• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

"peace and security"

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Terri, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri

Terri Senior Veteran

+562
    Baptist
    Married
    I know Jesus came 2000 years ago. :bow:

I believe that he is coming again! :clap:

Do you believe he is coming again? :pray:

2. marti

marti New Member

+0
    Greetings,

I love studying the end times and can't wait to leave this wretched world.

It's true, the Bible makes it look as though the US won't be a very big player in the middle east, especially when Russia attacks. I'm thinking something terrible will happen here, or perhaps something as simple as getting cut off from all foreign oil.

I'm facinated with the world's attitude toward us now. Who would have guessed the whole world would turn against us. Therefore, it's no surprise they have turned against Bush as well. But he's a strong guy and guess what? I think he's read the book too. lol.

What an awsome responsiblity to be the President, to know what the Bible says will happen and to make such enormous decisions. And what an honor to be counted among Israel's friends.

Marti

3. davo

davo Member

+3
    G'day Terri!

I'm not waiting any longer for Jesus to return, He's already come back when He destroyed all vestages of the Old Covenant in the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70. Nor do I see our world as hoplessly lost. There are many in it who are hopelessly lost and in need of coming into covenant with God through faith in Christ -and that's where we come into the picture in sharing God's goodness.

However we will never effectively do this if we have a negative view of God's good world i.e., "I can't wait to leave this wretched world" etc. This world's problem is SIN not SATAN, and Jesus already defeated him -you'll find that in the Bible.

Blessings davo

4. Terri

Terri Senior Veteran

+562
    Baptist
    Married
    Hi davo, :wave:

I really like talking to you davo. You seem to have such a kind spirit. And I love “G’day”. It makes me smile. I’ve always thought Australia sounded like a great place. It would be on the top of my list for places to visit if I could. But, lets get down to studying—

I would ask you davo, to reconsider you position that the Lord is not going to return. I also believe that for believers in Christ the Old Covenant is no longer in effect. I also agree with you that there are many in the world who are hopelessly lost and need to come to know the Lord. I also agree with you that the Lord has already defeated Satan.

The trouble is that no matter what you do, some people are going to go their own way and refuse to know the Lord. In Revelations 11:18 it says that these people are destroying the world and the Lord has to stop them. Mark 13:20 seems to indicate to me that all of mankind would be killed in the Lord doesn’t step in and stop people from destroying the world.

It seems to me with all of the modern weapons we have in the world it is not hard to see how man will almost destroy the world. Revelations 8:7 says that a third of the trees and all of the green grass was burned up. I don’t believe this has happened in the past and is a future event.

I am certainly no prophecy expert—I just study the bible for myself and try to let the Lord lead me into understanding. I really think everyone has to study for themselves. We can’t just take someone else’s word for things. But, I believe that just as the Old Testament foretold the Lord’s first coming, the bible (old and new testaments) foretell his second coming—to stop those who are destroying the world.

The saying of “peace and security” was even predicted in the bible—I believe to alert us to the times in which we live. Never before has mankind been able to bring “sudden destruction” on themselves as we are today.

I pray that the Lord will lead you into all understanding as you study his Word. Hope you will say a prayer for me too!

Love you in the Lord

Terri

5. davo

davo Member

+3
    G'day Terri :wave:

Thanks for those kind words -I do have my moments when I am less charitable, but I'm working on it :)

I'm not denying Christ's 2nd Coming -what I'm saying is that its already happened, in AD70 in the destruction of Jerusalem. So the real difference between us is actually in the "nature and timing" of Christ's 2nd Advent.

I see the "End of the World" (Matt 24) as being the end of the "age" (as it actually is in the Greek). Jesus was not talking about the end of our physical universe, He was talking about the end of the age of the "Old Covenant world of Judaism." The old covenant which was typified by Jerusalem and its Temple WAS the whole world to the 1st century Jews -and it was this that was to come to an end.

Does that make sense?

davo

6. Terri

Terri Senior Veteran

+562
    Baptist
    Married
    Hi davo, :D

What you are saying does make sense.

