Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That comment was based on information from doctors and scientists who are studying the virus, not from my own head or from some conspiracy theorist. There may be some scientific disagreement about it but to my knowledge that is the most up to date assessment of the lethality of COVID19 in the general population, so there is no reason why I should not have made that statement. Most people are not at risk of dying from COVID19.

Initially lethality of COVID19 overestimated due to lack of testing:

The WHO Estimated COVID-19 Mortality at 3.4%. That Doesn't Tell the Whole Story

I'm not questioning the mortality rate. From what I have read, it may end up closer to .5% Have you done the math if half of the US population is infected by years end?

However, this statement is simply false:

" And if you're in good health and don't have a compromised immune system, your chance of dying from COVID19 is essentially 0."

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If that's how you choose to live your life, according to your risk assessment, that's your choice and your right, but it's not how I choose to live mine according to my risk assessment, or my faith. You don't have to agree with it.

I am the last person who would try to restrict someone from perusing their legal rights. I don’t care if people wear masks or not and it makes me happy to see folks out and about. My comment about Afghanistan just showed that while the chances of something happening may be low, sometimes people react differently than would be expected. Case in point, air travel is a lot safer than driving, but people get nervous flying and don’t think twice about driving, even though the odd are greater at dying in an automobile accident than in a plane crash.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian