North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Passover 2021 begins Saturday, March 27, at sunset & ends Sunday, April 4, at nightfall

Passover week: Christ triumphal entry is on Nisan 10, Christ is killed on Nisan 14, then 3 day's later He's is resurrected.

Lev 23: (to shorten post I paraphrased vs 1-5)
1 the LORD spake to Moses & Aaron in Egypt, saying,

2 The month of Nisan shall be the 1st month of the year to you.

3 On the 10th day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb:
(MY NOTE: The passover lamb is chosen on Nisan 10)

5 Your lamb shall be without blemish:
(MY NOTE: Jesus was sinless 2 Cor 5:21, Heb 4:15, 1 Jn 3:5 1 Pet 1:19, 1 Pet 2:22)

6 Ye shall keep it up until the 14th day of the same month & kill it in the evening.
(MY NOTE The Passover lamb is to be killed on Nisan 14. Jesus approximate Nisan 14 timeline: Day begins at sundown. Jesus eats his last supper with his 12 chosen (7-9pm). They go the Garden of Gethsemane & Jesus prays (9pm -midnight) He is arrested (midnight) the Priests accuse, abuse & condemn Him (midnight-6am). He's taken to Pilate questioned, abused, scourged & sentenced to death (6am til 8am). Nailed to the cross (9am) suffers til & dies at (3pm) all on Nisan 14.)

7 The 1st day will be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
(MY NOTE: Holy convocation: Hebrew: holy = set apart/sanctified/called out. H6942 - qadash - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon (NASB). Hebrew: convocation = rehearsal/recital. H4744 מקרא - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon. Holy convocation - A set apart rehearsal. Yearly for aprox 1500 yrs the Nation of Israel rehearsed Messiah's coming sin payment death)

1 Cor 5:7 (C) For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
(MY NOTE: Christ is our Passover sacrifice/lamb)

Ex 12:43-48. No foreigners, servants, sojourners or strangers could partake in the in the Passover meal unless they were circumcised. (Also see Gen 17:7-14)
(MY NOTE: Only people under the covenant of circumcision were allowed to eat the Passover meal)

1 Cor 11:27 Who ever eats this bread, & drinks this cup of the Lord, unworthily, will be guilty of the body & blood of the Lord
(MY NOTE: I've seen many people/teachers/preachers tie/force sin into this verse. Jesus who gave the ordinance, PAID, for the believers sins. This verse is warning NON-believers/anyone that hasn't been sealed with Christ New covenant indwelling Holy Spirit. Uncircumcised were forbidden to partake in the OT & NON-believers are not to partake in this NT ordinance)

Ex 12:14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.
(MY NOTE: This day shall be MEMORIAL = a reminder/record or chronicle of redemption)

1 Cor 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me
(MY NOTE: Do this in REMEMBRANCE of Me & My: Finished sin redemptive payment/work)

Passover & The Lords Supper are God given ordinance's = Decree/laws given as as memorial/remembrance, of REDEMPTION!

For Jews, deliverance from slavery & 10th plague/angel of death. For Christians deliverance from sin & death. (Ex 12:26,27)

Like Passover the Last Supper ended with the singing Hallel hymns (Ps 113-118 - Mat 26:30 & Mk 14:26)

Jn 6:53-58 Speaks to the importance of our partaking

As to how often: I believe Acts 20:7 suggest weekly, as does Lev 24:9 & 1 Chron 9:32.

Christ death shadows Temple tradition:
At 9am on Nisan 14 the Temple Priest tied the lamb to a stake to be sacrificed. The Priest then blows the shofar (rams horn/trump). So all the people knew the chosen lamb is prepared to be sacrificed.

Early Nisan 14 God's sinless Lamb/Christ was carrying his cross, marching up the hill to Calvary. At 9am (Mk 15:25) on Nisan 14 Jesus the Lamb of God is tied and nailed to the cross.

At 3pm on Nisan 14 the Temple Priest brings a sharp knife and kills the sinless lamb. The Priest then blows the shofar (rams horn/trump). So, all the people know the passover lamb as been sacrificed/killed.

At 3pm (Mk 15:33) on Nisan 14 Jesus Christ hears the Temple trump and in a loud voice (Jn 19:28 & 30) Jesus proclaims: tetelestai/It is FINISHED. Tetelestai/also an accounting term meaning Completed/Paid in Full.

