Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Everyone probably remembers that Baltimore Publix schools are some of the worst in the nation. Those unaware of just how bad they were might have learned this fact from a story about a student who graduated at the middle of his high school class despite failing every subject except physical education. Baltimore public schools aren't exactly underfunded....they take in about 1.6 billion in funding annually. The top education official makes over 400k a year. Yet despite this....Baltimore public schools are performing so poorly that they literally hid students' performances from the public....

“Instead of coming clean and saying that they failed the students of Baltimore City and students across the state, they're trying to hide it, and now they're piling lies on why they're hiding it,” Kennedy told Project Baltimore.

Here’s what happened. In January, the state uploaded a spreadsheet to its website, containing detailed state test results from last school year. Project Baltimore downloaded the spreadsheet and began analyzing the data.

Fox45 News was first to report the results on social media in late January. Soon after, MSDE removed the data from its website.

Apparently, these public servants aren't only bad at teaching... they forgot how the internet works. Once you put it online and people start sharing it....it's far too late to go back and change it. Yet that's exactly what they tried to do. Where performance indicators once were...asterisks replaced them.

So how bad are Baltimore public schools? 23 schools didn't have even 1 student proficient in math. The best school in Baltimore only had about 25% of students proficient in math. The second best had about 13% proficient in math.

I recall a brief discussion of priorities during the height of the BLM scam....where people would point out that concerns about unlawful killings of black people by police should be a secondary concern to unlawful killings of black people by other black people...since one was literally thousands every year and the other was typically less than a dozen. Similarly, concerns about sexualizing children in the classroom and exploring gender identity in kindergarten shouldn't even be a possibility until our schools were graduating children who could read, write, and do math.

Yet, the Democrats seem to think grades are racist...and it's best if we do away with them altogether.

And if you think this is just a few goofy professors or the ultra leftist state of California....consider the National Educators Association's view of standardized tests....

Since their inception almost a century ago, the tests have been instruments of racism and a biased system. Decades of research demonstrate that Black, Latin(o/a/x), and Native students, as well as students from some Asian groups, experience bias from standardized tests administered from early childhood through college.

That's a shocking and counterintuitive statement. Without standardized tests...how would we know which students learned the material, and which teachers are effective? It seems to me an excuse to hide the fact that the left no longer cares about anyone's public education. However, Anti-racist grifter Ibrahim X Kendi disagrees...

"We still think there’s something wrong with the kids rather than recognizing their something wrong with the tests," Ibram X. Kendi of the Antiracist Research & Policy Center at Boston University and author of How to be an Antiracist said in October 2020. "Standardized tests have become the most effective racist weapon ever devised to objectively degrade Black and Brown minds and legally exclude their bodies from prestigious schools."

Kendi would know....if he spent any of the 43$ million his Anti-racist grifting center acquired for research on doing any actual research...

As it stands, I'm not inclined to believe the racist theories of this new generation of race hustlers just because some are foolish enough to hand them large piles of money. This appears to be an attempt by the Democratic Party to hide the fact that they not only don't care about public education anymore....they think it's a vehicle funneling taxpayer money to political allies and interest groups.

Thoughts?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone probably remembers that Baltimore Publix schools are some of the worst in the nation. Those unaware of just how bad they were might have learned this fact from a story about a student who graduated at the middle of his high school class despite failing every subject except physical education. Baltimore public schools aren't exactly underfunded....they take in about 1.6 billion in funding annually. The top education official makes over 400k a year. Yet despite this....Baltimore public schools are performing so poorly that they literally hid students' performances from the public....

“Instead of coming clean and saying that they failed the students of Baltimore City and students across the state, they're trying to hide it, and now they're piling lies on why they're hiding it,” Kennedy told Project Baltimore.

Here’s what happened. In January, the state uploaded a spreadsheet to its website, containing detailed state test results from last school year. Project Baltimore downloaded the spreadsheet and began analyzing the data.

Fox45 News was first to report the results on social media in late January. Soon after, MSDE removed the data from its website.

Apparently, these public servants aren't only bad at teaching... they forgot how the internet works. Once you put it online and people start sharing it....it's far too late to go back and change it. Yet that's exactly what they tried to do. Where performance indicators once were...asterisks replaced them.

So how bad are Baltimore public schools? 23 schools didn't have even 1 student proficient in math. The best school in Baltimore only had about 25% of students proficient in math. The second best had about 13% proficient in math.

