CLX​
JDSF​
NDSF​
VRAI3S​
P​
DASN JASN​
DAPM​
VPPP-PAM​

The verb in this sentence (translated "He has perfected") is in the perfect tense. According to my Greek grammar by Ray Summers, the Greek perfect tense indicates "a completed action with a resulting state of being. The primary emphasis is on the resulting state of being. Involved in the Greek perfect are three ideas: an action in progress, its coming to a point in culmination, its existing as a completed result. Thus it implies a process but looks upon the process as having reached a consumation and existing as a completed state."

The participle in this sentence (translated "who are sactified") is a present passive participle. According to Summers, "The present participle indicates action which is contermporaneous with the action of the main verb." The passive voice indicates the subject is being acted upon.

We may conclude from these things that our sanctification was contemporaneous with and exists in a completed state along with the perfection of the new person we became when we first put our trust in Christ and He came to live in our hearts. The perfection of the new man is forever and ever. It will never end, amen!​

• Love
Reactions: Rapture Bound

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good day,

I believe from a grammatical prospective you are correct the Theological realities of the expanded context are amazing.

The use "present passive participle" is very powerful here the subject of the Verb does nothing (passive), it is acted upon and effected by the "doing" of the verb( something is being done to it).

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10:14 (NASB)

For​
by​
one​
offering​
He has perfected​
for​
all time​
those​
who are sanctified.​
γὰρ​
(3)​
μιᾷ​
προσφορᾷ​
τετελείωκεν​
εἰς​
τὸ διηνεκὲς​
τοὺς​
ἁγιαζομένους​
CLX​
JDSF​
NDSF​
VRAI3S​
P​
DASN JASN​
DAPM​
VPPP-PAM​

The verb in this sentence (translated "He has perfected") is in the perfect tense. According to my Greek grammar by Ray Summers, the Greek perfect tense indicates "a completed action with a resulting state of being. The primary emphasis is on the resulting state of being. Involved in the Greek perfect are three ideas: an action in progress, its coming to a point in culmination, its existing as a completed result. Thus it implies a process but looks upon the process as having reached a consumation and existing as a completed state."

The participle in this sentence (translated "who are sactified") is a present passive participle. According to Summers, "The present participle indicates action which is contermporaneous with the action of the main verb." The passive voice indicates the subject is being acted upon.

We may conclude from these things that our sanctification was contemporaneous with and exists in a completed state along with the perfection of the new person we became when we first put our trust in Christ and He came to live in our hearts. The perfection of the new man is forever and ever. It will never end, amen!​
Those for whom Christ died have been once and for all perfected forever, which also they are continually being sanctified subjectively. But now in a legal sense those whom Christ died are sanctified once and for all, the word sanctified in Heb 10:10 is in the perfect tense,

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

ἐν ᾧ θελήματι ἡγιασμένοι ἐσμὲν οἱ διὰ τῆς προσφορᾶς τοῦ σώματος τοῦ Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ ἐφάπαξ

So people who Christ died for are absolutely saved by His Death !

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hebrews 10:14 (NASB)

For​
by​
one​
offering​
He has perfected​
for​
all time​
those​
who are sanctified.​
γὰρ​
(3)​
μιᾷ​
προσφορᾷ​
τετελείωκεν​
εἰς​
τὸ διηνεκὲς​
τοὺς​
ἁγιαζομένους​
CLX​
JDSF​
NDSF​
VRAI3S​
P​
DASN JASN​
DAPM​
VPPP-PAM​

But if we sin willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth....

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That obviously can only apply to them Christ didnt die for , since the ones He did die for are perfected forever.

Reactions: B Griffin
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. (Heb 10:26–27)​

You are correct. This warning follows the great discourse concerning Jesus offering Himself without spot to God by the Eternal Spirit to eliminate the punishment for our sins once and for all. Yet this warning is not for those who "believe to the saving of the soul", but for those who "draw back to perdition".

39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. (Heb 10:39)​

One must ask himself what "willful sin" leads to perdition. The answer is scattered throughout this passage (and throughout Hebrews). The willful sin is unbelief. Once you are confronted with the fact that Jesus sacrificed Himself for your own personal sins, you are at a fork in the road of life. You must choose one fork or the other. You will either choose to receive Jesus' forgiveness by trusting in the sufficiency of His sacrifice for all your sins, or you will choose to reject Him and His sacrifice. Both decisions are willful. One willful choice leads to the saving of the soul. One willful choice leads to perdition.

The Hebrews (the "we" in verse 26) would have understood the arguments about their religious practices being a shaddow and Jesus being the real thing (chapters 5-10) and they would have understood the inportance of belief and the warnings of unbelief (Chapters 3-4, 11-12).

You may reject this point of view. But I encourage you to not draw back from resting all your hope in the Lord Jesus Christ for the saving of your soul.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think what matters most is the criterion that Jesus will use to judge us to determine our worthiness or unworthiness for eternal life with God.

In Matthew 25,
Jesus tells us plainly how He will judge us after He returns for His second coming:

31 When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those (sheep) at his right hand, ‘Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38 And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39 And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’ 41 Then he will say to those (goats) at his left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?’ 45 Then he will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ 46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Jesus will not ask us if we trusted in Him to save us. Jesus will not ask us if we believed in Him. Jesus will not ask us if we loved Him.

Jesus will know by the works that we have done during our lifetime if we are truly His followers or if we are instead followers of Satan.

Jesus also states in John 5:26-29:

26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself, 27 and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.

First, Jesus saves us through our faith as His gift of grace to us. However, if we desire to be approved to inherit eternal life after we die, we are required to do the good works that His Father had prepared, even before our creation, for each of us to do. We were actually created to do good works just as Jesus became flesh and came to earth to do the good work of making salvation possible for every person.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God— 9 not because of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10 is not a suggestion. It is a command.

Matthew 7:21 “Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

What is the will of Jesus' Father who is in heaven?

It is God the Father's will that we do the good works that He had prepared for us to do. If we do not do these good works, we will not be approved worthy to inherit/enter eternal with Him in heaven.

Matthew 7:19, Luke 3:9

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think what matters most is the criterion that Jesus will use to judge us to determine our worthiness or unworthiness for eternal life with God.

In Matthew 25,
Jesus tells us plainly how He will judge us after He returns for His second coming:

31 When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those (sheep) at his right hand, ‘Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38 And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39 And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’ 41 Then he will say to those (goats) at his left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?’ 45 Then he will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ 46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Jesus will not ask us if we trusted in Him to save us. Jesus will not ask us if we believed in Him. Jesus will not ask us if we loved Him.

Jesus will know by the works that we have done during our lifetime if we are truly His followers or if we are instead followers of Satan.

26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself, 27 and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.

First, Jesus saves us through our faith as His gift of grace to us. However, if we desire to be approved to inherit eternal life after we die, we are required to do the good works that His Father had prepared, even before our creation, for each of us to do. We were actually created to do good works just as Jesus became flesh and came to earth to do the good work of making salvation possible for every person.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God— 9 not because of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Matthew 7:21 “Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

It is God the Father's will that we do the good works that He had prepared for us to do. If we do not do these good works, we will not be approved worthy to inherit/enter eternal with Him in heaven.

So do you believe a persons good works will perfect them forever before a Holy God ?

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That obviously can only apply to them Christ didnt die for , since the ones He did die for are perfected forever.
Well not really because if it were so obvious we wouldn't be having this conversation.
It states that He has perfected forever them that are being sanctified in verse 14.
What is this perfectness, this completeness that has happened to them that are BEING sanctified, made holy?

Verse 15 and 16 tell us. How do we know? Because verse 15 starts with word "and".

It says, " and the Holy Ghost witness to us also"

About what? About Being perfected, completed.

How did the Holy Spirit witness to us being perfected, completed?

Verse 16 tells us in that it says,
"For after having said before, "This is the covenant which I will covenant to them after those days, says the Lord: Giving My laws on their hearts, and I will write them on their minds;"

[1] For the Law had a shadow of the coming good things, not the image * itself * of * those * things. * Appearing * year by year with the same sacrifices, which they offer continually, they never are able to perfect the ones drawing near. [2] Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because those serving did not still have conscience of sins, having once for all been cleansed? [3] But in these * there is * a remembrance of sins year by year, [4] for * it is * not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. [5] For this reason, coming into the world, He says, "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but You prepared a body for Me. [6] You did not delight in burnt offerings and * sacrifices * concerning sins."