Parsing a High Day:
John 18:28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.
(MY NOTE: Jesus is taken to the Roman/gentile Hall of Judgment on Passover/Nisan 14 (the day the lamb was killed). Before the Passover/Seder Meal was to be eaten on Nisan 15)

John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that Nisan 15 was a Sabbath - High Day) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
(MY NOTE: Vs 31, For that sabbath was a "HIGH DAY". Although treated as a Sabbath, a High Day is not necessarily the 7th day of the week. High Day - 6 of the 7 possible days Nisan 15 falls on are High (sabbath) Days. A High Sabbath is the 1st day of the 7 day Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Jesus died on Passover/Nisan 14. EVERY Nisan 14 is always a DAY OF PREPATATION, for the Seder meal eaten on Nisan 15/always treated as a Sabbath even when it doesn't fall on day 7. Jesus was removed from the cross on Nisan 14/day of preparation before sunset 6-7pm).

Nisan 14 Passover (day of preparation) began, Wed evening 7p til 7a.
Nisan 14 Thur morning 7a til 7p: 9a nailed to the Cross & 3pm Jesus dies/He is immediately in the spirit realm = day 1 in the belly of the earth.

Nisan 15 Thurs (high Sabbath) evening 7p til 7a: Jesus is in the grave = 12 hrs night 1
Nisan 15 Fri (high Sabbath) morning 7a til 7p: = 12 hrs day 2

Nisan 16 Fri evening (Sabbath) 7p til 7a: = 12 hrs night 2
Nisan 16 Sat morning (Sabbath) 7a til 7p: = 12 hrs day 3

Nisan 17 Sat evening 7p til 7a: (1st day of the week) any amount of time after 7p before 7a = night 3 (Resurrection Day)
Nisan 17 Sun morning 7a til 7p: Disciples encounter risen Jesus Matt 28:1-10.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wonder how other Torah observant believers celebrate Passover in the dispersal. As for me, I don't eat yeast anyway. I can't know if lamb at the grocery store is male or not so don't eat lamb. What I personally do is make a donation in memorial of Passover, to my favorite Christian charity.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Passover 2021 begins Saturday, March 27, at sunset & ends Sunday, April 4, at nightfall

Passover week: Christ triumphal entry is on Nisan 10, Christ is killed on Nisan 14, then 3 day's later He's is resurrected.

Lev 23: (to shorten post I paraphrased vs 1-5)
1 the LORD spake to Moses & Aaron in Egypt, saying,

2 The month of Nisan shall be the 1st month of the year to you.

3 On the 10th day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb:
(MY NOTE: The passover lamb is chosen on Nisan 10)

5 Your lamb shall be without blemish:
(MY NOTE: Jesus was sinless 2 Cor 5:21, Heb 4:15, 1 Jn 3:5 1 Pet 1:19, 1 Pet 2:22)

6 Ye shall keep it up until the 14th day of the same month & kill it in the evening.
(MY NOTE The Passover lamb is to be killed on Nisan 14. Jesus approximate Nisan 14 timeline: Day begins at sundown. Jesus eats his last supper with his 12 chosen (7-9pm). They go the Garden of Gethsemane & Jesus prays (9pm -midnight) He is arrested (midnight) the Priests accuse, abuse & condemn Him (midnight-6am). He's taken to Pilate questioned, abused, scourged & sentenced to death (6am til 8am). Nailed to the cross (9am) suffers til & dies at (3pm) all on Nisan 14.)

7 The 1st day will be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
(MY NOTE: Holy convocation: Hebrew: holy = set apart/sanctified/called out. H6942 - qadash - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon (NASB). Hebrew: convocation = rehearsal/recital. H4744 מקרא - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon. Holy convocation - A set apart rehearsal. Yearly for aprox 1500 yrs the Nation of Israel rehearsed Messiah's coming sin payment death)

1 Cor 5:7 (C) For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
(MY NOTE: Christ is our Passover sacrifice/lamb)

Ex 12:43-48. No foreigners, servants, sojourners or strangers could partake in the in the Passover meal unless they were circumcised. (Also see Gen 17:7-14)
(MY NOTE: Only people under the covenant of circumcision were allowed to eat the Passover meal)

1 Cor 11:27 Who ever eats this bread, & drinks this cup of the Lord, unworthily, will be guilty of the body & blood of the Lord
(MY NOTE: I've seen many people/teachers/preachers tie/force sin into this verse. Jesus who gave the ordinance, PAID, for the believers sins. This verse is warning NON-believers/anyone that hasn't been sealed with Christ New covenant indwelling Holy Spirit. Uncircumcised were forbidden to partake in the OT & NON-believers are not to partake in this NT ordinance)

Ex 12:14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.
(MY NOTE: This day shall be MEMORIAL = a reminder/record or chronicle of redemption)

1 Cor 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me
(MY NOTE: Do this in REMEMBRANCE of Me & My: Finished sin redemptive payment/work)

Passover & The Lords Supper are God given ordinance's = Decree/laws given as as memorial/remembrance, of REDEMPTION!

