United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1989_LAWANANDIMI.jpg

Lawan used the video his terrorist captors took of him to declare his trust in a good God.
Feb. 13, 2020 | Nigeria
A pastor executed by Boko Haram militants left an inspiring legacy in the form of a hostage video. The Reverend Lawan Andimi was kidnapped from his village in Adamawa state on Jan. 2, 2020. While most villagers were able to escape, the pastor was taken in what appeared to be a targeted kidnapping. On Jan. 7, the pastor’s captors forced him to record a video from his place of captivity. With the black flag of the Islamic State West African Province hanging behind his shoulder, Lawan said, “I have never been discouraged, because all conditions that one finds himself in is the hands of God. … By the grace of God, I will be together with my wife, my children and my colleagues. [But] if the opportunity has not been granted, maybe it is the will of God.” Confident in his eternal hope, Lawan was beheaded by his captors on Jan. 20. “It is possible that he knew this might be his last message to his family, which is why he asked them not to cry or worry, but to thank God for everything,” a VOM worker in Nigeria said. Pray for the pastor’s family, and pray that his boldness may soften the hearts of his killers.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
1989_LAWANANDIMI.jpg

Lawan used the video his terrorist captors took of him to declare his trust in a good God.
Feb. 13, 2020 | Nigeria
A pastor executed by Boko Haram militants left an inspiring legacy in the form of a hostage video. The Reverend Lawan Andimi was kidnapped from his village in Adamawa state on Jan. 2, 2020. While most villagers were able to escape, the pastor was taken in what appeared to be a targeted kidnapping. On Jan. 7, the pastor’s captors forced him to record a video from his place of captivity. With the black flag of the Islamic State West African Province hanging behind his shoulder, Lawan said, “I have never been discouraged, because all conditions that one finds himself in is the hands of God. … By the grace of God, I will be together with my wife, my children and my colleagues. [But] if the opportunity has not been granted, maybe it is the will of God.” Confident in his eternal hope, Lawan was beheaded by his captors on Jan. 20. “It is possible that he knew this might be his last message to his family, which is why he asked them not to cry or worry, but to thank God for everything,” a VOM worker in Nigeria said. Pray for the pastor’s family, and pray that his boldness may soften the hearts of his killers.

Wow!!!!

His blood and his thankfulness and faithfulness is truly precious in the sight of God.

Upvote 0