England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Come Holy Spirit like a dove descending,rest Thou upon us while we meet to pray. Show us the Saviour,His great love revealing. Lead us to Him,the Life,the Truth,the Way' (Robert Bruce)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Come Holy Spirit every cloud dispelling. Fill us with gladness through the Master's name. Bring to our memory words that He has spoken. Then shall our tongues His wondrous truth proclaim' (Robert Bruce)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Come Holy Spirit sent from God the Father. Thou Friend and Teacher,Comforter and guide. Our thoughts directing,keep us close to Jesus and in our hearts for evermore abide' (Robert Bruce)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Peace! Peace! Thank You for Your peace. 'The peace of God!' 'Peace in God' through Jesus the Great peacemaker!
A win-win proposition sir :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Such a meaningful hymn out of the hymnwriter's experience. Do you know his story?
yes, it meant so much to me when I lost Martin my son, to know that there was hope in the Lord. My heart went out to them both, to lose 4 daughters!
Spafford's four daughters—Anna, eleven; Maggie, nine; Bessie, seven; and Tanetta, two—were among the 226 who perished in the aftermath. Mrs. Spafford, one of the few who were spared, sent her husband the heartbreaking telegram: "Saved alone."

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
yes, it meant so much to me when I lost Martin my son, to know that there was hope in the Lord. My heart went out to them both, to lose 4 daughters!
Spafford's four daughters—Anna, eleven; Maggie, nine; Bessie, seven; and Tanetta, two—were among the 226 who perished in the aftermath. Mrs. Spafford, one of the few who were spared, sent her husband the heartbreaking telegram: "Saved alone."
Was that the 'Titanic?'

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Was that the 'Titanic?'
this was the text from youtube
Horatio G. Spafford was known as a sincere, devout Christian. He was the father of four daughters, an active member of the Presbyterian church, and a loyal friend and supporter of D. L. Moody and other evangelical leaders of his day. In November 1873, Spafford decided to take his entire family to Europe for a vacation, intending also to assist Moody in his evangelistic work once he arrived there. However, Spafford was unexpectedly detained in Chicago due to urgent business concerns, but decided to send his family aboard the S.S. Ville du Harve as scheduled. Midway through the trans-Atlantic voyage, S.S. Ville du Harve was struck by the English vessel Loch Earn and eventually foundered.

• Useful
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
this was the text from youtube
Horatio G. Spafford was known as a sincere, devout Christian. He was the father of four daughters, an active member of the Presbyterian church, and a loyal friend and supporter of D. L. Moody and other evangelical leaders of his day. In November 1873, Spafford decided to take his entire family to Europe for a vacation, intending also to assist Moody in his evangelistic work once he arrived there. However, Spafford was unexpectedly detained in Chicago due to urgent business concerns, but decided to send his family aboard the S.S. Ville du Harve as scheduled. Midway through the trans-Atlantic voyage, S.S. Ville du Harve was struck by the English vessel Loch Earn and eventually foundered.
Thankyou for sharing that 'musicalpigrim' and your own experience

Upvote 0