Catholic Church With ‘God Is Trans’ Exhibit to Host ‘Pride Mass’ at New York City Monument

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Would it be possible to form an order of reformed Paulists, like the original founding of the Trappists, Capuchins and Discalced Carmelites, which were reformation movements involving the more strict following of their original rule?
It would be POSSIBLE, and even in these times maybe a good and worthy thing. But I think it would be an uphill battle all the way. Someone like former Paulist Robert Sirico might be able to pull it off. I just don’t know of any other surviving orthodox Paulists out there. The entire machinery of their formation has I think been woke for too long to recognize er from. They were a great congregation with a great founder. It would be wonderful if they could rise from the ashes of their current situation.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

It was obvious from 1985 that the Paulist train wreck was going to happen. Their formation/seminary process went woke back then and the new Paulists were simply not up to being Christian. I was in a parish in Minneapolis that was staffed by the Paulists. At the time they were really big on all Paulist parishes redefining their mission statements. I was on parish council at the time. I proposed elements of a mission statement that emphasized reconciliation. I got shot down in favor of a statement direct from Paulist central casting that emphasized inclusiveness. It was clear that the young Paulists intended that to mean sexual inclusivity.

There were old Paulists in residence in Minneapolis, of the sort that Fr. Isaac Hecker would have wanted. But they were put out to pasture as too old fashioned. The young Paulists had no room for them. Finally the archbishop in St. Paul had no more use for the Paulists either and that parish is now a vibrant Newman Center with exceptional leadership. I had years before moved out of the big city and ended up in a parish that eventually made it to the 'reverent mass' list. Then I moved again. But I saw the ungluing of the Paulists from the Christian faith. What is going on in New York now is no surprise at all.

There was one odd young Paulist in that crowd though, Fr Robert Sirico. I met him when he was a deacon. Something happened to him along the way that caused him to leave the Paulists and end up pretty much a real Catholic and part of the Acton Institute. The rest of them would all be of the sort that would quite naturally host a 'pride mass'. He, with his storied history, you would think should have ended up there too, but he didn't. God's grace can be like that.
I remember once when I was in high school (1976 or 1977) one of my teachers ran a movie for class showing the future and in a small part of the movie it showed two men marrying. I recall the class being appalled. Now people are appalled if you disagree with it.

Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know. As one recently considering return, and attending mass lately - I just can't do it. I can't put a nickle in the collection plate to support what this thing is.

I feel stupid for going back. God forgive me for going against my conscience.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't know. As one recently considering return, and attending mass lately - I just can't do it. I can't put a nickle in the collection plate to support what this thing is.

I feel stupid for going back. God forgive me for going against my conscience.
Pick your parish carefully. For example, just don’t go to a parish like the Paulists run in NYC. I get it that you are out in the boonies and don’t have lots of choices. You will either have to travel or move. Do inform your conscience and then follow it.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand it would be hard to take one's family to a new church and tell them to listen to and obey some things,
and to disregard others. I see that part of the dilemma.

I am older and make choices only for myself now ...
and, while not my preference, I am comfortable with things not being 'black and white', and needing to exercise discernment.
We are living in extraordinary times.

My motivation to do so is love for the Holy Eucharist. And I'm not letting anyone take that away from me.
So ... I can tolerate the current weirdness in the Church. I am highly motivated to do so.

(Let 'em fight and squabble ... I'm going to Mass!)
:oldthumbsup:

Jesus wants for us to love Him with all our heart, and all our soul, and all our mind, and all our strength ...
and He wants us to love our neighbor as ourselves. That is what He asks of us.
We can love as He desires, wherever we go in life ...

Upvote 0