New York City
Visit site
✟8,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Starforsaken said:
alright to anyone who may still be reading this thread. i will never go to a church because well... the churches of today are not even what the original followers had created. christmas, easter, all the traditions? most of the stuff in the modern day church are all pagan traditions adapted for us. ive not read anything that says we must take communion... this is just a pagan tradition adapted by the early church.

i know you are trying to help me but i know it is other things in my life that caused this, not the fact that i dont go to church.

on another note... ive been trying to have another out of body experience and reading about astral projection

Hi Star,

I hope you are well now. But please, I beg you, go and find a church. I know that some churches are bringing up false doctrines and a lot of garbage, but that is why you need to TEST the spirits. NOT all churches are from God. The only way you can test the spirits is if you line it up with the Word Of God (the bible). If you are not reading His Word, you will not be able to test it. Star, can you trust the Lord and take it by faith, that he will lead you to a church where you can be loved and cared for? Know that you are in my heart and I am hoping the best for you that you quickly get back into the Body of Christ (the church). It is soooo dangerous not to be there.

Please I beg you do NOT get involved with astral projection. That is VERY Dangerous. It is a DIRECT DOOR for satan and his workers to live INSIDE of you. YOU DONT want that. They will torment you. The bible says in Ecclesiatstes 12:6-8,

"Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
or the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
or the wheel broken at the well,

and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

"Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher.
"Everything is meaningless!"

The silver cord is what you have probably seen, that's your lifeline when you are still living on earth. It enables you to return to your body. If it is cut ,that's it, you're spirit leaves your body forever. Then your spirit will have to return to God and He will deal with you. That is what I fear. The bible talks about this stuff Star. This is a heavily practice in witchcraft.

Please do not build up wrath for youself. These are things that God detest. Please do not think that these things are cool. You will get into trouble. Then God will have to allow you to do so because you are allowing and giving satan legal rights. God will not take away your free will.

You are the Lord's most PRECIOUS-PRECIOUS child. Please return to him. Hey, I cannot tell you what to do. You can make a decision yourself. However, remember that whatever choice you make, there will either be blessings, curses (from God or the devil), suffering, or torment from the evil one.

The choices that you are choosing is either:
1. continue your reading in astral projection, stay out of church and the bible, and live your life the way you want. or

2. Start reading the bible, repent and confess your sins, so you may be forgiven, and find a church. Then the blessings of God will overflow in your life.

It's up to you now. Please make a wise decision. This decision will affect your life for the rest of eternity. But do know that the Lord loves you more than you can ever ask or imagine. He is waiting for you.

Serve God or be a slave to satan.

I praise the Lord for each one of you that is speaking into Star's life right now. Thank you BlakeMichael and Ajax for your insight. Let's keep praying for Star. :groupray:

Ok, i'll be away till next week. My church and I are going away for a conference. whooohoooo. I'm so excited. See you all laters when I get back.

Upvote 0

JJay

A loving Spirit
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Visit site
✟34,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Starforsaken said:
I couldnt figure out where to post it so ill put it here. Last night for the 3rd time in my life someone thing happened thats hard for me to explain but ill do my best. I was laying in bad on my back going over thoughts in my head, and saying my prayers in my mind. At some point during that I must have fallen asleep. After that I felt like I was awake again, sliding, drifting off of my bed and heading towards the floor, passing through the bed. I distinctly remember hearing loud noises like objects falling to the floor and shaking. I was so shaken up that I must have realized I wasnt awake but at the same time I could see everything around me, because I saw my myself in bed and was jolted back into consciousness. I was awake then my eyes were open but my body was completly frozen. I tried yelling for help, it seemed like an eternity that I was kept frozen... I dont know how much time went by.. a few seconds.. minutes or what but I didnt like it. I felt like something evil was surrounding me. In my prayer that night I had specifically asked god to send any demons and satanic forces out of me and away from my family... After the time went by I was able to move again and I just closed my eyes and wanted to think it never happened and fell back asleep... but it did happen I remember the entire thing. Someone please tell me what this means. Im not asking if anyone believe what I'm saying here, I can't prove it to you with any scientific evidence... only what I truly know to have happened... Any feed back at all would be appreciated.

Please tell what age you are? How you live and who you live with, married, kids? still young? drugs use? Please provide more information for me.

Upvote 0

kato1265

Feb 27, 2006
Tulsa
Visit site
✟15,331.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
star - i had the same thing happen to me twice in my lifetime. both times i was under incredible amounts of stress. the first, i was getting married to a man i knew i didn't love - but my mom kicked me out of her house and i had no where to go - i ended up living in his mother's house and sleeping in a room they never used. at one point i tried to tell him i wasn't ready to get married, but he pressured me anyway ... i was only 19. The second time, i was going through a divorce and custody battle. It got very nasty - one of the markers in my timeline. I'd hear things and see things I still can't explain to this day ... still, to this day, they seem SO real! I'd have that same experience of not being able to move or even cry out - but having total awareness of all my surroundings.

I can't explain why ... but I often wondered if it wasn't somehow related to extremely high levels of stress that I was internalizing ... I'm not trying to discount your experience - but meditation, prayer and an inventory of what does or does not belong in my life did seem to help me back onto the right track.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When people explore supernatural realms beyond the familiar, they put themselves in a position beyond what they know how to handle. We can read accounts of how other people handled it, but we can't guarantee it will be safe if we try it. There are extremely powerful supernatural forces out there.

The link I gave you was a prophetic Christian speaker who has had out-of-body experiences with some amount of control. There were a couple of biblical accounts that could be astral projection, but were not at all under the person's control. If you're trying to do it, I believe you're giving someone/something permission to mess with your soul.

Re 17:3
And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns.

Re 21:10
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God

1Ch 5:26
So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul, king of Assyria, even the spirit of Tilgath-pilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away into exile,

2Ki 2:-1-11
And it came about when the Lord was about to take up Elijah by a whirlwind to heaven, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. ...And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven. (Assume body too)

Heb 11:5
By faith Enochwas taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God. (Probably the body too.)

Thanks, Kato, for telling your story. I think a lot of kids can relate to that feeling of being trapped in a relationship and not knowing how to get out. When we're young, we're trained to submit, and haven't always practiced the art of separating ourselves from others. Then we end up in a victim state of mind that's hard to get out of. Glad you were strong enough to move on with life.

Upvote 0

kato1265

Feb 27, 2006
Tulsa
Visit site
✟15,331.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Heron - thanks! I totally agree! I guess I was equating my experience with a state of hysteria - brought on specifically by very high levels of internalized stress. I will concede, however, that my life was, without a doubt, under attack at these times. I recall several dreams during that period where a woman would actually come to me - sit outside my house - and spew curses at me. In one - I told her to leave ... in the second - she moved to the yard across the street and continued ... in the third, I told her that every word she spoke to me would return to her 10 times. She screeched and disappeared from my dreams forever. Weird, huh? I told my father, who is a minister, about this and he told me I was under the influence of evil ... It really hurt me, because I was active in the church and living as such. I guess that's why I hesitate to make judgements like this. (Ugh - hope I haven't overstepped my bounderaries. :blush: )

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Kato, have you noticed how many people on the dream forum have had dreams of characters like that? How interesting! It's sad though that your dad's reaction was like that. Demonic oppression is an attack against us...we don't need more attacks!

I think your screech-n-run story is good evidence of the authority we have over them. They harrass us, we tell them to scram.

Jesus didn't dwell on the source of demonic footholds. People nowadays do, and it's sometimes harmful. It's not about guilt, but about release.

We don't have to be bound. Fear binds us, love looses us. Faith in Jesus' authority sets it in motion.

OBE and stress
"The study focuses on a processing center in the brain known as the angular gyrus, thought to play an important role in the way the brain analyzes sensory information to give us a perception of our own bodies. When it misfires, they speculate, the result can be visions of floating outside of ourselves.

"The findings were published in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature.

"We do not fully understand the neurological mechanism that causes OBEs," conceded the study's lead researcher, neurologist Dr. Olaf Blanke at the University Hospitals of Geneva and Lausanne in Switzerland.

