Part TWO...Comparison of Programs...How did each present Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Judaism = It has been stated earlier that both gospels are centered around the person of Christ. This is the ONE truth they have in common. But let's see how else He was presented.

The "Gospel of the Kingdom" also presented the Lord Jesus Christ as the MESSIAH and KING of ISRAEL. When the wise men came to Jerusalem, they inquired about Him who is born KING OF THE JEWS (Matthew 2:2). When Herod heard this, he demanded of the scribes and priests where CHRIST shoudl be born (Matthew 2:4) Christ is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew 'Messiah', and the term "MESSIAH" includeds the idea of a KING.

This is a very important presentation of the Lord Jesus Christ to Israel. He is their only hope, and when He comes back to reign over Israel and the world, it will be as KING Of KINGS and LORD of Lords (Rev. 19:16). These two titles, out of many, many titles of our Lord,are distinctily dispensational. The buld of the testimony concerning His earthly ministry centers around His position as MESSIAH and KING of Israel.

Christianity =

Under the Gospel of the Grace of God, there is ONE title that stands out prominently, and mentioned ONLY in Pauls epistles/ and that is the title "HEAD of the BODY, the CHURCH. This is stated FOUR times (Eph. 1:22,23; 5:23; Col. 1:18; 2:18,19)

He is Savior and Lord, to be sure, but the term "HEAD" suggests a relationship to His own in THIS dispensation which never existed in any other age!

The head controls the body in the physical realm; so Christ should control each beleiver. The Headship of Christ should be taught to every one who has been saved by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Markea

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's wonderful to see how the Lord speaks of this in John's gospel..

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in Me, and I in you.

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This isnt speaking of the same issue at all, Markea. Jesus didnt come to them as their HEAD...but as their MESSIAH...even YOU must see that difference!
But then, maybe not....:doh:

Jesus NEVER mentioned being the nation Israels HEAD...ya know why? Because that was still a SECRET....Hid in God.

Now stop being a horses patoot and get up to speed! :D

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Markea said:
Being IN CHRIST, and having CHRIST IN ME...

hmmmm.. sounds like the same matchless grace that I have..

Do you not realize that you exhibit your ignorance for all the world to SEE when you make these comments intended to confuse folks?...LOL

We know better. Under Israels program the HS came UPON them. ONLY in the message given to Paul and under OUR program of the dispensation of the Grace of God is it even possible for Christ to be IN US. That is exclusively PAULS message.

You really DO need to study more, before you come in making all these ridiculous comments. You may be in Christ and Him in you, but you didnt get that from Peter and the boys or the earthly Christs words.

Those are uniquely part of the MYSTERY which you dont seem to see as different from the gospel of a different KIND in Peters day.

TSK TSK TSK

Upvote 0

Markea

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eph3Nine said:
Do you not realize that you exhibit your ignorance for all the world to SEE when you make these comments intended to confuse folks?...LOL

We know better. Under Israels program the HS came UPON them. ONLY in the message given to Paul and under OUR program of the dispensation of the Grace of God is it even possible for Christ to be IN US. That is exclusively PAULS message.

You really DO need to study more, before you come in making all these ridiculous comments. You may be in Christ and Him in you, but you didnt get that from Peter and the boys or the earthly Christs words.

Those are uniquely part of the MYSTERY which you dont seem to see as different from the gospel of a different KIND in Peters day.

TSK TSK TSK

You mean ignorant statements like this.. speaking of how that they would be IN CHRIST and CHRIST IN THEM.. ?

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in Me, and I in you.

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Back to the topic...good stuff here.

Christianity =

Under the Gospel of the Grace of God, there is ONE title that stands out prominently, and mentioned ONLY in Pauls epistles/ and that is the title
"HEAD of the BODY, the CHURCH.
This is stated FOUR times (Eph. 1:22,23; 5:23; Col. 1:18; 2:18,19)

He is Savior and Lord, to be sure, but the term "HEAD" suggests a relationship to His own in THIS dispensation which never existed in any other age!

The head controls the body in the physical realm; so Christ should control each beleiver. The Headship of Christ should be taught to every one who has been saved by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.