Palestinian Christian leaders in Bethlehem will forgo all Christmas festivities this year in solidarity with Gaza

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How Israel treats Palestinians, is a result of refusing to live in peace with Israel.
Israel builds illegal settlements in the Occupied Territories because Palestinians refuse to live in peace with Israel?

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Query how it is possible to live in peace with a neighbor who refuses to clearly and concretely define the borders between their territory and yours. I may live in peace with my neighbor, but if I were to wake up tomorrow and find that they've claimed my patio as a new settlement for themselves, is it I who violated the peace that existed before this action, or did they?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Israel builds illegal settlements in the Occupied Territories because Palestinians refuse to live in peace with Israel?
What’s the sense of occupying the Occupied Territories if they don’t get some “perks” for having brought “peace” to them?
[/D’s advocate]

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Query how it is possible to live in peace with a neighbor who refuses to clearly and concretely define the borders between their territory and yours. I may live in peace with my neighbor, but if I were to wake up tomorrow and find that they've claimed my patio as a new settlement for themselves, is it I who violated the peace that existed before this action, or did they?
The more Gazans that are killed, the more “room” there’ll be in Gaza when West Bank Muslims “decide” to move there. Win-win!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The lastest conflict is because Israel was attacked aND WOMEN AND CHILDREN WERE BURNT ALIVE AND BRUTALLY RAPED. tHIS LOOKS LIKE IT WAS CONTINUING FOR THOSE THEY HELD CAPTIVE AS WELL.

There's a bit of folk wisdom that is worth listening to here. Two wrongs don't make a right.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

You fail to remember that the Bible says that your neighbor owns your patio because prophecy was fulfilled when your neighbor moved in next door, and has begun the countdown to the Rapture. Which is where some of your other neighbors suddenly disappear, a literal devil in human clothes moves in and kills your neighbor and then punches you in the face until you go to hell for not accepting that your patio belonged to your neighbor in the first place.

Now someone might ask, "Where does the Bible say that?" But...

Wait, look behind you! Immigrants are bringing drugs and murder, gay people exist and boy are they ucky, those people over there are dangerous and we should all get angry at them. Also, Christmas is evil, but also, the atheists and secularists don't want you to celebrate it! Be mad!

Phew. Good thing I didn't have to answer that question.

-CryptoLutheran

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They won the war, which they did not start. They were given gaza BY ISRAEL. The continued apologies for Hamas which are liars, just serves to perpetuate their antisemetic terrorism. Hamas and their supporters need to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Incorrect.

Try looking into how Israel treat Palestinians.

Unless of course you don't care how Israel treats Palestinians.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the first.
I cared once. I truly was sympathetic to the problems of the palestinians and critical of the actions of jewish settlers and the reduced rights of palestinians in israel.

Then palestinians started to behead babies. My sympathy has evaporated completely.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
They won the war, which they did not start. They were given gaza BY ISRAEL. The continued apologies for Hamas which are liars, just serves to perpetuate their antisemetic terrorism. Hamas and their supporters need to go.

Who does "they" refer to in your first two sentences? The second sentence, "they were given Gaza by Israel", seems like you're referring to Palestinians. So...Palestinians did not start the war with Israel? That's refreshingly candid of you.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No two wrong's here. War is hell. Israel did not start it.

In the 4th century, St. Ambrose, bishop of Milan risked much when he dared to rebuke Emperor Theodosius. For the emperor, in putting down a revolt in Thessalonike, massacred thousands. When the emperor, in Milan, desired to enter the church, the bishop rebuked him, forbid him entry, and compelled the emperor to imitate David with the wearing of sackcloth and ashes--publicly, that he should be humbled, and driven to repentance.

The Church used to know that the massacre of innocents was wrong.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In the 4th century, St. Ambrose, bishop of Milan risked much when he dared to rebuke Emperor Theodosius. For the emperor, in putting down a revolt in Thessalonike, massacred thousands. When the emperor, in Milan, desired to enter the church, the bishop rebuked him, forbid him entry, and compelled the emperor to imitate David with the wearing of sackcloth and ashes--publicly, that he should be humbled, and driven to repentance.

The Church used to know that the massacre of innocents was wrong.

-CryptoLutheran
Yep, they used to.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yep, they used to.

So then why don't you? There's no UNO reverse card here, you aren't finding people here saying what Hamas did wasn't evil--because of course it was evil.

But responding evil for evil does not render something good.

Almighty and Merciful God, save Your Church.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
For just people, when they have had an injustice done to them, they do not want to visit it 100x worse upon those they identify with those who committed the injustice. Why? Because our God teaches us to not repay evil with evil, but to overcome evil with good. This is why you don't see Copts in Egypt (or anywhere else) bomb or shoot up mosques in response to horrific acts done against their churches and people, why the people of Saidat an-Najat Syrian Catholic Church in Baghdad did not visit the same terror upon the Muslim community even after a terrorist attack there claimed 50+ lives, and why the monks of Abu Fana monastery resisted their torturers' demands that they renounce Christianity while in captivity.

If people in so much worse situations than any of us can resist the impulse to give in to evil, why is that suddenly not expected when it comes to Israel? Is no one following God there, despite all their pretentions to being the owners of the "Holy Land"?

Upvote 0