"...When electrical stimulation was applied, the patient reported seeing herself 'lying in bed, from above, but I only see my legs and lower trunk.' She also described herself as 'floating' near the ceiling.
Millions of people have reported OBEs, but relatively few have been clinically analyzed."

-JOSEPH B. VERRENGIA
http://hubel.sfasu.edu/courseinfo/articles/out_of_body.html

Upvote 0

kato1265

Feb 27, 2006
Tulsa
Visit site
✟15,331.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
heron said:
When people explore supernatural realms beyond the familiar, they put themselves in a position beyond what they know how to handle. We can read accounts of how other people handled it, but we can't guarantee it will be safe if we try it. There are extremely powerful supernatural forces out there.

The link I gave you was a prophetic Christian speaker who has had out-of-body experiences with some amount of control. There were a couple of biblical accounts that could be astral projection, but were not at all under the person's control. If you're trying to do it, I believe you're giving someone/something permission to mess with your soul.

Re 17:3
And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns.

Re 21:10
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God

1Ch 5:26
So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul, king of Assyria, even the spirit of Tilgath-pilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away into exile,

2Ki 2:-1-11
And it came about when the Lord was about to take up Elijah by a whirlwind to heaven, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. ...And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven. (Assume body too)

Heb 11:5
By faith Enochwas taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God. (Probably the body too.)

Thanks, Kato, for telling your story. I think a lot of kids can relate to that feeling of being trapped in a relationship and not knowing how to get out. When we're young, we're trained to submit, and haven't always practiced the art of separating ourselves from others. Then we end up in a victim state of mind that's hard to get out of. Glad you were strong enough to move on with life.

i went to the link ... interesting. i never had an out of body experience, myself. just the horrible feeling the original poster portrayed of being aware, but paralyzed. if i were to comment beyond my own theories, i'd make an idiot of myself. i know so little about this, despite my own opinions.

Two things I can draw on from other's accounts: First my late husband, who died of cancer. I literally held him in our bathroom and begged him to hold on after he stopped breathing and lost a pulse. When he awoke, he was extremely emotional (this man rarely showed emotion - not even anger). He told me he was getting ready to die and that he was going to say goodbye to everyone. He claimed he "saw it" ... This wasn't anything like his personality. AND ... the next three weeks he set everything in order in his life, including a confession to his priest - making peace with his ex-wife - and encouraging me to strengthen bonds with friends and family. Then, he died.

The other account is a teacher, who after asking my permission to speak with my daughter about spiritual matters, began to relate to her that she actually rose out of her body - saw and heard everything that was happening and ended up in a place that she went on to describe ... it sounded a little hokey - but after the experience with my late husband, I kept my mouth SHUT.

From these two accounts, I come to a conclusion that the body does not function without the spirit ... maybe this explains why a patient sees only part of a body that is just, for that moment, an object relative to time? Maybe it also explains sleep paralysis in cases of OBE ...

Like I said - it's all theory and I am the last person to make expert statements. I often refer to myself as confused_kat (ha-ha).

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"I come to a conclusion that the body does not function without the spirit ... maybe this explains why a patient sees only part of a body that is just, for that moment, an object relative to time? Maybe it also explains sleep paralysis in cases of OBE ..."

Hmm, I wonder. In most of the OBE cases I've heard, they were in the hospital in a coma or under intensive care. It's natural to wonder if it was their imagination, but I've heard stories that the floater knew what clothes people were wearing out in the hall.

Do you think it might not be a conscious decision of a spirit leaving a body, but a natural trigger that the spirit automatically leaves when the brain loses consciousness? At a certain level, I mean.

What a vivid story of watching your husband go. That must burn in your memory, and rattle you sometimes.

The teacher's story sounds like the book, "Beyond Heaven's Gates."

On making an idiot of oneself---most of the writings in this area are personal accounts which have not been consolidated into one body of reference. References are written when someone declares them worth recording and compiling. Because it's such a shaky subject, everyone's afraid of getting laughed at.

