Paul and Ezekiel's Visions and NDEs?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Both Paul and Ezekiel testify to seeing into the Heavenly and even being engulfed in the light of life in Paul's testimony. Does this mean we can still have valid Christian experiences like this today? Saul the Pharisee to Paul the Christian kind of experiences/revelations? One in twenty in the US and other well doctored countries have an NDE account with a sighting, usually light and love and Biblical things. Can this be called Christian and examined well?

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've thought so. If they see a great light, it doesn't necessarily mean Godly. Because "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." II Cor 11:14. However, if their lives are changed and they become God focused - which can take awhile - with that lifestyle, then I think the NDE is from Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Can this be called Christian and examined well?
Sure! As well as associated visions and revelations, so long as that Christian remains content after the Apostle of revelations himself throws his charger of water on them all, that is, short of the gift of 'discernment' for all captivating encounters.

", , whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows"

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Light and love are common in NDEs, and horrors, both often lead to a conscience awakening and improved conduct. Many others have no NDE and don't recall anything except maybe time going by.

Some receive the light and love and see a revelation.

Others are suggested to that they lived other lives and instead of meeting God meet a group of sons of God... there is deception. But at life's end and in the afterlife the dominant power is God. Scripture and the experience should match up.

I focus on Ian McCormack and Howard Storm.

One lady nearly had the horrors that Howard reported, she saw her ancestral family in the hospital where she died and they were not light and old, she knew to look away and went into the light and met her young looking ancestors.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We've all read it a number of times, 'Great is the mystery of godliness, ,' Mystery invokes interest, conversely, wherever confusion is evident, godlessness. Lest we forget the ministry is a proactive, affirmative sort that edifies. While the Apostle was one to wade into 'folly' from time to time, I don't think he was short on words in 2 Corinthians 12:3. After all, isn't that the point of 2 Timothy 4:4, to scale back on all sorts of interest (except for the gatherer of lost) to sow in edification?

Upvote 0

Techo

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2023
Melbourne
✟45,399.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Being caught up to see that which is in heaven is not solely reserved for near death. It can happen for some as the Spirit has something to put upon the heart of His people. Not something I can speak to personally but we have had some within our fellowship that have been to heaven in a vision and, in one case that I know of, even seen things they are not permitted to reveal. If this sort of vision happens it is for the Body of Christ. They, in this, are able to present some of the teaching from the Word from a greater understanding of how God sees things... from His perspective.

Also, it is not something any of us should try to pursue. Satan would only be too glad to provide a counterfeit. God, the Holy Spirit, will, if it is in purpose, give visions or dreams but, in consideration of all have been before us, this may be unusual.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not something I can speak to personally but we have had some within our fellowship that have been to heaven in a vision and, in one case that I know of, even seen things they are not permitted to reveal. If this sort of vision happens it is for the Body of Christ.
If we still honor the precept; Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. (1 Corinthians 14:26) How is not speaking of it edifying the Body of Christ except for 'self control'?
They, in this, are able to present some of the teaching from the Word from a greater understanding of how God sees things... from His perspective.
Oh, so they do teach from it. But doesn't that realm of accuracy border on prophesy? If so, then it isn't finalized as 'God's 'perspective' till God's protocol is in place,

Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. (1 Corinthians 14:29)​

But if presented from the get-go as solid revelation, that interpretation is still held to the same text,

What then is it, brothers? When you may come together, each has a, ,revelation, ,an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. (1 Corinthians 14:26)​

Upvote 0

Techo

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2023
Melbourne
✟45,399.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I do not know what was seen in another person's vision. Some of what the brother in my fellowship saw has provided, for him, some clarity on what has been written within scripture and a different perspective in some matters. Every teaching/word must be consistent with scripture and others within the fellowship must also weigh it up to determine that this is the case. It is also possible that some aspects of a vision are not something that is needed to be mentioned within what the Church is currently learning. Some things, as Paul found, are not to be spoken about... at least not at this time anyway.

2Co 12:3 And I know such a man (whether in the body, or apart from the body, I know not; God knoweth),
2Co 12:4 how that he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

John also had stuff he was not allowed to write in Revelation...

Rev 10:4 And when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying, Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

That's just how it is... it's not my revelation that I (or any of us) can say what should or should not be revealed.

I guess, at times, some of these visions are just for the one to whom it is given. It might depend upon the context and what God is bringing within that person or the fellowship in which they are involved. The visions we read about in scripture (Ezekial's, John's etc) may well be the same vision but just seen from a different vantage point or mind set so what they report may have some similiar things but may also have a whole different range of things that were seen.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do not know what was seen in another person's vision. Some of what the brother in my fellowship saw has provided, for him, some clarity on what has been written within scripture and a different perspective in some matters. Every teaching/word must be consistent with scripture and others within the fellowship must also weigh it up to determine that this is the case. It is also possible that some aspects of a vision are not something that is needed to be mentioned within what the Church is currently learning. Some things, as Paul found, are not to be spoken about... at least not at this time anyway.

2Co 12:3 And I know such a man (whether in the body, or apart from the body, I know not; God knoweth),
2Co 12:4 how that he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

John also had stuff he was not allowed to write in Revelation...

Rev 10:4 And when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying, Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

That's just how it is... it's not my revelation that I (or any of us) can say what should or should not be revealed.

I guess, at times, some of these visions are just for the one to whom it is given. It might depend upon the context and what God is bringing within that person or the fellowship in which they are involved. The visions we read about in scripture (Ezekial's, John's etc) may well be the same vision but just seen from a different vantage point or mind set so what they report may have some similiar things but may also have a whole different range of things that were seen.
Hello 'Techno', and welcome to the forum and CF Forum at large! :)

Upvote 0