LivingLifeHisWay

If grace is an ocean we're all sinking.
Oct 25, 2006
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do any of you post in non-Christian areas of CF to meet those who do not know the Lord Jesus as Saviour? Do you feel that it is important to witness and share your faith at CF?

Not looking for debate just wanted to start a good conversation and hear your thoughts.

Thanks. :hug:

Reactions: Cris413

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I’ve gone a couple times and read through some threads….but never felt led to post or get into convos…perhaps the Lord didn’t consider me a useful vessel equipped to minister to those unbelievers…I dunno.

While I may not have felt led to post…those threads certainly inspired quite a bit of prayer.

Sadly…what I’ve found is…that most Christians are less “welcome” in the non-Christian forums…than non-Christians are welcome in the Christian forums.

Just as I expect others to respect the “safe havens” created in the different forums…I also respect theirs…they know where we are if they wish to come converse…those with a sincere heart are generally met with love and compassion…those seeking to create argument…generally find it.

Even the threads asking for Christian comments…usually are just a set up…and we find…that unless we’re led and equipped by God to address such things…we end up doing more harm than good.

As I’m no theologian nor an expert in apologetics…I usually refrain from getting into debates with non-Christians.

Thanks for reminding me though…I should perhaps take a look again.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
From what I have seen on this forum most nonchristians aren't here to do anything but bash us and spew hate at us not exactly good place to try and witness at.

Perhaps...this is all the more reason to set a good example...:)

Let them leave the convo considering their own behavior...rather than give them reasons to validate their 'tudes and their bad behavior...

...I'm not suggesting you do this CP...:)...not at all.....just expounding on your thought...as I mentioned in my post...it seemed most non-christians invite Christians to a thread...and it's pretty much a set up to cause a fight...not that they are truly interested in edification...sad...but true.

And even more sadly...the are many, many "Christians" more than ready, willing and able to give them the fight they're looking for....:doh:

I don't want to derail the thread or start a big hoopla...

...but the same can be said of Christians of different faiths.

I see many times...not so much here in the conservative forum as in other forums but...

Christian X will start a thread regarding Christian Y claiming or perhaps even sincerely seeking edification and/or understanding of Christian Y and somehow or another a giant flame war insues...:confused:

....then Christian Z, Christian W, non-christian X and anti-christian B show up and mass chaos results...and a lot of work for staff...interesting stuff.

:scratch:

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
From what I have seen on this forum most nonchristians aren't here to do anything but bash us and spew hate at us not exactly good place to try and witness at.
Exactly. I'm not sure if discussing this issues online does much good. I have debated several atheist, agnostics...ect online and it never leads anywhere. I don't think it's supposed to, in a debate your goal isn't to convince your other side but it's to help both sides shead some light in the flaws of their arguments.

Real witnessing takes time and it's done through daily interaction with non-believers. Online it's just a fight between a person in a computer somewhere else in the world.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My answer is going to seem contradictory but it really is not. It has been my experience that the non believers that post here are here only to disprove Christianity (more prevalent in debate areas). Unfortunately I have witnessed too many deconversions to be intimately aware with this problem. We have too many baby Christians here at CF that are easily swayed by the promise that this world has to offer.

On the flip side, I have also seen and been part of conversions. These make everything else that happens in this site worthwhile and glorifies our Lord. It amazes me how every once in a while and by the grace of God I'll get a pm from a lurker that just joined to let me know how reading some of the posts here has answered a lot of their questions and that they have come to Christ. At any given time there are more lurkers than members here and that has held true even when the site was busier. So you see, Chris413 is absolutely correct. Our attitudes and behaviors remain in our posts long after we stopped debating in the thread.

That is the true outreach that CF has to offer. We need to be better stewards of Christ word and make sure that our posts always edify God. I know that this is hard to do and I am as guilty as the worst here but this is important and vital to CF's purpose in God's plan.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hentenza however I think we bigger concerns than non believers deconverting people like the number people spreading false Christian beliefs like homosexuality,sex outside of marriage, and abortion aren't sins for example.

Also Ishida welcome to the CC and if you don't mind me asking what character is that in your avatar?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hentenza however I think we bigger concerns than non believers deconverting people like the number people spreading false Christian beliefs like homosexuality,sex outside of marriage, and abortion aren't sins for example.

Also Ishida welcome to the CC and if you don't mind me asking what character is that in your avatar?

CP, the concerns are of equal merit and workable in tandem. We do not have to ignore false beliefs since we are commended to address these. We just can't ignore Paul's words to teach with patience and humility.

Upvote 0

LivingLifeHisWay

If grace is an ocean we're all sinking.
Oct 25, 2006
✟16,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the responses thus far. I know it may seem like a lost cause and this being the internet definitely has its challenges but that doesn't make our interactions with eachother any less real.

The internet has become very much real to me. I met my husband online, I've made life long friendships with people online - most of whom I will never meet on this side of Heaven. Words are powerful and the Holy Spirit can still move here.

I do agree with Cris, there are areas that are considered "safe havens" and intruding on a mission may seem inappropriate. Thus, respect is crucial esp. if we enter in fellowship areas. I have recently visited an area such as this but have kept to a thread open to those in disagreenment to the beliefs stated by the group. I have found my time there exhausting with a lot of back and forth but I really believe that the Lord is moving. The more we share our Faith the stronger we become.

