Watch this testimony of a Texas priest who spent 65 hours listening to the confessions of 1,167 penitents during Holy Week...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fr. David Michael Moses of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston recently experienced what he described as “one of the craziest weeks” of his priestly ministry.

He spent about 65 hours in the confessional and attended to more than a thousand people during Holy Week.

Check Out His Inspiring Story:
Priest Hears Confessions For 65 Hours During Holy Week
This is not the first time 29-year-old Fr. David Michael Moses held confessions for hours on end.

He also served the faithful almost non-stop during Holy Week and Christmas last year, as well as Ash Wednesday this year. On one of the days, the priest even offered confessions from 6:00 a.m. until midnight.

He explained his most recent experience in this Instagram post:

“Last week, I heard 1167 confessions. Do I care about numbers? Not really. Do I care about the salvation of souls? Oh yeah. That’s all I care about. And each confession was a soul that walked in with sin, then walked out a new creation,” Father David Michael said.

“1167 beautiful moments of grace, and the only witnesses were the angels… and me. I wasn’t there when Jesus came back to life, but I saw 1167 people come back to life last week.

“I love being a priest. Praise God. Happy Easter my family,” he concluded.

Continued below.

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Michie ...
Got a question for you! Is it your experience that most Catholic Churches still do confession in the confessional box?

I remember a time back, when there seemed to be this push to go to "face to face" confession ... priest and penitent in a private room together rather than in the confessional box. Is the confessional box still a popular practice?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Michie ...
Got a question for you! Is it your experience that most Catholic Churches still do confession in the confessional box?

I remember a time back, when there seemed to be this push to go to "face to face" confession ... priest and penitent in a private room together rather than in the confessional box. Is the confessional box still a popular practice?

Yes it’s still popular. Most Churches offer both now. :)

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I personally like the confessional box very much. Was raised that way. The anonymity? Of course I like that, too ... lol! But also, it's easier for me to stay focused when not thinking about the other person present.

I have done the face-to-face once that I can remember. Was on a weekend retreat, the priest was loving and very well known to our group. It went well, that one time. But it's really not my style to do it that way, 'cept maybe if I was on my deathbed, couldn't leave the house, something like that. Then I don't think I'd hesitate much at all.
:)

Do you have a preferred way?

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, I decided today was 'the day' ... I picked a church ... and it happened to be 'the room with a screen' type of confession that they had there.
And after today, I'm not stuck on 'confessional boxes' anymore ...

:cherryblossom:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, I decided today was 'the day' ... I picked a church ... and it happened to be 'the room with a screen' type of confession that they had there.
And after today, I'm not stuck on 'confessional boxes' anymore ...

:cherryblossom:
I’m glad it was not stressful for you. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Fr. David Michael Moses of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston recently experienced what he described as “one of the craziest weeks” of his priestly ministry.

He spent about 65 hours in the confessional and attended to more than a thousand people during Holy Week.

Check Out His Inspiring Story:
Priest Hears Confessions For 65 Hours During Holy Week
This is not the first time 29-year-old Fr. David Michael Moses held confessions for hours on end.

He also served the faithful almost non-stop during Holy Week and Christmas last year, as well as Ash Wednesday this year. On one of the days, the priest even offered confessions from 6:00 a.m. until midnight.

He explained his most recent experience in this Instagram post:

“Last week, I heard 1167 confessions. Do I care about numbers? Not really. Do I care about the salvation of souls? Oh yeah. That’s all I care about. And each confession was a soul that walked in with sin, then walked out a new creation,” Father David Michael said.

“1167 beautiful moments of grace, and the only witnesses were the angels… and me. I wasn’t there when Jesus came back to life, but I saw 1167 people come back to life last week.

“I love being a priest. Praise God. Happy Easter my family,” he concluded.

Continued below.
:purpleheart::purpleheart::purpleheart::groupray::purpleheart::purpleheart::purpleheart:

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m glad it was not stressful for you. :)

The priest was kind, gentle-spirited, and understanding ...
... and he 'welcomed' me back!

A few hours later, I went to Mass and Holy Communion ...

I'd been away 17 years ...
... been a very special weekend for me!

God is amazingly loving and merciful ...

And you all here have been very kind to me as I've been finding my way back 'home' ...
a big "thank you"!

:heart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The priest was kind, gentle-spirited, and understanding ...
... and he 'welcomed' me back!

A few hours later, I went to Mass and Holy Communion ...

I'd been away 17 years ...
... been a very special weekend for me!

God is amazingly loving and merciful ...

And you all here have been very kind to me as I've been finding my way back 'home' ...
a big "thank you"!

:heart:
It’s wonderful to have you back! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0