Upvote 0

kato1265

Feb 27, 2006
Tulsa
Visit site
✟15,331.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
heron said:
"I come to a conclusion that the body does not function without the spirit ... maybe this explains why a patient sees only part of a body that is just, for that moment, an object relative to time? Maybe it also explains sleep paralysis in cases of OBE ..."

Hmm, I wonder. In most of the OBE cases I've heard, they were in the hospital in a coma or under intensive care. It's natural to wonder if it was their imagination, but I've heard stories that the floater knew what clothes people were wearing out in the hall.

Do you think it might not be a conscious decision of a spirit leaving a body, but a natural trigger that the spirit automatically leaves when the brain loses consciousness? At a certain level, I mean.

What a vivid story of watching your husband go. That must burn in your memory, and rattle you sometimes.

The teacher's story sounds like the book, "Beyond Heaven's Gates."

On making an idiot of oneself---most of the writings in this area are personal accounts which have not been consolidated into one body of reference. References are written when someone declares them worth recording and compiling. Because it's such a shaky subject, everyone's afraid of getting laughed at.
"Do you think it might not be a conscious decision of a spirit leaving a body, but a natural trigger that the spirit automatically leaves when the brain loses consciousness? At a certain level, I mean."

I'll have to ponder that one ... my initial response was to say that regardless of why or how it happens: 2-1=0. But, then I believe the spirit lives on beyond this world - similar to the way a baby knows nothing of the world beyond the womb until it passes through the birth canal.

I'll just have to ponder that one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I humbly thank you for your words of kindness, Ajax. I've been greatly blessed since I became a Christian, and it warms my heart to know that people are inspired through my words. I can't take credit for them, however, knowing that God was their inspiration.

But I still thank you again, very much. It's good to know that I'm not speaking into thin air! :D

"Ecclesiatstes 12:6-8,
"Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
or the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
or the wheel broken at the well,
and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

I never noticed that in the Bible before... it blows me away. This is the exact practice I used when I attempted to astrally project in the past. I couldn't believe that it was real, I felt myself rising out of my head, and I remember a distinct darkness, followed by a horrible roar. It literally scared me back into my body.

The thing to take note of, Star, is that since I attempted that, not to mention my ouija board experience, I've been demonically oppressed. I came down with Unipolar Depression, memories of the past swelled up and I was diagnosed with PTSD, I was suicidal, had Bipolar I and good Christian people I knew at the time could notice a change in me. My mother and her friend rushed home from work one night a few years ago because I called and told her I felt very sick, dizzy, and disoriented. My blood pressure was through the roof. That was the same house where my cousin and I consulted with spirits via the ouija board.

We eventually moved, the house had a wall which set on fire twice. The first time this happened was only days after my cousin and I had spoken with something through the board, a young boy named Erik, who told us he'd burned to death. He told us we could 'set him free' by chanting three words together, and the foolish teenagers we were, we did. I won't post them here for fear of someone becoming curious, but if you PM me with good intentions I'll tell them to you.

Not long after I moved, I found myself smoking pot, snorting pills, drinking hard liquor at least twice a week to the point of sheer drunkenness and blacking out and having no happiness whatsoever unless I was in a 'high' state of mind.

Every single thing I mentioned above went on for 2 and a half to three years, and I quit them all cold turkey after I repented of my sins at an altar or prayer and accepted Christ into my life as savior. Do I find any of these things coincidences? No. I find them a series of events which started with one thing and one thing only - filling my head with the forbidden knowledge of Satan. The silver cord of the spirit, the golden bowl mentioned in Ecclesiastes, I remember like it was yesterday of when I tampered with these things. It was only a matter of time before I experienced the worst years of my life, and it's only by God's grace and mercy that I'm speaking with you all today.

I warn you, Star. Everything has it's price, and what you're playing with right now could cost your eternal soul.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've never noticed that either. See if this brings any insight to anyone...

