Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
In summary, the Three Cappadocians taught that

The one God-head subsists in three coequal, coeternal, coessential persons, and this truth is an incomprehensible mystery. There is communion of substance but distinction of personhood. This trinity is a perfect, inseparable, indivisible union, and the persons work together in all things. The unique distinguishing characteristics of the persons are as follows: the Father is unbegotten, the Son is begotten (generated), and the Holy Spirit is proceeding (spirated). The generation of the Son and the procession of the Holy Spirit are mysteries, however. While the persons are coequal and coeternal, the Father is in some sense the head and the origin.56

Upvote 0

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
This is not the final trinity doctrine though it has been changed and changed and changed....The link I gave explains the history. I somewhat agree with the above other than coequal...but it does state that God is ahead of and the orgin...
Since then it has been changed to they are equal they are the same and no orgin and Jesus didn't steam from God but actually is God.
What I posted was one of the more original Trinity Doctrines...The doctrine consists of more now and even states that the church condemns those who do not believe Jesus was always here.
To say the Trinity Doctrine is real would be to not change it...the trinity doctrine was changed and changed to make all agree and condemn those who don't.

I'd rather be condemned by man than God. If Man needs a doctrine they better do more research of the Bible and less of man. Our goal is to give our lives to God not man.

Love and God Bless.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
well if you look historically they were influenced by plato's writtings along with origen's. Two guys that pretty much aren't good at interpretation of the bible and way off. These guys came AFTER most of the things you're talking about though. Their thoughs are more eastern school while most people we study like auggustine of hippo is a western boy. They are members of the NEW niche party, not the old one where the docterine was first talked about...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.