[7] "Then I said, Lo, I come, * in the * heading of the Book, it was written concerning Me, to do Your will, O God." * LXX-Psa. 39:7 -9; MT-Psa. 40:6 -8 * [8] Above, saying, "You did not desire nor were pleased * with * sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and * sacrifices * concerning sins," (which are offered according to the Law), [9] then He said, "Lo, I come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first in order that He may set up the second; [10] by which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. [11] And indeed every priest stands day by day ministering, and often offering the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. [12] But He, offering but one sacrifice for sins, "sat down" in perpetuity "* at the * right * hand * " of God, [13] from then on expecting "until His enemies are placed * as * a footstool" of His feet. * Psa. 110:1 * [14] For by one offering He has perfected in perpetuity the ones being sanctified. [15] And the Holy Spirit witnesses to us also. For after having said before, [16] "This * is * the covenant which I will covenant to them after those days, says * the * Lord: Giving My laws on their hearts, and I will write them on their minds;"
(Hebrews 10:1-16 [LITV])

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. (Heb 10:26–27)​

You are correct. This warning follows the great discourse concerning Jesus offering Himself without spot to God by the Eternal Spirit to eliminate the punishment for our sins once and for all. Yet this warning is not for those who "believe to the saving of the soul", but for those who "draw back to perdition".

39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul. (Heb 10:39)​

One must ask himself what "willful sin" leads to perdition. The answer is scattered throughout this passage (and throughout Hebrews). The willful sin is unbelief. Once you are confronted with the fact that Jesus sacrificed Himself for your own personal sins, you are at a fork in the road of life. You must choose one fork or the other. You will either choose to receive Jesus' forgiveness by trusting in the sufficiency of His sacrifice for all your sins, or you will choose to reject Him and His sacrifice. Both decisions are willful. One willful choice leads to the saving of the soul. One willful choice leads to perdition.

The Hebrews (the "we" in verse 26) would have understood the arguments about their religious practices being a shaddow and Jesus being the real thing (chapters 5-10) and they would have understood the inportance of belief and the warnings of unbelief (Chapters 3-4, 11-12).

You may reject this point of view. But I encourage you to not draw back from resting all your hope in the Lord Jesus Christ for the saving of your soul.
You are trying to make connections that are not there. Sinning in verse 26 encompasses any sin.

[24] And let us consider one another, to incitement of love and of good works, [25] not forsaking the assembling together of ourselves, as * is the * custom of some, but exhorting, and by so much more as you see the Day drawing near. [26] For * if * we * are * willfully sinning after receiving the full knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice concerning sins,
(Hebrews 10:24-26 [LITV])

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well not really because if it were so obvious we wouldn't be having this conversation.
It states that He has perfected forever them that are being sanctified in verse 14.
What is this perfectness, this completeness that has happened to them that are BEING sanctified, made holy?

Verse 15 and 16 tell us. How do we know? Because verse 15 starts with word "and".

"For after having said before, "This is the covenant which I will covenant to them after those days, says the Lord: Giving My laws on their hearts, and I will write them on their minds;"

[1] For the Law had a shadow of the coming good things, not the image * itself * of * those * things. * Appearing * year by year with the same sacrifices, which they offer continually, they never are able to perfect the ones drawing near. [2] Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because those serving did not still have conscience of sins, having once for all been cleansed? [3] But in these * there is * a remembrance of sins year by year, [4] for * it is * not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. [5] For this reason, coming into the world, He says, "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but You prepared a body for Me. [6] You did not delight in burnt offerings and * sacrifices * concerning sins."

[7] "Then I said, Lo, I come, * in the * heading of the Book, it was written concerning Me, to do Your will, O God." * LXX-Psa. 39:7 -9; MT-Psa. 40:6 -8 * [8] Above, saying, "You did not desire nor were pleased * with * sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and * sacrifices * concerning sins," (which are offered according to the Law), [9] then He said, "Lo, I come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first in order that He may set up the second; [10] by which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. [11] And indeed every priest stands day by day ministering, and often offering the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. [12] But He, offering but one sacrifice for sins, "sat down" in perpetuity "* at the * right * hand * " of God, [13] from then on expecting "until His enemies are placed * as * a footstool" of His feet. * Psa. 110:1 * [14] For by one offering He has perfected in perpetuity the ones being sanctified. [15] And the Holy Spirit witnesses to us also. For after having said before, [16] "This * is * the covenant which I will covenant to them after those days, says * the * Lord: Giving My laws on their hearts, and I will write them on their minds;"
(Hebrews 10:1-16 [LITV])
Yes really, the people Christ died for have been by His Death Perfected for ever. Heb 10:14