For Jews, deliverance from slavery & 10th plague/angel of death. For Christians deliverance from sin & death. (Ex 12:26,27)

Like Passover the Last Supper ended with the singing Hallel hymns (Ps 113-118 - Mat 26:30 & Mk 14:26)

Jn 6:53-58 Speaks to the importance of our partaking

As to how often: I believe Acts 20:7 suggest weekly, as does Lev 24:9 & 1 Chron 9:32.

Christ death shadows Temple tradition:
At 9am on Nisan 14 the Temple Priest tied the lamb to a stake to be sacrificed. The Priest then blows the shofar (rams horn/trump). So all the people knew the chosen lamb is prepared to be sacrificed.

Early Nisan 14 God's sinless Lamb/Christ was carrying his cross, marching up the hill to Calvary. At 9am (Mk 15:25) on Nisan 14 Jesus the Lamb of God is tied and nailed to the cross.

At 3pm on Nisan 14 the Temple Priest brings a sharp knife and kills the sinless lamb. The Priest then blows the shofar (rams horn/trump). So, all the people know the passover lamb as been sacrificed/killed.

At 3pm (Mk 15:33) on Nisan 14 Jesus Christ hears the Temple trump and in a loud voice (Jn 19:28 & 30) Jesus proclaims: tetelestai/It is FINISHED. Tetelestai/also an accounting term meaning Completed/Paid in Full.

Parsing a High Day:
John 18:28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.
(MY NOTE: Jesus is taken to the Roman/gentile Hall of Judgment on Passover/Nisan 14 (the day the lamb was killed). Before the Passover/Seder Meal was to be eaten on Nisan 15)

John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that Nisan 15 was a Sabbath - High Day) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
(MY NOTE: Vs 31, For that sabbath was a "HIGH DAY". Although treated as a Sabbath, a High Day is not necessarily the 7th day of the week. High Day - 6 of the 7 possible days Nisan 15 falls on are High (sabbath) Days. A High Sabbath is the 1st day of the 7 day Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Jesus died on Passover/Nisan 14. EVERY Nisan 14 is always a DAY OF PREPATATION, for the Seder meal eaten on Nisan 15/always treated as a Sabbath even when it doesn't fall on day 7. Jesus was removed from the cross on Nisan 14/day of preparation before sunset 6-7pm).

Nisan 14 Passover (day of preparation) began, Wed evening 7p til 7a.
Nisan 14 Thur morning 7a til 7p: 9a nailed to the Cross & 3pm Jesus dies/He is immediately in the spirit realm = day 1 in the belly of the earth.

Nisan 15 Thurs (high Sabbath) evening 7p til 7a: Jesus is in the grave = 12 hrs night 1
Nisan 15 Fri (high Sabbath) morning 7a til 7p: = 12 hrs day 2

Nisan 16 Fri evening (Sabbath) 7p til 7a: = 12 hrs night 2
Nisan 16 Sat morning (Sabbath) 7a til 7p: = 12 hrs day 3

