• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Out of the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just got out of the hospital about a week ago. It was about a 3 week stay.

My doctor has a hard time understanding that I do NOT want to be drugged and half asleep all the time.

Personally, I like how I am without the meds some times. I know I needed to get leveled out, but I really hate being hospitalized. Anybody know what that's like?

Reactions: youthwalk

berry2000

May 21, 2006
California
✟16,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow hospital stays can be scary. Yes I understand the struggle with medication. I can't really say I've even decided what I want to do about meds. How much is too much? And stuff like that. I only take them because I am a mother and a wife and my family needs me to be stable...still i wonder how much are they really helping.

Well glad you are out. HOw are you adjusting to being released. It can be scary at first.

Reactions: Alive again
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I know about hospitals and medication that makes you go sleepy and I hate it as well.

But what can you do when we are mentally ill? Hospitals and nasty medications was always going to be our destiny.

Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It can be rough when you are on sedating meds. And yes, many of us like our manias until they get out of control and then crash. Part of that is coming to the point were you are willing to accept this illness and what it means for your life. I truly think that is an ongoing process. Be willing to keep trying meds if you have to, trying to find the one that helps you be alert adn enjoying life, as well as keeping your mood controlled. It can take awhile. Unfortunately for some of us there are no alternatives but the sedating meds, then it becomes of balance between how sedating you can tolerate and how much symptoms you and your loved ones can tolerate. But there are new meds coming out all the time and new and growing research in understanding the brain and this PHYSICAL illness!!! So do not despair.

Hospital - well, I have been in one 2 or 3 times and never want to go back, but I also know it is a possiblity with my illness, just as with any other disease process. And that if I need it, it is wisest for m,e to go to be safe and to keep my loved ones safe, but UGH!!!!

SO YES!!!! We do understand!!!

Upvote 0

Pats

Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, the main reason I went in is because I am a single mom and I was having a hard time working. But, it was a night shift job. I quit the job right before I went in anyway. So, now am looking for work.

God has graciously provided for me this whole time. So I keep on trusting. :)

Thanks for the hugs guys. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

Pats

Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sounds like you need prayer for a new job...written down and lifted up.

Thanks. I do need prayer for a new job. :crossrc:I'm really going to be out there looking today. Anyone who remembers me in prayer, I'd appreciate that.

Upvote 0

spdnet75

Veteran
Apr 21, 2006
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
✟18,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pats, alive and I have had this particular conversation before. It would seem that you have a reason to give therapy and medication a chance. The part that always comes into question is, "Will GOD punish me or think less of me if I give this a chance?"

The answer is that GOD wants for you to be a Great Mom for your child and GOD does not wish to penalize you for allowing modern medicine to try to help you to help yourself. I struggled with this idea for TOO many years.

Something that I would like to share is that, no one I know would suggest a Hospital stay, or even try to talk with me if they thought something was out of sorts. (That was the past and the reason that it was true was because I was a scary guy and they literally feared the consequences.)

I'm doing really well today and now my Family and Friends are able to see when I am headed for a bad patch and they are able to tell me so. (It's really a blessing!)

I hope that you are good today and I hope that you keep your friends here up to date on how you are. :)

Stephen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rushingwind62

Debi1967 is the love of my life!!!!
Sep 24, 2005
Green Valley, IL.
✟10,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just got out of the hospital about a week ago. It was about a 3 week stay.

My doctor has a hard time understanding that I do NOT want to be drugged and half asleep all the time.

Personally, I like how I am without the meds some times. I know I needed to get leveled out, but I really hate being hospitalized. Anybody know what that's like?

Pat I know what you mean about hosptals. Been there a few times myself. As for meds, not all of them make you sleepy or leave you with that doped up feeling. I guess I am fortunate to be on the right meds.

I am praying for you Pat and I am very concerned that you are not on meds, because I do not want to happen to you, what happened to me. I wasn't on meds and because of stress I WEnt over the edge and went psychotic for a week. Meds are very important in our daily maintaining of our illness. Without them the chemical imbalance is not being leveled out. I hope you have a good support stystem in place to help keep an eye on you, because we can go manic and not even realize it ourselves. Please be careful and my prayers are with you for a therapist and a job.

Also check with the county health department for some resoures on state funded therapists and psychatrists. They will go by income and have sliding scales on payment. They maybe able to help you....:)...God Bless You

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.