Pat Robertson advocates 'stoning' for UFO enthusiasts.

Vastavus

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be
Jan 12, 2005
South Eastern Michigan
✟9,259.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Robertson advocates 'stoning'
for UFO enthusiasts
by Skipp Porteous

FREEDOM WRITER PRESS RELEASE

Great Barrington, MA -- In a recent pronouncement, television evangelist and head of the Christian Coalition, Pat Robertson, advocated death by stoning for UFO enthusiasts.

Freedom Writer magazine, in its July/August issue, mailed today, disclosed Robertson's statement. Freedom Writer is published by the Institute for First Amendment Studies, a group that monitors the right.

Robertson used the news of the July 4th Mars landing to promote his extreme beliefs. A segment on the July 8, 1997 broadcast of The 700 Club featured news of the Mars Pathfinder mission. Employing the historical event as a starting point, the program delved into the possibility of the existence of UFOs and space aliens.

While Robertson viewed the space program with suspicion, on a more serious note, he launched into a diatribe against those who entertain the existence of space aliens and UFOs. He said, in a rambling discourse, that if such things exist, they are simply demons trying to lead people away from Christ.

According to Robertson, the threat is so serious that people who believe in space aliens should be put to death by stoning -- according to "God's word."
"The Bible says the Earth belongs to man, but the heavens belong to the Lord," Robertson said.

"He has given us the Earth. He also warned, way back when Moses was writing down not only what is the Ten Commandments, but Deuteronomy, which is almost the Second Law.

"Here is what he said to the children of Israel about this whole matter:

"'If there is found among you, within any of your gates which the Lord your God gives you, a man or a woman who has been wicked in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing His covenant, who has gone and served other gods and worshipped them, either the sun or moon or any of the hosts of heaven which I have not commanded you, and you hear of it, then you shall inquire diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain that such an abomination has been committed in Israel, then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has committed that wicked thing, and stone to death that man or woman with stones.'" (Deuteronomy 17:2-5, NKJV)

"Now, that's what Moses said to the children of Israel about those who worship the sun and the moon and the hosts of heaven, because these things, at best, are lifeless nothings, or, if they are intelligent, they're demonic. And, yes, there is a host of heaven. There are angels and there are fallen angels. There is no question about it."

"Can a demon appear as a slanty-eyed, funny-looking creature? Of course he can, or it can. Of course they can deceive people. And if they can lead somebody away from the true God, or away from Jesus Christ, anyway it happens, it doesn't matter, you will lose your salvation. It doesn't matter how they get you. The question is, did they get you, and under what guise?

"This is man in rebellion against God, who refuses to take God's Law. And God says, 'My covenant says you won't do this. And if I find anybody in Israel,'-- "which is his pure nation" -- 'If I find anybody in Israel that's doing this sort of thing, then I want you to take him out and dispose of him."

"It's a clear violation of God's word."

Skipp Porteous, Freedom Writer publisher, commented: "As the founder and chairman of the Christian Coalition -- a group dedicated to becoming the most powerful political force in America -- Robertson's extreme ideas need to be taken seriously, for they not only negate pluralism, but condemn to death those who dare to believe differently."

I am skeptical as the next guy when it comes 'UFO sightings'. But seriously, calling for the death of these people by stoning?

"According to Robertson, the threat is so serious that people who believe in space aliens should be put to death by stoning"

I don't even know what to say.

Vastavus

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be
Jan 12, 2005
South Eastern Michigan
✟9,259.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where does he say we should stone UFO belivers???...

I mean ex "...We should stone those UFO crazys..."

He quoted Deuteronomy...

"'If there is found among you, within any of your gates which the Lord your God gives you, a man or a woman who has been wicked in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing His covenant, who has gone and served other gods and worshipped them, either the sun or moon or any of the hosts of heaven which I have not commanded you, and you hear of it, then you shall inquire diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain that such an abomination has been committed in Israel, then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has committed that wicked thing, and stone to death that man or woman with stones.'" (Deuteronomy 17:2-5, NKJV)

...and then said...

"This is man in rebellion against God, who refuses to take God's Law. And God says, 'My covenant says you won't do this. And if I find anybody in Israel,'-- "which is his pure nation" -- 'If I find anybody in Israel that's doing this sort of thing, then I want you to take him out and dispose of him."

Comprende?

(CHRISTIAN FORUMS...EN ESPAÑOL!)

Upvote 0

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Vastavus said:
for UFO enthusiasts
by Skipp Porteous

Great Barrington, MA -- In a recent pronouncement, television evangelist and head of the Christian Coalition, Pat Robertson, advocated death by stoning for UFO enthusiasts.

Freedom Writer magazine, in its July/August issue, mailed today, disclosed Robertson's statement. Freedom Writer is published by the Institute for First Amendment Studies, a group that monitors the right.

Robertson used the news of the July 4th Mars landing to promote his extreme beliefs. A segment on the July 8, 1997 broadcast of The 700 Club featured news of the Mars Pathfinder mission. Employing the historical event as a starting point, the program delved into the possibility of the existence of UFOs and space aliens.

While Robertson viewed the space program with suspicion, on a more serious note, he launched into a diatribe against those who entertain the existence of space aliens and UFOs. He said, in a rambling discourse, that if such things exist, they are simply demons trying to lead people away from Christ.

According to Robertson, the threat is so serious that people who believe in space aliens should be put to death by stoning -- according to "God's word."
"The Bible says the Earth belongs to man, but the heavens belong to the Lord," Robertson said.

"He has given us the Earth. He also warned, way back when Moses was writing down not only what is the Ten Commandments, but Deuteronomy, which is almost the Second Law.

"Now, that's what Moses said to the children of Israel about those who worship the sun and the moon and the hosts of heaven, because these things, at best, are lifeless nothings, or, if they are intelligent, they're demonic. And, yes, there is a host of heaven. There are angels and there are fallen angels. There is no question about it."

"Can a demon appear as a slanty-eyed, funny-looking creature? Of course he can, or it can. Of course they can deceive people. And if they can lead somebody away from the true God, or away from Jesus Christ, anyway it happens, it doesn't matter, you will lose your salvation. It doesn't matter how they get you. The question is, did they get you, and under what guise?

Skipp Porteous, Freedom Writer publisher, commented: "As the founder and chairman of the Christian Coalition -- a group dedicated to becoming the most powerful political force in America -- Robertson's extreme ideas need to be taken seriously, for they not only negate pluralism, but condemn to death those who dare to believe differently."

I am skeptical as the next guy when it comes 'UFO sightings'. But seriously, calling for the death of these people by stoning?

"According to Robertson, the threat is so serious that people who believe in space aliens should be put to death by stoning"

Welll some probably do get stoned...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Pat's a nut and an embarrassment to the Christian community but he deserves to be treated fairly.

First of all, how is it that he would have made such an outrageious statement eight years ago and it just be coming to light now?

Given all of the public animosity toward Robertson, not to mention that this statement was made much closer to his failed run for president, when he still had some political capital, why hasn't anyone else noticed these statements before now?

For that matter, what is the significance of a statement made eight years ago?

Where in the piece does he criticize the space program? Where does he say that people who believe in UFOs should be stoned?

Is it really fair to the Christian Coalition to try to paint them in an unfavorable light by tying them to these comments and claiming that Pat Robertson is the Coalition's head, when the truth is, he resigned four years ago and, even during the ninties, when these statements were allegedly made, he was only a figurehead with the organization, with Ralph Reed acting as the head of the CC?

Upvote 0

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Vastavus said:
for UFO enthusiasts
by Skipp Porteous

May the little grey men abduct him and experiment on him if he advocates stoning for sins of anyone.^_^
Jesus died for the people's sins according to the Bible which means the old practice of stoning must be put away.
If the aliens are demons, then the demons should pay for leading people astray and the others will pay by the hand of God if they are wrong. I am more for the aliens being the same as the Nephilim, which would basically equate they aren't much better than demons--but I see no reason to stone anyone for believing in alien abductions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SuperBee

Veteran
Jan 11, 2005
New Hampshire
✟9,618.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Are we sure he didn't really say, "those that believe in UFO's ARE stoned"?
Perhaps the 'interpretation' of what was meant is wrong.

pat_robertson_700_club.jpg

(I know I could have done better with Photoshop, but whatever. :p)

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Vastavus said:

Is it possible that Pat Robertson has been trolling all along, and when we kept biting, he decided to start getting REALLY silly?

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
12volt_man said:
Is it really fair to the Christian Coalition to try to paint them in an unfavorable light by tying them to these comments and claiming that Pat Robertson is the Coalition's head, when the truth is, he resigned four years ago and, even during the ninties, when these statements were allegedly made, he was only a figurehead with the organization, with Ralph Reed acting as the head of the CC?

Yes, it's fair, unless they repudiate the connection. Otherwise, they are still tied fairly closely to him.

Look at the dozens of threads here saying that it's fair to condemn Muslims unless all the moderate Muslim imams openly condemn violence. People who have an apparent affiliation and do not disavow it are reasonably seen as connected.

Upvote 0