What should be done with healthcare laws?

• Keep Obamacare

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Repeal it and replace it with Trumpcare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allow each state to decide

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Raphael Jauregui

Episcopalian, liberal Anglican, Mdiv
May 3, 2017
Mesa
✟28,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
The Senate is working on various options being presented about healthcare laws. Democrats want to keep Obamacare. 12 Republicans are secretly writing a bill to repeal Obamacare. Senator Susan Collins, a moderate Republican, has proposed allowing each state to decide for itself whether to keep Obamacare or accept a new Trumpcare.
Senate health care status: no bill, no vote set - CNNPolitics.com

What do you think?
Should we keep Obamacare, repeal it and replace it with Trumpcare, or allow each state to decide?

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Senate is working on various options being presented about healthcare laws. Democrats want to keep Obamacare. 12 Republicans are secretly writing a bill to repeal Obamacare. Senator Susan Collins, a moderate Republican, has proposed allowing each state to decide for itself whether to keep Obamacare or accept a new Trumpcare.
Senate health care status: no bill, no vote set - CNNPolitics.com

What do you think?
Should we keep Obamacare, repeal it and replace it with Trumpcare, or allow each state to decide?
A Bill that has been put together in secret is going to the floor with no public debate. This is the GOP gambit of our time. It will not go to committee, no public debate and Republicans will vote for it across the board. This gets by, they will pay for it at the polls.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Republicans have a history and reputation of serving big business and shunning the little man.

This, if true and if it happens, will probably ensure their loss in 2020 and probably the next few cycles.

Something this important isn't something to happen in secret behind closed doors.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Obamacare cannot sustain itself. Anyone who thinks that the status quo can just go on and there not be at least a major modification of the ACA isn't into this discussion. The bill currently being assembled in the Senate is being crafted in just the same way that Obamacare was fashioned--"in secret." So the whining about that is also a pointless distraction. Whatever comes to the floor is subject to amendments and then it has to be reconciled with the House bill.

Ryancare, or whatever the final bill is called, IS A NECESSITY. It would, therefore, be better to talk about what needs to be in it than simply to strut our partisan loyalties in every post. :sigh:

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Obamacare cannot sustain itself. Anyone who thinks that the status quo can just go on and there not be at least a major modification of the ACA isn't into this discussion. The bill currently being assembled in the Senate is being crafted in just the same way that Obamacare was fashioned--"in secret." So the whining about that is also a pointless distraction. Whatever comes to the floor is subject to amendments and then it has to be reconciled with the House bill.

Ryancare, or whatever the final bill is called, IS A NECESSITY. It would, therefore, be better to talk about what needs to be in it than simply to strut our partisan loyalties in every post. :sigh:

We don't know what's in it but it's a nessicity. I'll tell you what it is it's whatever the freedom caucus wants it to be. Last time ai check the bill had a chance 17% approval rate. How is that not strutting partisan loyality?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We don't know what's in it but it's a nessicity.
Good. And we'll all know what's in it before it is passed by Congress.

I'll tell you what it is it's whatever the freedom caucus wants it to be. Last time ai check the bill had a chance 17% approval rate. How is that not strutting partisan loyality?
It was us, the posters here that I was speaking of in that post.

But by the way, the Freedom Caucus is NOT especially partisan. The common charge against those 30 or 40 Congressmen is that they don't have any particular party loyalty and certainly do NOT vote along party lines as most legislators do.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Good. And we'll all know what's in it before it is passed by Congress.

It was us, the posters here that I was speaking of in that post.

But by the way, the Freedom Caucus is NOT especially partisan. The common charge against those 30 or 40 Congressmen is that they don't have any particular party loyalty and certainly do NOT vote along party lines as most legislators do.
The freedom caucas is the more right leaning of party partisans. They are the only real obstacle to the the goal of repeal and replace, they represent the Tea Party consensus of strictly repealing it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The freedom caucas is the more right leaning of party partisans.
But they are not particularly partisan. At the very least, the members are poor examples of such a thing, and that's because they do NOT toe the party line very well.

You cannot be a real partisan while putting ideology ahead of party loyalty.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But they are not particularly partisan. At the very least, the members are poor examples of such a thing, and that's because they do NOT toe the party line very well.

You cannot be a real partisan while putting ideology ahead of party loyalty.
While it's true they are obstructing their own party they are strictly hard right. Like the more hard core liberals they are putting an extreme version of political ideology ahead of party unity. They are not exercising partisan loyalty, they are trying to dictate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OK. So as I said, "partisan" doesn't fit them.
I'm not so sure but I understood your point, I just think it's off center. The freedom epitomizes partisan politics as a core conservative movement.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm beginning to think that there are enough people in enough states that want a universal/mixed plan that they should come together and just do it. The ones who don't can go with whatever the Reps. come up with.

If I were younger I would get involved by contacting my state reps. and other state's reps. to see what could be done and if we have enough of a working population to sustain it. Each state should still be able to receive the federal block grants given to other states as each working person will still be paying federal taxes.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Warren Buffett is on the record stating that he will receive an additional $680 000 if the Republicans repeal the 3.8% tax on capital gains that was used to finance Obamacare!

The top 1% will receive a total financial windfall of $158 billion when the Republicans repeal that tax - it should come as no surprise that "The Donald" will be among those bendficiaries!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums