimes are minor like speeding, Have two children, given work to a lot of people, and spread happiness. So in what way am I not perfect?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Maybe I wasn't as special as you, not Christian enough, or maybe not worthy of hearing him.

Can you explain why so many who have a conversation with god, get different replies.

Could be because what people claim to hear from God, is exactly what they need to hear.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • You're on the Internet, run by science, is it right or wrong?
  • Not at all. Science is just limited to the realm of created matter, and has a less than insightful perspective because they do not consider the source.
OK evolution is the part of science you're disputing. Science's "wrong" isn't that evolution doesn't exist. It's that a small piece of it is wrong. Science proves conclusively Genesis is wrong.
Evolution is just a good example. Again, from the wrong perspective, science doesn't know the half of it, and what it does know is attributed to the wrong cause so it is skewed with many false premises.

Genesis is not wrong, just a different reality. Their different perspective and definition of Time makes them both true. But there is just one problem...their definition of time is falling apart, and like so many other things, will change to something different when they come around. Meanwhile, they are wrong as it fits into the bigger picture. The only thing that makes them correct now (until they learn different) is manifest destiny...but that reality is doomed, just like so many other things they have changed along the way. In other words, there is NO authority in discovery...and that is all they have.
Yes the bible tells you all the time you're wrong, a sinner, you shouldn't do this or that. It never says the bible is wrong. Even when the bible says one thing and then another thing happens.
Again, perspective changes all that. It's not wrong...only your perspective is wrong. If you give me one example, I would be happy to share with you the proper perspective. But don't be surprised if it disagrees with everything you know (relative to your perspective baggage).
As for getting truth from a higher authority. You get told what to believe from a higher authority. The rulers tell you what to do and think. Those who claim to talk to god, usually come back with a different answer and then start their own religion, or get told what the book said is right. Failed Bible Prophecies.
Prophecies, Promises, and Misquotes in the Bible.

Even Jesus failed to keep his promises. Matthew 16:28
Or did he? I prefer to believe someone made that up and wrote it, rather than Jesus said it.
Religious leaders certainly do have a way of misrepresenting the truth. Correctamundo!

As for Jesus not keeping his promises...excellent example (Matt 16:28), but not true...he did keep it. He also told them/us that he would come when you least expect it. The correct understanding agrees also with his statement "It is finished." The future is NOT what most of Christianity believes, because they are held in blindness until the fullness of the times of the gentiles (the non-Jewish peoples). Every word agrees with itself, just not with the wrong interpretation and perspective. He HAS already come in his Father's glory (in the spirit). All that remains is the fullness of the times of the gentiles, a countdown of remaining souls. Then the end shall come (just as it is written).

No god didn't say that, a man wrote "this is what god said". Like he talked to Popes, Mullahs, Brahman priests, Joseph Smith, etc. And they all come back with a different version, except for "this is what god told me, so give generously".
It doesn't matter. Yes, their human error contributes to the current blindness...BUT...do not misunderstand the providence of God. As much as we would like to think so, men do not have providence over such things, over history. Everything is just as it was planned, told, and written.

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I've never heard an audible voice either. I think God speaks to people in as many different ways as there are different people. The important thing is that when God reveals understanding and truth and love, its always obviously from God. The only thing holding us back from God's truth and love is deception, which can either be self inflicted or caused by evil, either way when God reveals Himself to you, it will be unmistakable and from that point on you will trust in Him.

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Too many "I"s,
I do not claim to speak for others.
too many "not"s.
I'm sorry, preacher, did I interrupt your surmon? I'll just sit quietly in the pew here from here on in and nod away, knowing that everything you say is the God's honest truth. Hallelujah!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
  • Not at all. Science is just limited to the realm of created matter, and has a less than insightful perspective because they do not consider the source.
  • Science can't deal with anything but the real matter. Stuff created by fictional writers isn't their field.
Evolution is just a good example. Again, from the wrong perspective, science doesn't know the half of it, and what it does know is attributed to the wrong cause so it is skewed with many false premises.
Science doesn't know half of it, that's why they keep learning. Unlike the bible that claims to know everything.

Genesis is not wrong, just a different reality. Their different perspective and definition of Time makes them both true. But there is just one problem...their definition of time is falling apart, and like so many other things, will change to something different when they come around. Meanwhile, they are wrong as it fits into the bigger picture. The only thing that makes them correct now (until they learn different) is manifest destiny...but that reality is doomed, just like so many other things they have changed along the way. In other words, there is NO authority in discovery...and that is all they have.
Yes a different reality. One that as you say, isn't real matter.
Again, perspective changes all that. It's not wrong...only your perspective is wrong. If you give me one example, I would be happy to share with you the proper perspective. But don't be surprised if it disagrees with everything you know (relative to your perspective baggage).
OK the bible Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.
Clearly this is wrong. So was god lying to the men writing the bible or did the men make it up?
Or can't I see how it came true due to my baggage?
Religious leaders certainly do have a way of misrepresenting the truth. Correctamundo!