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Jesus must have died for only a tiny minority the because I have yet to meet any sinless people in my walking around. They may be out there but I don’t know a one of them.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus must have died for only a tiny minority the because I have yet to meet any sinless people in my walking around. They may be out there but I don’t know a one of them.
Whoever He died for, they are perfected forever Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes really, the people Christ died for have been by His Death Perfected for ever. Heb 10:14
No it is As It states.That He has perfected forever them that are being sanctified in verse 14.

It is not a I say so as you are putting forward in the post we are responding to. But what the text states, as you are being shown here in this post.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Whoever He died for, they are perfected forever Heb 10:14

Who are obviously very rare individuals then. One in a thousand, if even that. Maybe one in a million.

Many seem to be in process of being perfected. Few have been perfected already.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No it is As It states.That He has perfected forever them that are being sanctified in verse 14.

It is not a I say so as you are putting forward in the post we are responding to. But what the text states, as you are being shown here in this post.
Yes really, them He died for and perfected forever in Heb 10:14 are the ones He also died for and sanctified once and for all Heb 10:10,14

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who are obviously very rare individuals then. One in a thousand, if even that. Maybe one in a million.

Many seem to be in process of being perfected. Few have been perfected already.
Those for whom Christ died, have been perfected forever, God sees it that way Heb 10:14

Now this doesnt apply to indviduals Christ didnt die for, thats obvious.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In Matthew 25,

[/QUOTE]
Good day, Jan

This is not necessarily a judgment but a separation of the sheep from the goats.

He is the good Shepard he knows his sheep and His sheep know him and they being sheep hear His voice.

Sheep do sheepy thing because they are sheep, a goat could do sheepy things but that does not make them sheep, they are Goats.

Pick up Matt 7:22

Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Sure they did lots of stuff, But Jesus never knew (verb) them. He never exerted any energy to be in a relationship with them.

Ephesians 2:10 a command really how do you get that grammatically from the text.

We are His work
He created us in Christ (He did it)
The good works are prepared by Him for us.
Because of His work we walk in them (cause and effect)

In Him

Bill

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are trying to make connections that are not there. Sinning in verse 26 encompasses any sin.

[24] And let us consider one another, to incitement of love and of good works, [25] not forsaking the assembling together of ourselves, as * is the * custom of some, but exhorting, and by so much more as you see the Day drawing near. [26] For * if * we * are * willfully sinning after receiving the full knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice concerning sins,
(Hebrews 10:24-26 [LITV])
There is no "if" in verse 26 because there are no subjunctive verbs. There is only a statement concerning those who go on sinning on purpose after they hear the gospel. That's the first point.

The second point is that if the "purposeful sins" are all sins, then nobody is ever saved, first because everyone sins after they are saved, and second because for those making the dreadful bistake of sinning after they are saved "there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins" (i.e., they cannot be forgiven).

The third point is that the context, as I stated before, is the whole book of Hebrews. And that makes this paragraph the culmination of all that is being said in the book. Bet even if that were not so, it is very clear that the words in Hebrews 10:29 are describing the one who goes on purposefully sinning after he receives the knowledge of the truth: "Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?" (Heb 10:29) This definately describes a person who, upon hearing that Jesus died for his sins and offers reconciliation with God in return for trusting Him with the sfekeeping of his soul, rejects the premise and refuses to put his trust in Christ. It does not apply to a person who, for instance, gets cut off in traffic and curses the other driver under his breath.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This definately describes a person who, upon hearing that Jesus died for his sins and offers reconciliation with God in return for trusting Him with the sfekeeping of his soul, rejects the premise and refuses to put his trust in Christ. It does not apply to a person who, for instance, gets cut off in traffic and curses the other driver under his breath.
You seem to be distinguishing between mortal and venial sins.

Upvote 0