I recall a brief discussion of priorities during the height of the BLM scam....where people would point out that concerns about unlawful killings of black people by police should be a secondary concern to unlawful killings of black people by other black people...since one was literally thousands every year and the other was typically less than a dozen. Similarly, concerns about sexualizing children in the classroom and exploring gender identity in kindergarten shouldn't even be a possibility until our schools were graduating children who could read, write, and do math.

Yet, the Democrats seem to think grades are racist...and it's best if we do away with them altogether.

And if you think this is just a few goofy professors or the ultra leftist state of California....consider the National Educators Association's view of standardized tests....

Since their inception almost a century ago, the tests have been instruments of racism and a biased system. Decades of research demonstrate that Black, Latin(o/a/x), and Native students, as well as students from some Asian groups, experience bias from standardized tests administered from early childhood through college.

That's a shocking and counterintuitive statement. Without standardized tests...how would we know which students learned the material, and which teachers are effective? It seems to me an excuse to hide the fact that the left no longer cares about anyone's public education. However, Anti-racist grifter Ibrahim X Kendi disagrees...

"We still think there’s something wrong with the kids rather than recognizing their something wrong with the tests," Ibram X. Kendi of the Antiracist Research & Policy Center at Boston University and author of How to be an Antiracist said in October 2020. "Standardized tests have become the most effective racist weapon ever devised to objectively degrade Black and Brown minds and legally exclude their bodies from prestigious schools."

Kendi would know....if he spent any of the 43$ million his Anti-racist grifting center acquired for research on doing any actual research...

As it stands, I'm not inclined to believe the racist theories of this new generation of race hustlers just because some are foolish enough to hand them large piles of money. This appears to be an attempt by the Democratic Party to hide the fact that they not only don't care about public education anymore....they think it's a vehicle funneling taxpayer money to political allies and interest groups.

Thoughts?
With regard to subject matter, I don't give a whit about "racist subjects" such as "math is racist."

Not even getting into a debate about whether or not racism can be applied to mathematics, my response is "so what?" I can more easily argue that speaking English is racist (it's certainly European), but if speaking English is a brick in the road to a pleasant life in this society...then learn it like all the other ESL folk.

This is like when standardized testing was introduced into the Air Force promotion system. Black airmen said, "I just have to learn the stuff in these books and I'll get promoted? Sweet!" That was a heck of a lot more possible than the earlier requirements, which included being white.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
With regard to subject matter, I don't give a whit about "racist subjects" such as "math is racist."

Not even getting into a debate about whether or not racism can be applied to mathematics, my response is "so what?" I can more easily argue that speaking English is racist (it's certainly European), but if speaking English is a brick in the road to a pleasant life in this society...then learn it like all the other ESL folk.

This is like when standardized testing was introduced into the Air Force promotion system. Black airmen said, "I just have to learn the stuff in these books and I'll get promoted? Sweet!" That was a heck of a lot more possible than the earlier requirements, which included being white.

Thanks for replying to the thread RDKirk.

It seems like the troubles in our education system have taken a backseat these days to troubles on the international stage.

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for replying to the thread RDKirk.

It seems like the troubles in our education system have taken a backseat these days to troubles on the international stage.
I would say that ANY trouble where the political left is to blame, takes a back seat, or is completely ignored by mainstream media.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would say that ANY trouble where the political left is to blame, takes a back seat, or is completely ignored by mainstream media.

They certainly try to spin it if they can't avoid it. I had a thread back in 2021 comparing the media's treatment of Trump's orderly and bloodless withdrawal from heavily Kurdish regions...and the international embarrassment of the Afghanistan withdrawal....and it's pretty wild. The criticism of Trump for "abandoning our Kurdish allies" meanwhile Biden's withdrawal has our allies literally hanging from the landing gear and dropping onto the runway because the allies we left behind are being tortured and murdered and criticism of Biden was so mild...or deflected to Trump lol.

And that's pretty much been the mainstream news for this administration.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They certainly try to spin it if they can't avoid it. I had a thread back in 2021 comparing the media's treatment of Trump's orderly and bloodless withdrawal from heavily Kurdish regions...and the international embarrassment of the Afghanistan withdrawal....and it's pretty wild. The criticism of Trump for "abandoning our Kurdish allies" meanwhile Biden's withdrawal has our allies literally hanging from the landing gear and dropping onto the runway because the allies we left behind are being tortured and murdered and criticism of Biden was so mild...or deflected to Trump lol.

And that's pretty much been the mainstream news for this administration.
I have no trouble saying, "A pox on both their houses."

I think the US withdrawals from both Syria and Afghanistan were necessary but poorly executed. The biggest problem in both of them was failure to evacuate the local people who aided the US most intimately. They should have been on the same planes as the units they were embedded with.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0