Patriarch of Ukrainian Orthodox church says COVID is Gods punishment to Gays - then gets it

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The Ukrainian Orthodox church declared via its Patriarch that COVID has arisen as God's punishment to Gays and Lesbians.

This is an awkward position for the church now that it's patriarch has been infected by COVID.

How often have some of our leaders made outrageous statements, that are totally devoid of evidence and facts? Whether it be that COVID is due to homosexuality, or that it can be treated by injecting bleach.

Church leader who called COVID-19 'God's punishment' tests positive

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ukrainian Orthodox church declared via its Patriarch that COVID has arisen as God's punishment to Gays and Lesbians.

This is an awkward position for the church now that it's patriarch has been infected by COVID.

How often have some of our leaders made outrageous statements, that are totally devoid of evidence and facts? Whether it be that COVID is due to homosexuality, or that it can be treated by injecting bleach.

Church leader who called COVID-19 'God's punishment' tests positive

Who said anything about injecting bleach?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
your nations leader.

I mean, to be fair, he didn't explicitly say "inject bleach", he just talked about putting disinfectant into the lungs, right after talking about chemical disinfectants like bleach.

So while it's obvious that this was what he meant, he didn't actually, technically, say those exact words.

Do I think that's really much of a difference, well no.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don't mind I would like to see a quote. If you look it up you will find that he didn't say that.

"So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

Still waiting on the quote about bleach. I didn't actually believe the light treatment at first either but apparently it was a thing.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Still waiting on the quote about bleach. I didn't actually believe the light treatment at first either but apparently it was a thing.

Read post #6 ... I didn't mention "bleach" however, injecting a disinfectant makes sense to you, whether bleach or similar?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read post #6 ... I didn't mention "bleach" however, injecting a disinfectant makes sense to you, whether bleach or similar?

A simple search will show you the answers you need. Look it up for yourself and see if what he said is true and really been used by doctors.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A simple search will show you the answers you need. Look it up for yourself and see if what he said is true and really been used by doctors.

Why is it when you ask for trump's statement it is provided as concerns disinfectants... but you are incapable of posting your answer?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it when you ask for trump's statement it is provided as concerns disinfectants... but you are incapable of posting your answer?

Because regardless you won't believe me but if you fact check me you will find out on your own what the truth is.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because regardless you won't believe me but if you fact check me you will find out on your own what the truth is.

How can I "fact check" you if you don't post anything...further, I would always in such research check multiple legitimate sites. I would always be wary of a singular site on a subject...wouldn't you?

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can I "fact check" you if you don't post anything...further, I would always in such research check multiple legitimate sites. I would always be wary of a singular site on a subject...wouldn't you?

The use of light and disinfectants was actually a thing that was used. It wasn't just something stupid that Trump made up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Why is that awkward?

When God punished King Uzziah with leprosy, they hastily got him out of the vicinity ...

2 Chronicles 26:19 Then Uzziah was wroth, and had a censer in his hand to burn incense: and while he was wroth with the priests, the leprosy even rose up in his forehead before the priests in the house of the LORD, from beside the incense altar.
20 And Azariah the chief priest, and all the priests, looked upon him, and, behold, he was leprous in his forehead, and they thrust him out from thence; yea, himself hasted also to go out, because the LORD had smitten him.

... lest what comes around, goes around.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The use of light and disinfectants was actually a thing that was used. It wasn't just something stupid that Trump made up.

I will await your source that injecting disinfectant is being used....

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The president's words immediately follow what William Bryan said,

"We’re also testing disinfectants readily available. We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus, specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids. And I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes; isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds, and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing — just spraying it on and letting it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster. We’re also looking at other disinfectants, specifically looking at the COVID-19 virus in saliva."

These are the "disinfectants" in context, about which Trump refers in the already quoted statement.

From the full Whitehouse transcript:

"[William Bryan:] We’re also testing disinfectants readily available. We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus, specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids. And I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes; isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds, and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing — just spraying it on and letting it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster. We’re also looking at other disinfectants, specifically looking at the COVID-19 virus in saliva.

This is not the end of our work as we continue to characterize this virus and integrate our findings into practical applications to mitigate exposure and transmission. I would like to thank the President and thank the Vice President for their ongoing support and leadership to the department and for their work in addressing this pandemic. I would also like to thank the scientists, not only in S&T and the NBACC, but to the larger scientific and R&D community.

Thank you very much.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, Bill.

Q Mr. Bryan —

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.
"

The entire transcript can be found at whitehouse.gov
Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing | The White House

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Meme-worthy for all eternity.

Upvote 0