Silver
Transliterated Cheseph
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] silver, money [/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] silver [/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] as metal [/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] as ornament [/FONT]
      3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] as colour [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] money, shekels, talents [/FONT]

Cord
transliterated Chebel
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] a cord, rope, territory, band, company [/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] a rope, cord [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] a measuring-cord or line [/FONT]
    3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] a measured portion, lot, part, region [/FONT]
    4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] a band or company [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] pain, sorrow, travail, pang [/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] pains of travail [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] pains, pangs, sorrows [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] union [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] destruction[/FONT]
Broken
Transliterated Rathaq
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] to bind [/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] (Niphal) to be snapped, be broken [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] (Pual) to be bound [/FONT]

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Two older commentaries on it:

"The silver cord is the spinal cord, so called from the spinal nerve's likeness to a cord. Just as the previous verses have described the external evidences of old age, these explain the internal changes that bring death to the body itself. The golden bowl (so called from its priceless value) is the container for the brain itself. When the one is loosed and the other broken, death ensues."
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible, op. cit., p. 836.

[/FONT]
"The golden bowl and the silver cord here are a lamp. The silver cord held the bowl. When the cord broke, the bowl fell putting out the light. Light is, of course, a Biblical symbol of life."
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]27: Broadman Bible Commentary (Nashville: Broadman Press, 1972), Vol. 5, p. 127.

[/FONT]
"Both of these explanations mean the same thing. They both refer to death. The second explanation fails to explain why the cord that held the lamp was "the silver cord."

(Thanks to studylight for speedy research)
http://studylight.org/com/bcc/view.cgi?book=ec&chapter=12&verse=6#Ec12_6

Upvote 0

*Soulwings*

Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
The Netherlands
✟17,605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did someone say astral projection? :eek:
I flip everytime I hear someone is being decieved into this!

Please, in Jesus' Name, don't do this!!

I did this just before giving my life to Jesus completly, thinking it was a harmless adventure. It's anything but harmless!! I only tried to project for two weeks, until I gave my life to Jesus, and that's when the problems started. Every week there were a few times when I would project, unwillingly. It was getting nuts at one point, and I was starting to feel extremely desperate and even afraid to sleep at night. I was also under demonic attack.
I prayed every day for deliverance... but it took time, as I was a newborn Christian. Only a year later I was completly freed from the demonic spirits and attacks. I'm not saying that it's totally gone, only two weeks or so ago I had another OBE... but these are just attempts by the Devil to get me to submit to his spirits again. Spiritual warfare is part of the Christian walk, so attacks like these are only natural.

Please, don't start this.
The astral world is DEAD place. There is no life, no happiness, no feeling in that world. It is an empty void, only made up of shadows of the real world. I hope Jesus will allow you to realize this (I know curiosity can get the best of you). Trust me, there is nothing there to get excited about. It's a grey world, without any sense of hope.
Instead of doing astral projection, I would advise you to seek Jesus. He can give you much better experiences than flimpsy glimpses of a lifeless world. Jesus can take you to Heaven... astral projection can't.

God bless,
*Soulwings*

Reactions: JJay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
One way is to set your profile to subscribe to any threads you've posted in. That can get unwieldy but you can set time limits, too.

Another...just save the page as an html file on your computer (File/save page as)

Another...Bookmark (Netscape/Mozilla) or save as Favorite (Explorer).

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My sis is a Christian. She was a ICU nurse for years & would talk about her experiences. She said often when someone passed away even the rest of the staff could feel something had changed in the air for a moment on the floor.
She did tell me that once they cared for this older lady that was an honest to goodness biker chick. Crude, loud, gruff & could cuss people under the table apparently.
Anyway the hospital roomate said that when this women was in the process of passing away she became petrified. & was yelling for these black creatures to leave her alone & get off of her. She was terrified & yelling at these creatures the roomate couldn't see. I think the roomate said the air changed & she sensed a darkness & an odor(?). Then this women met her God & her other false one more then likely.

My point is if you're OBEs arn't of the Lord they are evil & will open doors to demons & all sorts of suffering. I would consider it very foolish to shake hands with & try to strike a deal with the creature Jesus Himself calls "the father of lies".
I doubt seriously you would want to crack a deal with a human even infinitly less devious. Much less the creature that once was one of the upperlevel leaders in Heaven.

Im praying for you dude.

Upvote 0