Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Blatant misrepresentation. It is precisely because I HAVE a high opinion of God that I'm sure He wouldn't treat the innocent that way.
Again, divine holiness means that ALL God's actions must be beyond reproach. Subjecting millions or billions of innocents to starvation, disease, death, rape, etc. in their fetal, infantile, or childhood stages is hardly beyond reproach. That is the work of a monster.

But that's the facts. That's what is occurring. To blame that on God is just weird.

My view of Adam affords a solution - the only solution provided in the last 2,000 years, as far as I can see.

Problem is, your view on God is suspect. Plus, you think you're the smartest guy on the planet for the past 2000 years.
My suspicion was correct. You don't have a solution. You prefer to persist in a world view that contradicts the absolute holiness of God. I don't.

I don't blame God for the world's troubles. I blame man. God is holy.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The terms "end of the age" and "last days" were used by Old Testament prophets to speak of the end of the Old Covenant.
That is a concept I have have been looking at lately. Along with the idea the Jews are judged by the law, not Gentiles. But there is this as well
Ge 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
The end days for the Sinai covenant, and the prophetic utterances spoken by Moses concerning them.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is a concept I have have been looking at lately. Along with the idea the Jews are judged by the law, not Gentiles. But there is this as well
Ge 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
The end days for the Sinai covenant, and the prophetic utterances spoken by Moses concerning them.

Exodus 19:6
"And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”

Revelation 1:5-6
"To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But that's the facts. That's what is occurring. To blame that on God is just weird.
Again, blatant misrepresentation. YOUR world view blames it on God. MY view of Adam avoids the issue altogether. This is beginning to look like cheap debating tactics.

Problem is, your view on God is suspect.
Um...I thought none of us here are infallible. But since your view of God is apparently NOT suspect, then you evidently see yourself as infallible.
Plus, you think you're the smartest guy on the planet for the past 2000 years.
And you don't see the irony of that statement?

Besides, I already told you, I'm not alone here. When you poo-poo my view of Adam, ergo Millard J. Erickson's as well. I take it you are applying all this empty rhetoric to him as well?

I don't blame God for the world's troubles. I blame man. God is holy.
No, actually your world view places the blame squarely on God's shoulders. Mine - and Erickson's - does not.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is a concept I have have been looking at lately. Along with the idea the Jews are judged by the law, not Gentiles.

Some Gentiles were judged by the law too, those who submitted to it while it was still in effect. Nobody is judged by that law today as it is no longer in effect.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Some Gentiles were judged by the law too, those who submitted to it while it was still in effect. Nobody is judged by that law today as it is no longer in effect.
Only the circumcision were subject to the whole law.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Again, blatant misrepresentation. YOUR world view blames it on God. MY view of Adam avoids the issue altogether. This is beginning to look like cheap debating tactics.

I have specifically stated I don't blame God for that. You can't pin your misconceptions about what I think on me with all of the foot stomping in the world.

Besides, I already told you, I'm not alone here. When you poo-poo my view of Adam, ergo Millard J. Erickson's as well. I take it you are applying all this empty rhetoric to him as well?

No, actually your world view places the blame squarely on God's shoulders. Mine - and Erickson's - does not.

I don't care what some men say about it. I care about what the scriptures say. And they don't say that all of the evil in the world is God's fault.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Only the circumcision were subject to the whole law.

We have clear examples of God telling the Jews that if a "stranger" were to submit to the law, he was to be accepted and treated as if he were one of them.

Leviticus 19:34

'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Exodus 12:49

"The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you."

Leviticus 24:22

'There shall be one standard for you; it shall be for the stranger as well as the native, for I am the LORD your God.'"

Numbers 9:14

'If an alien sojourns among you and observes the Passover to the LORD, according to the statute of the Passover and according to its ordinance, so he shall do; you shall have one statute, both for the alien and for the native of the land.'"

Numbers 15:14

'If an alien sojourns with you, or one who may be among you throughout your generations, and he wishes to make an offering by fire, as a soothing aroma to the LORD, just as you do so he shall do.

There are a bunch more.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
John spoke concerning the prophetic utterances of wrath of curses spoken by Moses.
Mt 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Lu 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 21:23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Ro 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We have clear examples of God telling the Jews that if a "stranger" were to submit to the law, he was to be accepted and treated as if he were one of them.

Leviticus 19:34

'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Exodus 12:49

"The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you."

Leviticus 24:22

'There shall be one standard for you; it shall be for the stranger as well as the native, for I am the LORD your God.'"

