Assuredcw

Citizen for Civil Public Discourse
Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The 3/14 episode is called "Bailout." Tom hires his creepy friend's sister. She is everyone's coworker from Hell, the one we suspect, often correctly, actually IS sleeping with the boss. :eek:

Oh, and Leslie bails out a video store, only to have it turn into an "adults only" establishment.

Parks and Recreation - Bailout - Video - NBC.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We finally had a new episode last night on 4/4. Of course, we KNEW Councilman Jamm was going to sue Ron for punching him - LOL!

Also, the mayor of Ben's former hometown invites him to come back, to give him a key to the city! Leslie has to go in his place, and it turns out that the key is made of ice, and has already melted. There is a story behind that -- it's an old story but is explained in the episode if you don't know it.

Parks and Recreation - Partridge - Video - NBC.com

It is available until September, so I am thinking they are going to be on summer hiatus soon, if they aren't already. They need to be showing all of the old episodes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We got another new episode last night on 4/11. :)

Leslie looks into improving the Animal Control department, which is being run by a bunch of substance-abusing miscreants. And Ron gets really sick and Ann gets him a doctor who is as rude and abrupt as he is.

Parks and Recreation - Animal Control - Video - NBC.com

(Edited to hyphenate substance-abusing)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A full hour last night. Jerry retires, and Tom ends up being the new coworker everyone makes fun of. Oh, and Ann and Chris are looking more and more like an item again (that's no surprise - we've been forced to admit that Chris is the most normal boyfriend Ann has had)!

Parks and Recreation - Jerry's Retirement - Video - NBC.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Leslie has to schmooze the reptile-like Councilman Jamm, to get his vote on funding for the community's public miniature golf course. He LOVES miniature golf, but he is thinking of voting "No" because he doesn't like Leslie. What a peach of a guy!

Parks and Recreation - Swing Vote - Video - NBC.com

Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I appear to have missed the September 27, 2012 episode, in which Leslie imposes a soda tax on the residents of Pawnee! I am looking forward to catching it tonight, and then I will post the link to it if available.

Something tells me that in the home of "Paunchburger," this soda tax isn't going to go over too well. LOL!

Edited: The video is NOT available. But Leslie voted "yes," it passed, and people attending the public forum to discuss the tax, promised to launch a recall drive. That recall situation came back in a later episode, and this is where the series has left us for the summer hiatus. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh man! We are way into the new season already, and I have been asleep at the switch.

Big news -- Ann is resigning and is going to move away and start a family with -- I KNEW IT!! -- Chris Traeger!!!!! ^_^

Doppelgangers | Video | Parks and Recreation | NBC

Oh, and it is Ron's fiancée who is expecting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's true! They made a Halloween episode of Parks and Rec, but we won't get to see it until November 14, and then the series will be "more or less on hiatus" until January 2014.

Parks and Recreation: Where to Watch the Cast During the Show’s Hiatus - The Telefile Blog - TV Shows & TV News - TV Reviews | TWoP

Quoting:

Sadly, that news is true: due to some infuriating schedule switcheroos, we won't get the new Halloween episode of Parks and Rec until November 14 so it can be preempted for episodes of The Voice and an SNL special. After back-to-back episodes on November 14 and 21, there will be a break and we won't see Leslie Knope and Co. again until January 9, 2014. While Adam Scott assured fans nothing fishy is going on, it was heartbreaking enough when we had to deal with the uncertain future of Parks and Rec, but now that we have it back, we can't actually have it?

Agreed. :sigh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TravisK

Oct 13, 2013
✟15,718.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I don;t watch this show, but the local TV channel that airs it would always run plugs for it and they would call it Parks and Re-creation instead of pronouncing it rec-reation. This drove me so crazy I called the channel and told them the correct way to pronounce it and they changed all their plugs.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am one of those who doens't get the big deal about it. Or shows like The Office, Seinfeld, David Letterman. These seem like shows where the comedy is stupid. Of course I know people that watch Family Guy and think its funny as christians. People today are just a bit off I guess.

Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's another 1-hour episode tonight, November 21 you guys!

It's on right now if you guys are on Eastern time!

Edited: Last night's Part 1 involved adding fluoride to the municipal water supply (and Tom's help in selling the benefits of it to the public (if nothing else, you MUST see that!):

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/video/fluoride/n43519/

Last night's Part II was Ben losing his job working for that horrendous Sweetum's heiress, and then not knowing what to do with himself. Once again, this is worth seeing. :)

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/video/the-cones-of-dunshire/n43520/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On her last day, Leslie gets the idea to run against another counsel member who is embroiled in a sexual harassment scandal. No one thinks this is a good idea, of course (except Jerry, who never says no). Ben hires Leslie's "old friend" the political consultant, at $1,200 for one hour, to tell her that she is wasting her time trying to get back onto the City Council. Her friend tells her, "You can believe me because I don't care enough about you to lie." Touching.

Second Chunce: Producer's Cut | Video | Parks and Recreation | NBC

To view the video, you have to highlight the "embed code" under the screen, and then hit enter. This will cause the video to begin playing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It took long enough. But I think she deserved it. It's an excellent show, well put together even by all.

I agree -- Amy Poehler wasn't the only nomination -- the SHOW itself been nominated a few times. It would be nice to see them win. Nick Offerman deserves a nomination for supporting actor IMO, and I would like to see him get it, and win. :)

The video for tonight's episode isn't ready yet, but Ann and Chris are getting on my NERVES, because they can't make up their minds to get married or not --they "returned" the solitaire ring about 4 times in one visit, only to repurchase, and return, and finally to tell the store owner that they just want to buy a locket instead. The jewelry store owner told them to just TAKE the locket and GET OUT -- LOL!!! ^_^

New Beginnings | Video | Parks and Recreation | NBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0