Torah Submissive
Sep 18, 2006
Australia
✟16,991.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Now if the soul goes to heaven now if we die what in the world then is the point of Judgement day or the "day of wrath" as the scri[ture commonly calls it. How can a soul be found in the presence of the almighty God without first being judged worth of being in it. Yeshua doesn't judge (seperate the wheat from the tears)until the end of time. Just because some have been deemed worthy of heaven before this time doesn't mean it is the standard operating procedure for everyone.

Matthew 24:35
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

Revelation 20:11
"Next I saw a great white throne and the One sitting on it. Earth and heaven fled from his presence, an no place was found for them."

Revelation 21:1
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had passed away, and the sea was no longer there....

Revelation 21:5
"Then the One sitting on the throne said, 'Look! I am making everything new!'"

Well, seems to me that heaven is even temporary until judgement by these verses until it is remade as it should and then the souls of those judged righteous will enter it - not before.

Upvote 0

good4u

<font color="darkblue"><font size="3"><b><i><font
Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Heres another thought:

If the Kingdom of God is here right now (through the people of God and the presence of the Holy Spirit), then isnt' heaven HERE and not in some far off place??

I don't know what kind of theology you have been studying, but I have read this whole thread and shake my head.

The heaven the Bible speaks of is a temporal place, a place, a place, a place. God resides somewhere and that somewhere is what the bible calls "heaven."

The Kingdom of God that Jesus speaks of in the gospels is both literal and spiritual in application. Our study group is studying Revelation and the picture the Bible protrays of heaven is a very busy and loud place because that is where the universe is ruled.

You seem to think that God is by Himself in heaven with Jesus, of course. That is far from what the Bible portrays as it teems with pulsating energy, it takes a lot of work to run the universe at God's pleasure. The Apostle John was overwhelmed in his prophetic state while penning Revelation.

I would not underestimate what God has not revealed specifically to his servants. Whatever state the saint's soul is in, the soul who is saved is indeed aware of the presense of the LORD.

Death is indeed a physical separation of soul and body. The body to await resurrection and the soul to one of two places. It is just that simple.

Upvote 0

heatherwayno

Jesus- Lover of My Soul!
Jan 29, 2006
Maryland
✟7,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't really have much to add excepy that it is a scary thought to think that we are going to remain dead until Christ returns. I believe that when we die- we join Christ in heaven. I believe that the second we close our eyes in death we open them to the site of the Lord.

Upvote 0

forgotten33

Oct 12, 2006
U.S.A
✟7,942.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't really have much to add excepy that it is a scary thought to think that we are going to remain dead until Christ returns. I believe that when we die- we join Christ in heaven. I believe that the second we close our eyes in death we open them to the site of the Lord.
I agree

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know what kind of theology you have been studying, but I have read this whole thread and shake my head.

The heaven the Bible speaks of is a temporal place, a place, a place, a place. God resides somewhere and that somewhere is what the bible calls "heaven."

The Kingdom of God that Jesus speaks of in the gospels is both literal and spiritual in application. Our study group is studying Revelation and the picture the Bible protrays of heaven is a very busy and loud place because that is where the universe is ruled.

You seem to think that God is by Himself in heaven with Jesus, of course. That is far from what the Bible portrays as it teems with pulsating energy, it takes a lot of work to run the universe at God's pleasure. The Apostle John was overwhelmed in his prophetic state while penning Revelation.

I would not underestimate what God has not revealed specifically to his servants. Whatever state the saint's soul is in, the soul who is saved is indeed aware of the presense of the LORD.

Death is indeed a physical separation of soul and body. The body to await resurrection and the soul to one of two places. It is just that simple.

Happy birthday good4u and fantastic post!

:thumbsup:

However, hopefully no one will misunderstand one thing here. The flesh is where sin is condemned by Christ Jesus. This flesh we are in today will NOT be resurrected - it is the soul within that lives forever. If we are alive at His return the flesh/physical body will be changed into an everlasting glorified body (as pre-witnessed at Christ's transfiguration - and witnessed by the Disciples at His return). But we will have a body like the one Jesus returned with, yet we will all look different - at least that's my understanding as of now, but connected as One through the Spirit of God. This is shadowed in today's present world by the way all believers in Christ are connected through prayer and action. We just have sin still in our way currently. But as He promised - all sin will be taken away and we'll be left with all that is good through Love.

Glory to Jesus :clap:

Upvote 0

JesusFreak4L

Not only living my life, but also His
Nov 2, 2006
Minnesota
✟24,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

i totally agree with this, i get in debates with some teachers at my school about this...((i go to a lutheran school so we can do this daily!))

Upvote 0

Athaliamum

Torah Submissive
Sep 18, 2006
Australia
✟16,991.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think you are thinking from a very "earthy" point of view, govened by what you know and understand right in front of you. The spirit world is a different plane not subject to our ideas and limits of time. It would be but a blink of an eye to us, a nano-second. What's scary about that? It's not like God is going to lose your soul or something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think you are thinking from a very "earthy" point of view, govened by what you know and understand right in front of you. The spirit world is a different plane not subject to our ideas and limits of time. It would be but a blink of an eye to us, a nano-second. What's scary about that? It's not like God is going to lose your soul or something.

Word! Now we're talking :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

christiangal522

Aug 21, 2004
Minnesota
✟7,983.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I dont disagree with you....I guess what I meant was the kingdom of God is HERE, NOW. It's also THERE...if I'm understanding correctly...in essence, EVERYWHERE.

Upvote 0

bryanhilton

Jan 3, 2006
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,198.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Concerning weather or not we go to heaven when we die I have this to say (I believe we, those who die knowing Christ as their Lord and Savior, go to heaven when they die) when we die, time to us becomes eternity, as in no time. It is true because God is I AM which means always present. We are living on a timetable of when we meet Him Face to face, so time only exists on this earth. Time is based on the earths rotation on its axis. But I know that the perishable must take on the imparishable one day. I also believe we will receive a new body.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(I am seminary trained in this so trust me on this one).

So am I Sister. I have an Associates degree in Pastorial Ministry. Moses died and Moses' body was buried by God Himself. (Deut. 34:5-6) Yet at the Mount of Transfiguration he is seen alive and talking to Jesus. Moses had been dead for what at least 3500 years and yet was seen alive? So it logically would lead one to believe that there are people alive in Paradise.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One other thought Sister. If I am wrong, then please explain to me who are those people who are described here:

"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:" -Rev. 6:9

This verse alone shows that there are people in heaven. And we know that they are alive because they are heard to say:

"And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?" -Rev. 6:10

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.