Guess we just disagree. I think the Lord's return is yet to happen.

Do you believe that the world will get better and better as people come to know the Lord?

Do you not believe that man is going to almost destroy the world?

Terri

7. davo

davo Member

+3

Terri,

I don't believe 'man' will destroy this world as I believe God alone has his hand firmly on the controls of history. Man certainly has great potential to do great harm, yet also great good -it is our God given role as Christ's ambassadors in this OUR world to influence toward the latter. Yet this becomes almost non-existant if our mind-set or world veiw is one of doom and gloom and "can't wait to get raptured out of this hell-hole" mentality, that "futurism" tends to engender. We're supposed to make a difference, not abandon ship.

If Christian don't get involved with planning for the future then we're ripping our future generations off, IMO.

What do you think?

davo

8. Terri

Terri Senior Veteran

+562
    Baptist
    Married
    davo,

I agree with you that God has total control of what happens in the world. But, I believe that God is letting mankind have their way with the world to show them what the end result of doing things "their way" will be.

I also agree with you that we are to make a difference--be the light of the world. I believe you can still make a difference while at the same time looking forward to being with the Lord. We are not suppose to sit idly by and wait for the Lord's return. We are suppose to keep busy until he comes.

It seems that about the only thing we disagree about is whether the Lord will return again in the future. Guess we will just have to agree to disagree. My concern for you is that if the way I see things turns out to be right and things get really bad in the world it might hurt your faith. But, just remember if things do get bad in the world the Lord still loves us and everything will work out no matter how bad things get. If you turn out to be right--I guess we have nothing to be concerned about!

Terri

9. davo

davo Member

+3
    Who was it who said:
    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

I'm sure we've had both, we have both, there will be both -not too worry. "ALL THINGS" says Paul work for our benefit. And "The Lord knows those who are His." :wave:

davo

10. Debbie

Debbie Active Member

+0
    Nevermind, I see this thread has been taken over & is now also a preterist debate. GUess we just can;t debate end time prophecy anymore.

11. Terri

Terri Senior Veteran

+562
    Baptist
    Married
    Didn't hear it but was told by a reliable source (my hubby) that President Bush said "peace and security" in his weekly radio message yesterday.

Keep watching!!! :)

12. charlesj

charlesj Member

+0

Terri, are you saying your husband said "peace and security?" :confused:
    I guess you had better "keep watching him!" :D

your servant in Messiah, Jesus,
    charlesj :sleep:

13. charlesj

charlesj Member

+0

14. Terri

Terri Senior Veteran

+562
    Baptist
    Married
    Sorry charlesj that you can't read any better than that--could be the source of some of your problems!! :p

I will be happy to break the sentence down for you if you need me to! :)

15. charlesj

charlesj Member

+0
    Don't take it so hard Terri.... :(

Is is "peace and security," or is it "peace and safety?"

He (your husband) had to have said it. Right?

Or, did he say, "Bush said, xxxxxx and xxxxx." :D

your servant in Messiah, Jesus,
    charlesj

16. RKF

RKF Member

+0

You actually believe that he prays before making decisions. So I suppose bombing afghan. was God will.

What GOd do you think he prays too?

17. StogusMaximus

StogusMaximus Well-Known Member

+7
    Protestant
    If you read the Bible, you will see that God has lead many of His people into war and made them victorious.

18. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

+212
    Christian
    Married
    RKF
    Well, I have never been invited to the White House to witness this. I've read in many interviews that he does. I can't prove it to you, but I believe he does seek God's will.
    But StogusMaximus is right, God has lead many leaders to war, many much more brutal than this one. Read about King David.

19. RKF

RKF Member

+0
    That is a little different. King David was fighting for the Lord's will to be done. Bush is at war for the will of the USA.

20. RKF

RKF Member

+0
    That is quite different, King David was doing God's will for God's people. Bush is fulfilling his own will.
    That doesn't make it God's will. If he was a praying man then why does he allow abortionist kill 4000+ unborn a day in the USA? Amoung many other things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.