Numbers 9:14

'If an alien sojourns among you and observes the Passover to the LORD, according to the statute of the Passover and according to its ordinance, so he shall do; you shall have one statute, both for the alien and for the native of the land.'"

Numbers 15:14

'If an alien sojourns with you, or one who may be among you throughout your generations, and he wishes to make an offering by fire, as a soothing aroma to the LORD, just as you do so he shall do.

There are a bunch more.
Yes there are a bunch more. They become as if they were native born.

Ex 12:48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.
Some of those one law commands for strangers are only as long as they are dwelling in the land, not when they are not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have specifically stated I don't blame God for that. You can't pin your misconceptions about what I think on me with all of the foot stomping in the world.
Obviously. The blame is not explicit, it is by IMPLICATION. It is the unavoidable extrapolation of an inadequate theory of Adam.
I don't care what some men say about it. I care about what the scriptures say. And they don't say that all of the evil in the world is God's fault.
That's hyperbolic - it's yet another misrepresentation of my objection - and thus irrelevant. Ignored.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
John spoke concerning the prophetic utterances of wrath of curses spoken by Moses.
Mt 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Which was uttered before the law was abolished through Christ's sacrifice.

Lu 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 21:23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Again, before the law was abolished. So those people would be judged by the law they were under and by their refusal to accept the gospel.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes there are a bunch more. They become as if they were native born.

Ex 12:48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.
Some of those one law commands for strangers are only as long as they are dwelling in the land, not when they are not.

Clearly, there are passages about the sojourner, one who travels with them but does not necessarily stay with them. Once they submitted to the law, it didn't matter where they went.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everything is wrong with a pioneering view and the Bible teaches that it's wrong.
This is what I'm talking about - empty rhetoric. Most theologians ambition to pioneer new findings, insights, and solutions overlooked by previous exegetes. But you are quick to distort my words as a springboard for disparaging rhetoric.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is what I'm talking about - empty rhetoric. Most theologians ambition to pioneer new findings, insights, and solutions overlooked by previous exegetes. But you are quick to distort my words as a springboard for disparaging rhetoric.

You have already yourself admitted that your view is so novel that nobody except you has figured it out in the past 2000 years. Your own words convict you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have already yourself admitted that your view is so novel that nobody except you has figured it out in the past 2000 years. Your own words convict you.
What's your point? That you and the rest of the church are infallible? That no one in our present generation, such as I myself, could find something that you - and all preceding generations - missed?

I happen to LIKE the fact that a reformation occurred. I LIKE the fact that men like Martin Luther and John Calvin believed in progress - they believed that 1500 years worth of preceding generations could still be in the wrong on some issues.

Why do you regard yourself - and the preceding generations - as infallible? Because that seems to be what you're implying.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Plus, you think you're the smartest guy on the planet for the past 2000 years.
Actually I've always characterized my theologizing as brainless work. It's an idiot-level critique of traditional thinking based on the following observation. From what I've seen, all traditional theologians honor the law of non-contradiction only to a point - the point at which it conflicts with their own foundational set of assumptions presumed non-negotiable. A sample set of such assumptions is that God is infinite, immutable, impassible, incorruptible,immaterial, infinitely powerful, omnipresent (etc, etc, etc). These theologians refuse to entertain the possibility that some of these foundational assumptions themselves might be mutually conflicting. That's where I step in. It's brainless work.

Upvote 0

JAL

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
Visit site
✟343,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Re-incarnation and other things not taught in the scripture. I'll have to agree with you.
Any valid treatment of Adam implies reincarnation. You've opted for a self-contradictory theodicy rather than admit that fact. That's your prerogative.

Here's what I know - any self-contradictory theology cannot be a valid interpretation of Scripture. You claim to accept Scripture but, implicitly, you've already rejected it. I'll go with Scripture.

Re-incarnation and other things not taught in the scripture. I'll have to agree with you.
Implicitly. The word Trinity isn't "taught in scripture" - it is IMPLIED by the facts.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Which was uttered before the law was abolished through Christ's sacrifice.

Again, before the law was abolished. So those people would be judged by the law they were under and by their refusal to accept the gospel.
Yes. The wrath that John preached was coming on the Jew, because they are judged by the law. Gentiles however are also spoken of concerning this because of how the uncircumcised (in heart) nations treat All Israel when the curses comes upon them. We die apart from the law.
29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

John preached the escape from the wrath that was coming....
Deut 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,

The escape......
6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.

***To the Jew first
Ga 3:10 For as
many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

***Then the Gentile
Ga 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Last edited:
Upvote 0