Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pence preps for potential 2024 presidential run amid rocky headlines about relationship with Trump - CNNPolitics

I'm sure there are others sources suggesting/saying this but I'm lazy and just wanted to throw something up.

What are your thoughts on this?

Me?
I LOVE it!
My prediction:
Trump, who apparently has fallen away from being a Pence fan, is certainly going to think that he will be more popular than that nobody Pence. He is not going to step down and will have a run off to head the republicans and then he'll try to rip the party apart if/when he loses that. He's going to make as big a mess as possible. It's gonna get ugly and stupid and I CANNOT WAIT to see what happens there. Trump makes good entertainment but the reason why I can't wait is because
1) I'm CONVINCED that he will not get into power again
2) He's going to go torched earth because he's a vindictive narcissist.

I've been pretty solid with my predictions about Trump's behaviour through his presidency. I mean, half the time he tells you or shows you why he's so awful. Maybe I (and many others) are just actually paying attention to him.
Pence is too weak.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,207.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is it weak to turn against Trump? It took nearly four years, but in the end he did it. A remarkable number of Republicans still have not plucked up the courage to do the same.

Just saying.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it weak to turn against Trump? It took nearly four years, but in the end he did it. A remarkable number of Republicans still have not plucked up the courage to do the same.

Just saying.
Pence did the minimum to avoid prison. Otherwise he has been very quiet about his former boss. That makes him weak.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Just saying.

If the definition of courage is to bend the knee to the oligarchical establishment and to hand them all the power in spite of any semblance of liberty hanging on by a thread, I never want that flavor of courage.

This is more about principle than it is rallying behind a populist leader, albeit when you find one who won't cave, you maintain that support. This is demonstrated in support of other populists in the house and senate too.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the definition of courage is to bend the knee to the oligarchical establishment and to hand them all the power in spite of any semblance of liberty hanging on by a thread, I never want that flavor of courage.

This is more about principle than it is rallying behind a populist leader, albeit when you find one who won't cave, you maintain that support. This is demonstrated in support of other populists in the house and senate too.
For clarity, is Pence weak or courageous? It's a bit hard to tell from your post.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
For clarity, is Pence weak or courageous? It's a bit hard to tell from your post.

Turning against Donald, in and of itself, does not make one courageous... especially if it's long overdue.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Just saying.

Is it courage or merely ambition? They all want for themselves the same breathless devotion that Donald inspired.

When Donald was a means to that end, he was useful... now he's in the way. Pence is just the first to figure that out.

I suspect McConnell is getting the hint, too: Trump seeking challenger to McConnell as Senate GOP leader: report

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It is comparative, I dare say. If Pence standing up to Trump is weak, what is caving in to him, as so many Senators have done?

"Business as usual."

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Pence preps for potential 2024 presidential run amid rocky headlines about relationship with Trump - CNNPolitics

I'm sure there are others sources suggesting/saying this but I'm lazy and just wanted to throw something up.

What are your thoughts on this?

Me?
I LOVE it!
My prediction:
Trump, who apparently has fallen away from being a Pence fan, is certainly going to think that he will be more popular than that nobody Pence. He is not going to step down and will have a run off to head the republicans and then he'll try to rip the party apart if/when he loses that. He's going to make as big a mess as possible. It's gonna get ugly and stupid and I CANNOT WAIT to see what happens there. Trump makes good entertainment but the reason why I can't wait is because
1) I'm CONVINCED that he will not get into power again
2) He's going to go torched earth because he's a vindictive narcissist.

I've been pretty solid with my predictions about Trump's behaviour through his presidency. I mean, half the time he tells you or shows you why he's so awful. Maybe I (and many others) are just actually paying attention to him.
What if the head of state he visits is a lady?

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is comparative, I dare say. If Pence standing up to Trump is weak, what is caving in to him, as so many Senators have done?

But it really does not matter. He will never be President.

He didn't stand up to Trump. He caved to the democrats who hated Trump. Now he fits right in with the "popular" crowd.
No real courage needed to do that.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He didn't stand up to Trump. He caved to the democrats who hated Trump.

By doing what, exactly? When exactly was his moment of "caving"?

(not disagreeing with you, per se... just asking to clarify the moment...)

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He didn't stand up to Trump. He caved to the democrats who hated Trump. Now he fits right in with the "popular" crowd.
No real courage needed to do that.
What is it he was supposed to do that wasn't sedition, if not treason?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah but the alternative was Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And a better alternative he was.
Too bad he lost his re-election bid then.
If Pence had “chosen” the Trump path, (breaking our Constitutional method of transitioning power), he would have chucked the entire idea of leaders governing with the consent of the people.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Too bad he lost his re-election bid then.

At least that's the popular narrative.

If Pence had “chosen” the Trump path, (breaking our Constitutional method of transitioning power), he would have chucked the entire idea of leaders governing with the consent of the people.

That wasn't the Trump path. What you're describing is a rabbit trail.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
At least that's the popular narrative.

That wasn't the Trump path. What you're describing is a rabbit trail.
Okay, so, let’s say that Pence “comes through” and halts the counting of the Electoral College Ballots…what happens then?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so, let’s say that Pence “comes through” and halts the counting of the Electoral College Ballots…what happens then?

Then I'll congratulate him for inventing time travel and going back 8 months.

Upvote 0