As for Jesus not keeping his promises...excellent example (Matt 16:28), but not true...he did keep it. He also told them/us that he would come when you least expect it. The correct understanding agrees also with his statement "It is finished." The future is NOT what most of Christianity believes, because they are held in blindness until the fullness of the times of the gentiles (the non-Jewish peoples). Every word agrees with itself, just not with the wrong interpretation and perspective. He HAS already come in his Father's glory (in the spirit). All that remains is the fullness of the times of the gentiles, a countdown of remaining souls. Then the end shall come (just as it is written).
Hang on you're changing what he said. You are stuck with that phrase, if h later said he would come when we least expect it, he was countermanding his previous statements.

Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus was never was called Emmanuel.

It doesn't matter. Yes, their human error contributes to the current blindness...BUT...do not misunderstand the providence of God. As much as we would like to think so, men do not have providence over such things, over history. Everything is just as it was planned, told, and written.
So all the other people who speak to god, get a different reply, are just listening to themselves. But your prophet is the only one who got it right.

As for everything being as it was planned, told, and written. Can you give examples please.

Upvote 0

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
I've never heard an audible voice either. I think God speaks to people in as many different ways as there are different people. The important thing is that when God reveals understanding and truth and love, its always obviously from God. The only thing holding us back from God's truth and love is deception, which can either be self inflicted or caused by evil, either way when God reveals Himself to you, it will be unmistakable and from that point on you will trust in Him.
So how does god speak to you in an inaudible way?

As for deception, prove the clergy aren't the deceivers. Including those who came soon after Jesus. For instance Jesus said he was here to keep the old laws. Paul said we could stop them. Paul did this to swell his ranks, against the wishes of many early Christians. So who was right, Jesus or Paul?

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Damascus is still a thriving city. So god lying to Isaiah, or Isaiah making it up, or maybe it was about ISIS?

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOD DOES'NT WANT PERFECT PEOPLE,
He wants people he can make perfect.
if you were perfect you would be God.
Only God is perfect.
dont think you are perfect as you are.
We all need improvement. Let God decide.
God in his providence did decide what to allow history to record as the truth, as his word...yet you disregard his providence and assume to "correct" his authors.

That is not just not perfect...it is anti Christ, anti the Word of God.

Good bye for now. If you should choose to return to him, I will gladly receive you.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God in his providence did decide what to allow history to record as the truth, as his word...yet you disregard his providence and assume to "correct" his authors.

That is not just not perfect...it is anti Christ, anti the Word of God.

Good bye for now. If you should choose to return to him, I will gladly receive you.

You may have overlooked that log in your own eye.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hang on you're changing what he said. You are stuck with that phrase, if h later said he would come when we least expect it, he was countermanding his previous statements.

Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus was never was called Emmanuel.
I am not changing anything, and he did not counter himself. It is just that your understanding is lacking.
So all the other people who speak to god, get a different reply, are just listening to themselves. But your prophet is the only one who got it right.
There is only one truth, but many opinions. Does that surprise you? Is that any reason to give up on the truth?
As for everything being as it was planned, told, and written. Can you give examples please.
7000 years worth. Pick one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am not changing anything, and he did not counter himself. It is just that your understanding is lacking.
There is only one truth, but many opinions. Does that surprise you? Is that any reason to give up on the truth?
7000 years worth. Pick one.

What truth?

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So how does god speak to you in an inaudible way?

He gives me understanding that I would otherwise never be able to obtain on my own. He also empowers me with love, patience and forgiveness and many other qualities that can only come from Him.

As for deception, prove the clergy aren't the deceivers. Including those who came soon after Jesus. For instance Jesus said he was here to keep the old laws. Paul said we could stop them. Paul did this to swell his ranks, against the wishes of many early Christians. So who was right, Jesus or Paul?

Jesus is the authority over everything.

Isaiah 17:1
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Damascus is still a thriving city. So god lying to Isaiah, or Isaiah making it up, or maybe it was about ISIS?

Your onto something there in regards to Islam in our current time. Have you ever read Mideast Beast? Very, very interesting revelation of end time prophecies.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You missed part of what Jesus said. He said he did not come to destroy the law and the prophets, but to fulfill it. Having done so, it was kept, not destroyed...and so it is no longer necessary to keep it. It is finished. They were both right.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.