Assuredcw

Citizen for Civil Public Discourse
Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There was a big, unpleasant surprise - Ann and Tom are still dating (eeew!).

And Leslie figures out how to make her reputation as a "dog murderer" go away, by cutting a deal with Bobby Newport's pirranha of a campaign manager. She takes the deal.

Intrigued? Watch the episode:

Parks and Recreation - Live Ammo - Video - NBC.com

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was a big, unpleasant surprise - Ann and Tom are still dating (eeew!).

And Leslie figures out how to make her reputation as a "dog murderer" go away, by cutting a deal with Bobby Newport's pirranha of a campaign manager. She takes the deal.

Intrigued? Watch the episode:

Parks and Recreation - Live Ammo - Video - NBC.com

I saw this one and I am so glad it is finally back. It's good to see Leslie and Ben together yet doing fine. I did not expect to see Ann still going with Tom, but I don't think it likely to still last. But maybe there are changes to characters?

I also was surprised Newport's campaign manager agreed with the proposal. But I am not expecting Leslie to really win, but it makes a good arching story for the series through this year.

Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw this one and I am so glad it is finally back. It's good to see Leslie and Ben together yet doing fine. I did not expect to see Ann still going with Tom, but I don't think it likely to still last. But maybe there are changes to characters?

I also was surprised Newport's campaign manager agreed with the proposal. But I am not expecting Leslie to really win, but it makes a good arching story for the series through this year.

Leslie may have enjoyed the "amenities" in Tom's apartment, but she would (as any woman would) freak out if Ben started wearing eye cream and unisex cologne - LOL! What's going to happen (I would put money on it) is that Tom is going to make Chris Traeger look much more normal in comparison, and Ann will go back to him. We'll see - LOL! But I agree that Ann won't stay with that weirdo.

You might have a better feel for where they might take the election angle. I only know that Ann seems to like weird men, so she will go back to Chris Traeger. That's all I know - LOL!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the May 10th episode (and final one for the season), Leslie Knope wins the election to Pawnee City Council. Also, Ann gets back together, not with Chris Traeger, but with Tom.
protest.gif

Parks and Recreation - Win, Lose, or Draw - Director's Cut - Video - NBC.com

It's either a cliff-hanger (hopefully), or one heck of a disappointing ending to one of the best sitcoms I have ever watched. I am certainly going to hope this comes back for another season.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's back!!!! Last night was the first episode of the season:

Parks and Recreation - Ms. Knope Goes to Washington - Video - NBC.com

Check out Ron's version of a Parks & Rec employee picnic -- there will be nothing but beer and water to drink, and when asked what the children will drink, Ron said that they can have beer diluted with water. Wow...

There was a 1/2 hour SNL Election Special the previous hour, so the two of these together made for great television. :)

(The SNL special will be repeating tonight on MSNBC at 10 PM Eastern.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Halloween Surprise: Ben pops the question, and Leslie accepts. Ann, on the other hand, gets auctioned off as a "date" at a fundraiser to a tattooed THUG. She outbids him for herself and runs away. LOL!!!!!

Jerry ends up in the hospital after having a heart attack, except that it's accompanied by "excessive flatulence," so Tom calls it a "Fart Attack." They were doing the fundraiser to benefit Jerry, and as I said, Ann gave a generous donation so she wouldn't have to be alone with the Tattooed Guy.

We knew from the Parks Dept Labor Day picnic, that Ron is not good with children (he was going to give the children beer diluted with water to drink). But now, his new girlfriend has two little girls, and Ron is a bull in a china shop with all 3 of them. After he inevitably ticks her off, he knocks on her door with a dozen red roses, and some grout cleaner!

I laughed so hard my stomach was sore. Great episode! ^_^

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/video/halloween-surprise/1421861

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whew! I've been asleep at the wheel!

Lots of great episodes, but here's the latest one -- "Pawnee Commons." Ben gives Leslie some good advice and PLEADS with her to make nice with a snooty park designer, who is going to donate his services to Pawnee, free of charge. He BEGS her not to tick him off!

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/video/pawnee-commons/1425493/

(Ben has definitely got the hang of this "politics" thing -- only it's Leslie who is supposed to be the politician. Oops!)

Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Episode is "Ron and Diane," but it's Tammy II -- as in Ron's creepy ex-wife (he's had TWO wives named Tammy!), stalking him and his new girlfriend Diane (who forgave him for being a bull in a china shop with her and her two daughters, and actually thanked him for the grout cleaner!).

In other words, Diane is a keeper -- at least that's Leslie's assessment. When is Ron going to get a restraining order?! Yikes!!!!

Knowing Ron's typical weakness where Tammy II is concerned, Leslie does her best to restrain Tammy II herself. She is NOT going to be able to keep doing this - Tammy is a psycho!

Ron and Diane | Video | Parks and Recreation | NBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think they are going to repeat the "abstinence only" public health policy episode tonight. I won't link it (I didn't last time either), because this is a Christian site and many of us believe that "abstinence only" is a good policy. But it does remain a controversial approach, and this episode shows why. I laughed, but watch at your own risk. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The episode is every really embarrassing and horrendously tasteless bachelor or bachelorette party anyone has ever attended. I am not going to link this one, either. I thought it was really funny, but I have been similarly embarrassed by things that I thought had gone a bit overboard. Warning - adult humor.

Frankly, I don't see what was so wrong with Ben's "Beer and Board Games" night, and I really felt for Ron, who made faces at Tom's choice of a nightclub that made me laugh so hard, my stomach hurt again - LOL!!! ^_^

Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The 1/24/13 episode has Ron watching Diane's two little girls, not just once, but twice. He tells her he loves her, but we already knew that, didn't we?

Also, Leslie enlists Ann to help her prove to the Sanitation Dept management that women can do just as well in the well-paying trash disposal positions as they do in the lower paying secretarial ones. They gain their point with the help of a frustrated customer, who wonders how two women are going to dispose of his giant commerical refrigerator, when all those men couldn't get it to budge. Oops! They had been set up. But this is good info and Leslie uses it, and the sanitation department ends up hiring their first female disposal workers.

There is lots of other good stuff too - as usual, too much to mention.

Funny episode!

Parks and Recreation - Women in Garbage - Video - NBC.com

Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ann's biological clock is ticking, loudly, and she decides to go ahead and have a baby on her own. First she and Leslie visit a sperm bank, but the guys are too creepy there, even for Ann! But Ann doesn't give up on the idea of getting a sperm donor. Things really start to go downhill from there, and Leslie becomes very, very nervous for Ann, who begins to "interview" old boyfriends. These men are so creepy that she hopes Ann will calm down about the donor thing -- but once again, Ann has VERY bad judgement when it comes to men.

Also, Ben and the guys get (listeria?) poisoning from the calzone canapes they are sampling for the reception. Tom was the only one who didn't get poisoned -- because instead of eating the canapes, he was taking photos of them!

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/video/anns-decision/n32481/

Edited to give you guys the link to the actual episode -- the previous link was just to NBC's Parks & Rec page. Oops.

I am glad I watched it again -- apparently those creepy guys (that Ann interviewed) were Ann's former boyfriends, who certainly provided sufficient explanation for why Ann ended up going out with first Chris and then Tom. ^_^

For many reasons, this is one of my favorite episodes. Very, very funny!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just at the moment that Leslie has to raise $50,000 at a fundraiser for her park, an "Emergency Response" drill interrupts her. Coincidence or sabotage?

Oh, and definitely catch Ron's TV appearance to advertise Leslie's fundraiser (which she can't do because she is busy with this stupid drill)!

And I don't think Andy passed his police exam.

Ben and Leslie discuss pushing their wedding date up to the night of the fundraiser!

Parks and Recreation - Emergency Response - Video - NBC.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Assuredcw

Oct 16, 2011
✟10,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A full hour of Parks & Recreation last night, and I really enjoyed it!

Yep -- Leslie and Ben tied the knot last night, but not at the fundraiser, because Councilman Jamm threw a stink bomb and all heck broke loose and Ron punched him and got arrested for disorderly conduct...

Oh HECK. Too much happened. Here's another link with a recap:

A very 'Parks and Recreation' wedding: 'I love you and I like you' - Yahoo! TV

This particular episode hasn't been posted on the NBC website. I'll check back later to see if they post it later. Unfortunately, the recap from Yahoo TV might be the best I can do this time. Sorry.

Upvote 0