Nisan 17 Sat evening 7p til 7a: (1st day of the week) any amount of time after 7p before 7a = night 3 (Resurrection Day)
Nisan 17 Sun morning 7a til 7p: Disciples encounter risen Jesus Matt 28:1-10.
Have you read Josephus concerning the feast of unleavened bread (also called Passover)? Also Alfred Edersheim concerning the same?
There were specific sacrifices to be brought on each feast day, such was the case on every day for the feast of unleavened bread. Josephus says the one goat for sin was added to all the rest (see numbers 28:19-24), as intended as a feast for the priest. Sin offerings were holy for the priests, to be eaten by them. Alfred Edersheim also speaks to this Chagigah in his book :The Temple: its ministry and services. A brief quote " The chagigah might not be offered by any person who had contracted Levitical defilement (pes.vi.3). It was on this ground that, when the Jews led Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment they themselves lest they be defiled that they might eat the Passover Jn 18:28)".
Lev 6:25 Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, saying, This is the law of the sin offering: In the place where the burnt offering is killed shall the sin offering be killed before the LORD: it is most holy.
26 The priest that offereth it for sin shall eat it: in the holy place shall it be eaten, in the court of the tabernacle of the congregation.
27 Whatsoever shall touch the flesh thereof shall be holy: and when there is sprinkled of the blood thereof upon any garment, thou shalt wash that whereon it was sprinkled in the holy place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you read Josephus concerning the feast of unleavened bread (also called Passover)? Also Alfred Edersheim concerning the same?
There were specific sacrifices to be brought on each feast day, such was the case on every day for the feast of unleavened bread. Josephus says the one goat for sin was added to all the rest (see numbers 28:19-24), as intended as a feast for the priest. Sin offerings were holy for the priests, to be eaten by them. Alfred Edersheim also speaks to this Chagigah in his book :The Temple: its ministry and services. A brief quote " The chagigah might not be offered by any person who had contracted Levitical defilement (pes.vi.3). It was on this ground that, when the Jews led Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment they themselves lest they be defiled that they might eat the Passover Jn 18:28)".
Lev 6:25 Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, saying, This is the law of the sin offering: In the place where the burnt offering is killed shall the sin offering be killed before the LORD: it is most holy.
26 The priest that offereth it for sin shall eat it: in the holy place shall it be eaten, in the court of the tabernacle of the congregation.
27 Whatsoever shall touch the flesh thereof shall be holy: and when there is sprinkled of the blood thereof upon any garment, thou shalt wash that whereon it was sprinkled in the holy place.

I've never heard of Alfred Edersheim. I have read some Josephus teaching. However, I'm far from an accomplished student of his work. I have read Leviticus many times.

Today, I try to make Jesus Once for All time sacrifice & Priesthood my focus. As, all the other's were a foreshadow of Him. JJ

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've never heard of Alfred Edersheim. I have read some Josephus teaching. However, I'm far from an accomplished student of his work. I have read Leviticus many times.

Today, I try to make Jesus Once for All time sacrifice & Priesthood my focus. As, all the other's were a foreshadow of Him. JJ
The sacrifice of Messiah was not for all sins. I have not studied this extensively but I do know that in the Old Testament we are told that there will be animal sacrifices in the Millenium of Peace coming up.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The sacrifice of Messiah was not for all sins. I have not studied this extensively but I do know that in the Old Testament we are told that there will be animal sacrifices in the Millenium of Peace coming up.

Heb 9:
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Christ's sin offering obtained ETERNAL redemption for for every believer)

Heb 10:
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
(MY NOTE: Christ's sin offering sanctifies ONCE FOR ALL)

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
(MY NOTE: Christ's sin sacrifice good FOREVER)

I've read about future sacrifices being made in the millennial kingdom. There were several other offerings made unto the Father unrelated to sin.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Agreed on all others foreshadowing him. His sacrifice accomplished all that the sacrifices of the law foreshadowed, but could not accomplish. The Passover was not a sin offering, Jesus as our Passover was that which was the blood of the new covenant. Jesus also serves as a sacrifice for sin which is foreshadowed in the sin offerings on the feast days. He also is our Yom Kipper sacrifice to make an atonement. One sacrifice for all forever is better than them all. But it all begins with the passover blood of the covenant which makes it so. The passover memorial feast is based upon the fulfillment to the Abrahamic covenant. God's faithfullness to his promise concerning the 4th generation of Abraham's seed. See Gen 15.
Ex 2:24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
Ex 6:5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
IMO, This command to always remember this covenant.
1 Chron. 16:15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law <02706>, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
18 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
And again in the psalms
Ps 105:10 And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law < 02706>, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:

Law in both of these verses is not Torah, but 02706 חק choq khoke
from 02710; n m; [BDB-349a] {See TWOT on 728 @@ "728a"}

AV-statute 87, ordinance 9, decree 7, due 4, law 4, portion 3, bounds 2, custom 2, appointed 1, commandments 1, misc 7; 127

As found earlier here
Ex 12:24 And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance <02706> to thee and to thy sons for ever.
Christ our Passover has been sacrificed, a fulfillment of the promises Made to Abraham in the covenant promises made in Gen 17