May we never grow weary in spreading the Good News. Never. :hug:

Maybe we can encourage one another when things get tough, because when doing the Lord's work - they always do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the responses thus far. I know it may seem like a lost cause and this being the internet definitely has its challenges but that doesn't make our interactions with eachother any less real.

The internet has become very much real to me. I met my husband online, I've made life long friendships with people online - most of whom I will never meet on this side of Heaven. Words are powerful and the Holy Spirit can still move here.

I do agree with Cris, there are areas that are considered "safe havens" and intruding on a mission may seem inappropriate. Thus, respect is crucial esp. if we enter in fellowship areas. I have recently visited an area such as this but have kept to a thread open to those in disagreenment to the beliefs stated by the group. I have found my time there exhausting with a lot of back and forth but I really believe that the Lord is moving. The more we share our Faith the stronger we become.

May we never grow weary in spreading the Good News. Never. :hug:

Maybe we can encourage one another when things get tough, because when doing the Lord's work - they always do.

I agree with you...2 very profound keys here...respect...and most importantly....are we being led by the Spirit...doing the Lord's work as He calls and equips us.

Arguments...simply for the sake of arguing....usually do more harm than good.

We really need a lot of wisdom and discernment sometimes (I know I do :blush:) regarding whether or not we're responding to things in the flesh...or in the Spirit...

I know what you mean about threads that are exhausting....sometimes I would be like "Lord, please let me out of this thread...I'm way past my comfort zone" then I realize it's not about my comfort zone...if He really wants to use me.

And sometimes...the Spirit does has a very firm word of rebuke...

I really like to keep Timothy in mind...

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
2Ti 4:4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
2Ti 4:5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

and balance it with Titus:

Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
Tit 3:10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
Tit 3:11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.

....even though I'm not always successful...:blush: as we all I think...have those "fleshly" moments.

And you are also quite right...even though it's just the internet...emotions can be quite sensitive and relationships formed have great substance...

I met my husband online too!...:) We've been together almost 8 years and just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this past weekend...

And there are MANY peeps here at CF that I have really become quite fond of and truly consider them "friends"

So many people that have been such a blessing to me...that I've learned from and been encouraged and comforted by...:)

Absolutely...the internet is quite a strong communication medium.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve gone a couple times and read through some threads….but never felt led to post or get into convos…perhaps the Lord didn’t consider me a useful vessel equipped to minister to those unbelievers…I dunno.

While I may not have felt led to post…those threads certainly inspired quite a bit of prayer.

Sadly…what I’ve found is…that most Christians are less “welcome” in the non-Christian forums…than non-Christians are welcome in the Christian forums.

Just as I expect others to respect the “safe havens” created in the different forums…I also respect theirs…they know where we are if they wish to come converse…those with a sincere heart are generally met with love and compassion…those seeking to create argument…generally find it.

Even the threads asking for Christian comments…usually are just a set up…and we find…that unless we’re led and equipped by God to address such things…we end up doing more harm than good.

As I’m no theologian nor an expert in apologetics…I usually refrain from getting into debates with non-Christians.

Thanks for reminding me though…I should perhaps take a look again.
:thumbsup: ditto to this

In the past I was told they were trolls or sock accts. of regulars
here posing as new people.

The enemy never sleeps

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've made life long friendships with people online - most of whom I will never meet on this side of Heaven.
:hug::hug::hug:

I spend a lot of time in the Exploring Christianity forum... even if it's just to be mocked (and, in defense of the non-Christians here, it really never is), I know that God is still powerful enough to sew a seed. His word never returns void :clap:

That being said, it's completely understandable if people spend their time here being built up and encouraged
:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think People should go where they feel led by God -
not everyone is gifted or capable to serve or chat in some
areas of any given forum.

Forums aren't the same as regular ministries in real life
becuz at least in real life you have the ability to see
people in person & they tend to be alot less hostile &
then you know they aren't doubles of the people who
fight the faith daily. (not that people in real life
don't have agendas or do harm).

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I post in some of the fellowship forums - to be honest, I'm a tad more put off by some of the Christian subforums (especially in theology) than many of the non-Christian ones

some of the posters in theology are downright scary
:amen::thumbsup:

I can't agree more - they might as well close the philosophy/
ethics area down since so many seem to think that
NOTHING is sin & you can live in perversions, immorality & reject
the Bible as authoratative truth of God & be a good Christian like anyone else.

If you were to ask me what separates a Christian from a non
(judging by the worldviews in that section), I'd have to say I have no clue
other than they just claim that they believe in a Jesus.
Worse, they seem to have worse morals than most lost people
I know.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:amen::thumbsup:

I can't agree more - they might as well close the philosophy/
ethics area down since so many seem to think that
NOTHING is sin & you can live in perversions, immorality & reject
the Bible as authoratative truth of God & be a good Christian like anyone else.

If you were to ask me what separates a Christian from a non
(judging by the worldviews in that section), I'd have to say I have no clue
other than they just claim that they believe in a Jesus.
Worse, they seem to have worse morals than most lost people
I know.

I am often appalled by the beliefs expressed in CP&E. More times than not I'll leave that forum in disgust. As far as I'm concerned is a theology cesspool. :sick::sigh:

I guess you can tell that I agree with you.:)

Upvote 0