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Agreed on all others foreshadowing him. His sacrifice accomplished all that the sacrifices of the law foreshadowed, but could not accomplish. The Passover was not a sin offering, Jesus as our Passover was that which was the blood of the new covenant. Jesus also serves as a sacrifice for sin which is foreshadowed in the sin offerings on the feast days. He also is our Yom Kipper sacrifice to make an atonement. One sacrifice for all forever is better than them all. But it all begins with the passover blood of the covenant which makes it so. The passover memorial feast is based upon the fulfillment to the Abrahamic covenant. God's faithfullness to his promise concerning the 4th generation of Abraham's seed. See Gen 15.
Ex 2:24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
Ex 6:5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
IMO, This command to always remember this covenant.
1 Chron. 16:15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law <02706>, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
18 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
And again in the psalms
Ps 105:10 And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law < 02706>, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:

Law in both of these verses is not Torah, but 02706 חק choq khoke
from 02710; n m; [BDB-349a] {See TWOT on 728 @@ "728a"}

AV-statute 87, ordinance 9, decree 7, due 4, law 4, portion 3, bounds 2, custom 2, appointed 1, commandments 1, misc 7; 127

As found earlier here
Ex 12:24 And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance <02706> to thee and to thy sons for ever.
Christ our Passover has been sacrificed, a fulfillment of the promises Made to Abraham in the covenant promises made in Gen 17

You agree ALL sacrifices are a foreshadowing of Christ. In my opinion these verses teach He was the ultimate sin sacrifice (& died on Nisan 14/Passover) as well.

Matt 26:28 this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
(MY NOTE: The LORD/Jesus himself say's His sacrificial blood is the atonement for sins)

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(MY NOTE: The sinless Son came & via His atoning blood payment condemned sin itself)

2 Cor 5: 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
(MY NOTE: A sinless Christ became sin that thru faith in His sin atoning death, burial & resurrection (via imputation) we can become the righteousness of God thru him.)

Heb 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
(MY NOTE: Thru faith in Jesus sin atoning sacrifice we are set apart/sanctified as Body/Bride/Church)

1 Pet 1:
18 forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
(MY NOTE: Peter said the price paid for our redemption was: The precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish & without spot):

The OP pointed out Passover & the Lords Supper are both God given ordinance's = Decree/laws given as memorial/remembrance, of REDEMPTION!

For Jews in Egypt deliverance/redemption from slavery & 10th plague/angel of death.

For Christians deliverance/redemption from sin/slavery & death.

Without a Jesus sin offering/atoning death, we have no redemption/remission/pardon/forgiveness of sin.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You agree ALL sacrifices are a foreshadowing of Christ. In my opinion these verses teach He was the ultimate sin sacrifice (& died on Nisan 14/Passover) as well.

Matt 26:28 this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
(MY NOTE: The LORD/Jesus himself say's His sacrificial blood is the atonement for sins)

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(MY NOTE: The sinless Son came & via His atoning blood payment condemned sin itself)

2 Cor 5: 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
(MY NOTE: A sinless Christ became sin that thru faith in His sin atoning death, burial & resurrection (via imputation) we can become the righteousness of God thru him.)

Heb 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
(MY NOTE: Thru faith in Jesus sin atoning sacrifice we are set apart/sanctified as Body/Bride/Church)

1 Pet 1:
18 forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
(MY NOTE: Peter said the price paid for our redemption was: The precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish & without spot):

The OP pointed out Passover & the Lords Supper are both God given ordinance's = Decree/laws given as memorial/remembrance, of REDEMPTION!

For Jews in Egypt deliverance/redemption from slavery & 10th plague/angel of death.

For Christians deliverance/redemption from sin/slavery & death.

Without a Jesus sin offering/atoning death, we have no redemption/remission/pardon/forgiveness of sin.
Without his blood we have no new covenant of a better priesthood, better promises. His one sacrifice accomplished what all the offerings foreshadowed, but could not do.
I don't know if you agree or disagree here. Redemption from slavery is also being released (freed) from the sins which those under the law simply remembered every year. Christ and his work accomplished all these things foreshadowed in the law.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
In Christ they are remembered no more

• Agree
Reactions: BrotherJJ
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Without his blood we have no new covenant of a better priesthood, better promises. His one sacrifice accomplished what all the offerings foreshadowed, but could not do.
I don't know if you agree or disagree here. Redemption from slavery is also being released (freed) from the sins which those under the law simply remembered every year. Christ and his work accomplished all these things foreshadowed in the law.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
In Christ they are remembered no more

Yes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums