• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Our (very wonderful) coffee shop, just for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi April and Doubting..

Yes I hope I passed the biopsy and there's not much to worry about but to keep an eye on this every 6mo or so..But the results will be Monday to know for sure what will be done if any thing.. I didnt do much yesterday but rest and browsed on line.. I was able to sleep really well last night and woke up and still a little tired but not as bad now.. Just slowly cleaning the place up again... Hub didnt offer to wash dishes or to pick up the house, which sucks knowing I am sore and in pain.. O well such as life.. I know he care but not enough..

Anyawy I'm just slowly doing stuff today and its nice to go slow, and not really rush through things.. I might play a game later we'll see LOL! Hope y'all are good and doing ok.. :hug: aruond..

Laura :pink:

Upvote 0

texannurse

Mar 13, 2006
✟1,183.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all!

Laura - I'm glad to hear the biopsy itself went well, but sorry you're in so much pain :(

Gerry - I'll pray the weekend goes well for you!

Today has been rough. I am wondering if things will ever be "OK" again. Sometimes I wonder if I had never been "formally" diagnosed as bipolar would things not be as bad, if i had never started all the meds, would I feel better??
I'm into a lot of obsessional thinking right now, very hard to distract myself from the thoughts. I think I must be having a lot of inner anxiety because I took Vicodin (a narcotic pain med) and a muscle relaxant about an hour ago and am not even tired. Scary :sigh:

April - how are you???:confused: I"m praying for you. And I plan to write soon.

Ah well, the day is almost over !!!
Hope everyone has a good night! :hug:

TN

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all!

Laura - I'm glad to hear the biopsy itself went well, but sorry you're in so much pain :(

Gerry - I'll pray the weekend goes well for you!

Today has been rough. I am wondering if things will ever be "OK" again. Sometimes I wonder if I had never been "formally" diagnosed as bipolar would things not be as bad, if i had never started all the meds, would I feel better??
I'm into a lot of obsessional thinking right now, very hard to distract myself from the thoughts. I think I must be having a lot of inner anxiety because I took Vicodin (a narcotic pain med) and a muscle relaxant about an hour ago and am not even tired. Scary :sigh:

April - how are you???:confused: I"m praying for you. And I plan to write soon.

Ah well, the day is almost over !!!
Hope everyone has a good night! :hug:

TN

His Sis.

Yes it looks like you are drifting away from sanity, crappy for you my dear!

Please know that those receiving treatment do better than those who don't!

Please know that TRUTH is all that matters - keep it simple - I'm loved - I'm sick - I need to sit it out - I need help - perhaps my medications need to be adjusted - crappy feelings will pass if I wait.

I once slept less than 4 hours a day (on average) for 12 months and still didn't loose it in The End - our heavenly Father stays close if we fight for His truth to guide us, especially when we are manic. Try to achieve this - stay in His truth though you are becoming so unwell. Resist the lies! Faith in a loving truthful God will keep you safe!

:wave:

Upvote 0

JesusFreak2008

Living Life To Its Fullest Each Day, Praising God
May 1, 2008
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Visit site
✟9,377.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello and Good Morning,

I have had one heck of a week between work and trying to find a place to live and college I'm just :swoon:by the end of the night. I have been pretty steady mood wise, I'm just not too sure, I mean I have a few triggers and moments that I just feel like crying, but over all I feel remotely better than I ever have in my life. I feel like a burden has been lifted and I can finally live my life in peace. Even better is I have family and friends supporting my decision. I am thankful for that.

Work has been anything and everything but stress. The only thing that motivates me is the nice paycheck at the end of this month of probably $1000 or so, and so I'm super excited. But the customers can be so mean sometimes.

Department of Children and Families really needs to get a life with their criteria for families in need of assistance. They said I make too much money for their income requirement, and so I do not qualify for medicaid or food stamps anymore. As if $8.50 an hour, 32.5 hours a week is enough to live off of and pay for food. Makes me so angry sometimes. But I know God will provide for me. He always does.

I've got good news. I have a place to live when I go back home. I'm going to be renting a room in Hopkington, NH courtesy of this lovely lady named Patricia and craigslist. http://nh.craigslist.org/roo/911915902.html is the link if you all want to tell me what you think. And the snow-How I miss the snow. I'm going to be super excited to have both my freedom and my own place to live, and my life back, how ever the road to recovery from an abusive relationship is going to be a long one for me.

College, oh-college. It never ends. I'm taking two super boring classes this term. Medical Terminology and College Comp II. Although I like my topic for my persuasive essay in College Comp II. It's on Religion and the medical field: A Patient's right according to federal laws. I'm confident that my paper will be very persuasive. I'm hoping this term my grades stay in the A and B's range so I can get my GPA to a 3.0. I'll feel so accomplished once it is a 3.0. I've gotta really motivate myself to do my college work. I'm probably going to do that tomorrow. Remind me please if you see me online, that I need to get that done.

My mom is pregnant. Remember the corrections officer I told you guys I thought was a problem? Well, he got her pregnant and now my mom does not want the responsibility, when she is the one that gets to go around and mess with other men, and then she wants an abortion?! on top of that, how is that fair to me? I begged and pleaded with her to keep the child and I would raise it, because I can't ever have kids of my own, but she is too selfish to stand up to her acts and she wants an abortion, and I find that both selfish and unfair and the easy way out because she is scared. But mostly unfair to me, because I can't ever have kids of my own, and my mom can just go around messing with other men and get pregnant and get an abortion? how is that fair?

Sorry for my rant. I'm going to go off to bed, and will write more tomorrow. I hope all is well with you guys. All is well with me. I'll be praying for you all, Doubting, Soulwings, Gerry, Lynne..Hope all is well with you all.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello and Good Morning,

I have had one heck of a week between work and trying to find a place to live and college I'm just :swoon:by the end of the night. I have been pretty steady mood wise, I'm just not too sure, I mean I have a few triggers and moments that I just feel like crying, but over all I feel remotely better than I ever have in my life. I feel like a burden has been lifted and I can finally live my life in peace. Even better is I have family and friends supporting my decision. I am thankful for that.

Work has been anything and everything but stress. The only thing that motivates me is the nice paycheck at the end of this month of probably $1000 or so, and so I'm super excited. But the customers can be so mean sometimes.

Department of Children and Families really needs to get a life with their criteria for families in need of assistance. They said I make too much money for their income requirement, and so I do not qualify for medicaid or food stamps anymore. As if $8.50 an hour, 32.5 hours a week is enough to live off of and pay for food. Makes me so angry sometimes. But I know God will provide for me. He always does.

I've got good news. I have a place to live when I go back home. I'm going to be renting a room in Hopkington, NH courtesy of this lovely lady named Patricia and craigslist. http://nh.craigslist.org/roo/911915902.html is the link if you all want to tell me what you think. And the snow-How I miss the snow. I'm going to be super excited to have both my freedom and my own place to live, and my life back, how ever the road to recovery from an abusive relationship is going to be a long one for me.

College, oh-college. It never ends. I'm taking two super boring classes this term. Medical Terminology and College Comp II. Although I like my topic for my persuasive essay in College Comp II. It's on Religion and the medical field: A Patient's right according to federal laws. I'm confident that my paper will be very persuasive. I'm hoping this term my grades stay in the A and B's range so I can get my GPA to a 3.0. I'll feel so accomplished once it is a 3.0. I've gotta really motivate myself to do my college work. I'm probably going to do that tomorrow. Remind me please if you see me online, that I need to get that done.

My mom is pregnant. Remember the corrections officer I told you guys I thought was a problem? Well, he got her pregnant and now my mom does not want the responsibility, when she is the one that gets to go around and mess with other men, and then she wants an abortion?! on top of that, how is that fair to me? I begged and pleaded with her to keep the child and I would raise it, because I can't ever have kids of my own, but she is too selfish to stand up to her acts and she wants an abortion, and I find that both selfish and unfair and the easy way out because she is scared. But mostly unfair to me, because I can't ever have kids of my own, and my mom can just go around messing with other men and get pregnant and get an abortion? how is that fair?

Sorry for my rant. I'm going to go off to bed, and will write more tomorrow. I hope all is well with you guys. All is well with me. I'll be praying for you all, Doubting, Soulwings, Gerry, Lynne..Hope all is well with you all.

Dear friend,

April my condolences with the upcoming death of your half-brother, I fully agree, very bad decision of your mum - it is evil to kill life - it hurts God heaps and has a terrible judgement, Satan will be laughing again.

Oh it makes me mad. Evil as always killing life, and how he enjoys bringing judgement into humanity on us poor sinners. So my plan today is to thwart him more than he bargained for.

Let's begin by forgiving your mum and praying for her salvation instead - so judgement on her is lifted. For as we both know our Heavenly Father is a consuming fire, no unloving one or lie one can ever bear to be near to Him - flames forever for all evildoers - so your mum will need the salvation from our Lord badly.

So I say - cursed are all those who attempt to kill innocent life - yet salvation for all those who have accepted such horrific evil into their hearts and done evil in God's sight! That our Heavenly Father may cleanse all humanity of evil and save those lost souls underneath all the evil - as He does for us His chosen children - giving us new - so let His loving truth redeem mankind. For I know that God's grace is unmerited favour, so that's what counts.

(I don't know how you think about the Christian teaching of Hell. I take it very seriously. As I don't want fallen sinful people to burn forever in Hell. I will always pray for everyone who have burdened their soul with evil - hell is a terrible place - as we depressed people know a little.

I believe we MUST pray to God to forgive all those who don't know what they are doing - and which sinner does? But evil ones - knowing very well that they are wicked - let those wicked ones burn - even today and forever more. Yes let them burn right inside the hearts of the souls they inhabited - to the glory of God and humanities benefit - flames giving light instead of evil brood bringing darkness - and that so the evil ones may suffer their own caused misery, to their own eternal shame forevermore! The Lake of Fire evil's reward!

I don't want human souls to go there - but can't wait for the evil to get their reward - so I pray for grace on God's good Creations - everyone and everything and for Hell on everything existing in evil and wickedness. T

I can't wait for Jesus to destroy all the evil in human hearts and have dedicated my life to its destruction. A praying man can be Satan's nightmare, or at least I mean to be, pay him back double of what he has caused me. (Oh I love hating evil, it feels Heavenly to judge evil to Hell that's for sure.)

Sorry about the rant!

Upvote 0

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well you guys hang in there you'll be alright!

Well here is a little news for you, I am thinking about moving back to Detroit and try to work as a teacher as a part time college teacher, and also a free lance tutor. I honestly would like to start my own tutoring service up there. I live in central Florida right now and my parents are moving back, and I spent all my money on health insurance and over the last seven months I have only made $5000 after taxes, I spent all that plus $1500 on the credit card, so I have no money to secure an apartment really and I would like to get to the point where I have six to twelve thousand dollars sitting right in the bank, that would help me to be secure. They say you should keep three to six months supply of money in the bank in case you lose your job. I hear in Michigan they have public mental health so that is a plus and I can keep taking this generic medication so far that has been the way to go for sure!

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, what a lot of posts!! Yey!! (as always, it makes me happy ^_^)

Laura, sorry that your husband isn't being more considerate. :hug: Just take it slow and easy, as you are, and take some time for you-time!! You certainly deserve it. :hug:

Tn, glad to hear from you. I hope that you feel better soon - the way you feel right now is indeed a horrible way to feel; especially with the keyed up, tense feeling where Vicodin and a muscle relaxant don't even work to calm you down!! I know the feeling... I take enough Klonopin to knock most people out silly, and some days it doesn't even slow me down.

A-M, good to hear from you as well. Glad to hear that the living situation has improved - that's exciting!! I hope things work out well for you. :hug:

Sorry to hear about your mum. That really sucks, and it doesn't seem fair... but do you think that you are ready to raise a child, if she does not abort and doesn't want to take care of him/her herself? Just wondering... be careful with what you pledge to do. :hug:

I'm doing okay. Struggling a bit but will be leaving for my parents' in about 10 minutes for breakfast and a day of work. I'm looking forward to being there for most of the day... it's so peaceful there. I didn't have an anxiety attack yesterday, or come close to having one, in the afternoon, unlike normal. Usually I struggle with it a lot... but yesterday was lovely.

I've an appt with my NP at noon. She called my cell yesterday when I was at my parents' (without reception, and the phone was off) and left a message asking me to come in today whether or not I have an appt (which I don't). So I'm going in, and I don't know what she'll do. Hopefully not increase any meds, maybe take me off Seroquel?? *crosses fingers* I really hope she won't increase the Geodon or Seroquel........ I really, really hope.

The apartment still feels VERY uncomfortable. I am so glad that I don't have to stay here all day. If I did, well, I wouldn't be doing half as well as I am now.

I have about 23847234 things to do today/this weekend... and I've a consultation with an oral surgeon on Monday, about my wisdom teeth, so that will shoot the few hours in the afternoon in which I have time to get things done - which means I will have to be VERY productive this weekend. Blahhh. I guess this is just payback for being so relaxed last weekend and getting only one thing done the entire two days. Heh.

:hug:s to all.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've an appt with my NP at noon. She called my cell yesterday when I was at my parents' (without reception, and the phone was off) and left a message asking me to come in today whether or not I have an appt (which I don't). So I'm going in, and I don't know what she'll do. Hopefully not increase any meds, maybe take me off Seroquel?? *crosses fingers* I really hope she won't increase the Geodon or Seroquel........ I really, really hope.

April I'm not sure if you appreciate this right now, but I feel that it might be important for you to know something about doctors and medications.

Not the doctors but YOU must decide what you take and how much - nobody else, though doctors (and loved ones in particular) can assist us make the right choice.

What can a doctor know about your mental state? They are simply guessing - use statistic to guide them (Yet you are not numbered, but one of the Chosen - so it doesn't work like that for you.)

I say - NEVER TAKE MEDICATIONS WHEN YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT IT LONG TERM - YOUR PSYCHOSIS IS BAD ENOUGH AS IT IS!

They've taken me through the mill, let me tell you - pumping me full with drugs always trying to suppress my psychosis and making me horrifically (manic) depressed instead.

Yet do you think the doctors cared? No not one of them - so far. All of them are far to busy playing god, thinking they know it all, and in a matter of minutes decide how you will feel for the next so many years on the medications they put you on.

Please consider your current list of medications!

Still you are sick, would you be sicker without medications than now? Please consider seriously that this might maybe not even be true - all kind of drugs have driven me madder than ever - only E.C.T and God's loving truth worked for me in The End - both lightening strikes - one physically and one spiritually!

If your doctor has sense s/he take you of all the drugs you are on - as fast as possible - and try something that works instead of propping up your failing support system.

Do they think you work like the American economy? When America looses money - they throw a few Trillion more dollars out of the door to fix the problem - and so with you when you still go mad - they pump up the meds which are clearly not working all that well - it seems foolish to me.

Desperation calling out in anguish - I say!

Personally, having know a lot of mental ill people and being one myself, I feel that stabilising your manic condition through E.C.T would most likely be the most helpful - especially through a possible medication dropping time.

Honest all kind of mentally ill people are helped through this - enormously even.

After such treatment try new meds, as you will have calmed right down, start low - and build it up YOURSELF - over time - until you find the best stability for yourself, let J help you as he knows how you go the best.

That's how Yvonne and myself do it now - together - it takes a bit longer - especially when doctors boycott you like they have me - but is still more secure - as those living with you know better than doctors how you are doing - it takes awhile to get used to - taking full responsibility for your own life - but walking with Jesus will get you there He is the very best doctor you can ever hope to get. (I'm doing better now - though I have been sick - then when they depressed and scared the wits out of me with all their medications, I was manic all the time then as well. (I was on 5 of them at one stage!) So only The Truth is what matters in The End.

I hope you see what I'm saying.

Gerry:wave:

1 John 4

Test the Spirits

1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. 4You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[h] of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
God's Love and Ours

7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son[i] into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for[j] our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 13We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. 16And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 17In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

19We love because he first loved us. 20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gerry, I understand what you are saying, yet it is hard for me to say what is best for me. I know that my NP is only guessing - educated guess, yes, but still a guess of trial and error - because she cannot get inside my head. But I trust her to be able to diagnose my problems, for she has had a lot of experience and a lot of guiding under her head psychiatrist. So I believe that she will do the best for me. I will mention my fears and my friends' fears that I am overmedicated, and will see what she says about that. I don't know what she will say or what she will do; I'm pretty sure she'll listen to me - but I don't want to risk going off the Seroquel and getting worse and not being able to afford seeing her until another month has gone by. (As I said - we can't afford seeing her more than once a month as it is $75 out of pocket.)

I am at my parents' now, actually being productive and getting work done. It feels great to be out of the apartment... I am feeling better than I have in days. It's a wonderful feeling. I miss living here and know that I can't anymore, that I've started my own life (which my T thinks is richer than it ever has been before), but I still miss being the baby of the family, and being taken care of by my parents.

Oh well. I'm an adult now for sure. ;) (but that doesn't mean I need to act adult-like, does it? I can still be silly, right? :p Mature, but able to be silly after getting chores done :D)

I'm working on my individual client project for my nutrition counseling & ed class. It's interesting to analyse food intake, macro- and micro-nutrients, etc., etc. Very interesting. I don't want to be a dietician/nutritionist, and have in fact dropped the minor, but I still find this fascinating.

I had nightmares again last night, and had Jarrod pray over me before he got up and left this morning. They were terrifying, and I can't remember what they were about, which is annoying - but probably the best thing. Ick.

Anyway, I should probably get back to work. And check out my other threads in which I participate as well, ey?

:hug:s to all. ♥

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I had nightmares again last night, and had Jarrod pray over me before he got up and left this morning. They were terrifying, and I can't remember what they were about, which is annoying - but probably the best thing. Ick.

April

Horrible, I know about these times psychotic nightmares they are terrifying. Yet you know what I learned in The End? I learned that such evil has place in us because we suffer from an illness that brings us fear and its many lies - very actual and very real to us - especially when we are psychotic.

My guess is that evil is trying to keep you back from going forward. Your marriage, your love for God and J and others have often taken your reality away from those wicked ones and now they try and use your illness to get you back.

So be encouraged and stand firm in love, faith and hope - however don't trust any one else but God 100% - not even yourself, J or your doctor - only God is fully trust worthy and reliable, and in Him stick it out, as all those horrible forces that push these thoughts, feelings and visions on you are not from our Heavenly Father, but enemies of you and us all.

The following Bible passage helped me HEAPS when I was fighting these horrible forces inside of my heart which brought me my nightmares and inner unrest. Unbelief, doubt, fear, depression, rage, my own and other peoples unloving deeds and words, but also books/history, TV, News, movies, and computer games brought all such things alive in me.

I gave it all over to the Lord and let His truth rebuild me with loving truth instead in these parts of myself where I had fallen deeply, especially in my psychotic times. How have I raged, feared, felt horrible feelings and thought horrible thoughts during such times? God only knows.

(Have a look inside your spiritual world.)

Micah 7

1 What misery is mine!
I am like one who gathers summer fruit
at the gleaning of the vineyard;
there is no cluster of grapes to eat,
none of the early figs that I crave.
2 The godly have been swept from the land;
not one upright man remains.
All men lie in wait to shed blood;
each hunts his brother with a net.

3 Both hands are skilled in doing evil;
the ruler demands gifts,
the judge accepts bribes,
the powerful dictate what they desire—
they all conspire together.

4 The best of them is like a brier,
the most upright worse than a thorn hedge.
The day of your watchmen has come,
the day God visits you.
Now is the time of their confusion.

5 Do not trust a neighbor;
put no confidence in a friend.
Even with her who lies in your embrace
be careful of your words.

6 For a son dishonors his father,
a daughter rises up against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man's enemies are the members of his own household.

7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,
I wait for God my Savior;
my God will hear me.

Israel Will Rise(The Isrealites I see as the - 144,000 chosen that will rule with Christ right in our hearts.)

8 Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be my light.
9 Because I have sinned against him,
I will bear the LORD's wrath,
until he pleads my case
and establishes my right.
He will bring me out into the light;
I will see his righteousness.

10 Then my enemy will see it
and will be covered with shame,
she who said to me,
"Where is the LORD your God?"
My eyes will see her downfall;
even now she will be trampled underfoot
like mire in the streets.

11 The day for building your walls will come,
the day for extending your boundaries.

12 In that day people will come to you
from Assyria and the cities of Egypt,
even from Egypt to the Euphrates
and from sea to sea
and from mountain to mountain.

13 The earth will become desolate because of its inhabitants,
as the result of their deeds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Hallee :hug::hug: I've missed seeing you around. How are things going? how did you handle the crash, or are you still (hypo)manic? :hug:

Gerry, thank you for reminding me to fully put my trust in God and not in man. That is something truly very, very important to remember.

Sorry that I have no more words right now... it's early in the morning and I'm still quite tired (J woke me up at 4:40am from a bad dream).

My NP didn't put me on any more meds, and in fact took me off Seroquel. Yey!! ^_^ So now I'm hoping things will get better... I told her about you, Gerry, without mentioning names or where I met you, with your experience of Seroquel at 50mg. Just that you got psychotic then (was I right?). Anyway. So that's a good thing, and I'm happy about that. :)

I had the hugest panic attack ever last night, and just keeping me grounded made Jarrod exhausted. I felt really bad, but it's so hard to keep myself sane when everything in me is telling me panic panic panic!!!! I managed to keep myself grounded enough though, to take my Klonopin (I got another one prn and did use it last night, in fact) and get to where I could just sit and hold onto a blanket that I made, and play with my wedding band (seems to really help with grounding me - something on which I can focus). It was yuck all the way around, though... I hate panic attacks.

Not much else new. Jarrod and I will be going to church and then probably just coming back to the apartment for lunch and then me having time for schoolwork, rather than going to my parents' place for lunch. I don't know, though. I have a lot of work to do and not much time in which I can get it done, but still......

:sigh: I HATE uni. It's not enjoyable anymore. It's just something I've got to get through to get on to better things. Like grad school (haha, just another few years of school...... will it ever end?!).

Blah.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My NP didn't put me on any more meds, and in fact took me off Seroquel. Yey!! ^_^ So now I'm hoping things will get better... I told her about you, Gerry, without mentioning names or where I met you, with your experience of Seroquel at 50mg. Just that you got psychotic then (was I right?). Anyway. So that's a good thing, and I'm happy about that. :)

Aha good April, one gone and yes Seroquel drove me suicidally depressed at 50 mg a day, 2x25 a day and madness struck, after only 4 day on it, I had only take 25 mg an hour before. However it may not be the culprit or not the only one. Your current panic attacks awake memories in me though. Zaldox (or what do you call it again Gideon?) at 160 mg drove me also suicidally depressed but it took longer than Seroquel, slowly taking me over with its maddening actions yet with both Zaldox and Seroquel I felt it work in my mind and feeling world after two hours or so in an uncomfortable way - which anti-psychotics like Resperdal and Clozapine didn't/don't do.

I think that anyone who can't handle anti-depressants must watch out for the newr anti-psychotics as they attempt to add chemical to treat manic depression as well as psychosis with one medication.

With your panic attacks - how long have you had them for and how intense were they before say you had your first psychosis?

I used to get spells of panic attacks perhaps every two months before medications - always when manic - yet on certain medications panic attacks flared. Abilify was one of them - what anguish I suffered with that stuff.

I was on Abilify for four years - it woke me many times a night in utter horror for months towards the end - as it slowly got worse. Such nightmares, often I would wake up completely drenched and in need of a shower. I didn't notice panic attacks at first, but a fearful spirit slowly destroyed my normal daredevil nature completely, making me feel like a real coward at times.

The best is to carefully page through your normal symptoms - those you know you have always had - sure they maybe in different intensity but still are part of the ones you have always had. After that count your present symptoms - which other symptoms have come around lately? Especially soon after starting medications? Or which symptoms are hard to cope with now while not often before? Such a check could reveal drugs as the trouble.

See I found that panic attacks outside a 'naturally fearful nature' - if you have always been so scared especially when psychotic - are almost always caused by medications. If you suffer from panic attacks very regular then you are likely to need to investigate your meds as those times that you have them when psychotic stand out easily as only when psychotic.

Anyway see how you go going of the Seroquel, I had a hard time for a few days kicking that drug, (horrible demanding feelings which feel very uncomfortable) take care and stay safe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey April,

I'm crashing now and not handling it too well. Extremely depressed, not feeling extremely safe atm, but I know it will pass.

This time of year certainly doesn't help anything.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak2008

Living Life To Its Fullest Each Day, Praising God
May 1, 2008
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Visit site
✟9,377.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh What a lovely day it is today. I think I'm manic mostly because I had gotten only 30 minutes of sleep last night, because I dozed off around 2:45am, and awoke later at 3:25am. I'm having a terribly bad day. Jason certainly is not helping any. I had an episode earlier today because we had gotten up to go to church, and we were all ready, and 10:00 am came around, still no Troy. I said to Jason politly, call him, maybe he is outside, but Jason insisted that he was calling us, which indeed he was, but the ringer on the phone was off. We didn't get to go to church this morning, and that was probably much needed. Jason of course blamed me for the fact that the other phone line was off, and I had nothing to do with it this time, as I have my own phone line. It really irritated me. I'm dying to punch someone or something, mostly because I think I'm manic. I don't know, I'm just extremly irritated and aggrivated for no reason. I certainly hope I'm not going to start the phase of rapid-cycling again like last month, because with no medicaid for me anymore, I can not get my medications or see the doctor like I need to.

Besides that, I just can't wait til payday on the 28th, because then I'm going to be able to actually move out of this stupid state and back to my home town. Gah! I can not wait. I miss all my family and friends so much.

While some of you advised against the relationship with Max, I really do think that the relationship may be well off. Were staying away from the three words you hear me say a lot..for a while and are taking it slow. Were going to go out to the movies as friends on a date when I return home. I'm a bit nervous though, because I've never been on a real date before, and this is my first. But there is also a religious conflict...if something did happen, he is Jewish and I'm Christian. Is it unheard of for a Jewish person to date a Christian person? It's really got my head spinning. I mean he and I talked and he told me that he was not going to force his religion onto me, and that it is my choice, but he will still care about me regardless.

I don't know how I'm feeling right now, a bit edgy, irritated, angry, aggravated, but at the same time, I'm happy, excited and nervous. I feel loved for who I am..and thats an amazing feeling to have, but all these emotions get me :swoon:sometimes, mostly because I try to figure out how I'm really feeling.

So pray for me, and my situation. I'm currently sick and throwing up, and I truly do hope it is just the flu, because the last thing I need right now is...*sigh* that to happen..but just pray for me okay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for you, Hallee. :hug: I'm so sorry that you're struggling right now - did anything in particular set this episode off or is it just cyclical?? and what about this time of year? SAD? :hug:

Prayers, A-M. :hug:

I wouldn't date outside of my own religion. It says in the Bible to not be yoked to someone of another religion/with no religion, to paraphrase... and it would only cause difficulty down the line if you did get engaged/married to someone of another religion. So I would advise against being anything but friends with him... just my $0.02. I hope what I said makes sense and doesn't offend you. :hug:

Hope things look up for you. The 28th isn't that far away - just 12 days. :) Hang in there, love. You can make it through this. We'll all be praying for you.

I'm doing okay. Really struggling to focus on schoolwork. It's rough, because I am so tired... but I am happy because Jarrod and I had an intimate time this morning, skipped church because of it. It's just been a nice day so far, despite the tired'ness, relaxed and I have gotten some schoolwork done. Just not a lot. What I have to do - making a handout for my client for my individual client counseling project for one of my nutrition classes - involves looking up a lot of stuff on the web, so it takes a lot of time. Sucks.

Jarrod is playing WoW behind me on his computer... nice to have company in the same room. I'm not so scared in the apartment now... whew!! Still feeling somewhat icky but not quite as bad. I really hope that it was just med-induced. *crosses fingers*

:hug:s to all.

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hello Everyone

Well I managed to shower today and get my desk cleared up and organized some.. Was lookin at Christmas cards and I hate the ones my BFF sent me so I'm gonna look else-where to find better cards for a decent price.. I mean this set is nice, but totally NOT me.. Its penguiens, and I dont like them.. Blah! I wanted to give myself a small project but oh well, its not like a big deal to find better cards.. Still taking it slow and easy.. Having to take Tylenol for pain which is difficult but manageable.. I'm watching the SF/Ram's game and SF is winning! Yea!!!

Well hope y'all are well and doing ok.. If not Prayers here.. :crossrc:

Love y'all!

Laura :pink:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gerry, I've had panic attacks since I was five. My first psychosis was treated when I was 17 (although at that point I thought it was normal, so I don't know how long I'd actually had it going on).

How are you doing today?

Laura, good to hear from you. How's the pain? manageable, I hope. :hug:

I'm doing okay. Struggling to get schoolwork done when I am anxious, flustered, uncomfortable, and scared. Plus, being exhausted definitely doesn't help any.

:sigh:

AND I'm trying to get lunch down. Don't feel like eating much, but I have to... drat.

Got really shaky at tutoring today. Didn't feel too good. I took a Klonopin and came home and lay down for awhile.

Anyway, back to work............

:cry:

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gerry, I've had panic attacks since I was five. My first psychosis was treated when I was 17 (although at that point I thought it was normal, so I don't know how long I'd actually had it going on).

How are you doing today?

Laura, good to hear from you. How's the pain? manageable, I hope. :hug:

I'm doing okay. Struggling to get schoolwork done when I am anxious, flustered, uncomfortable, and scared. Plus, being exhausted definitely doesn't help any.

:sigh:

AND I'm trying to get lunch down. Don't feel like eating much, but I have to... drat.

Got really shaky at tutoring today. Didn't feel too good. I took a Klonopin and came home and lay down for awhile.

Anyway, back to work............

:cry:

Poor April, panic attacks and fear are mighty enemies to beat that's for sure. (1 John 4)

When I was young, as young as I can remember, fear attacked me, for these horrible monsters were chasing me all the time - it was really bad.

However I got over my major fears by challenging them - I used to walk in the darkest scariest places just so I would learn not to be frightened. I even visited the graveyard at night, all alone, challenging my demons.

Then years later with medications the fear attacks came back and all my attempts to master fear fell by the wayside! Yet in faith I overcame it again - even though fear kept coming year after year - very bad even.

You see I've got a heart condition - irregular heartbeats, skipping, jumping and stand still exercises - especially when I haven't been sleeping for month in month out and am manic.

It took me awhile but now when the fear of death comes past - I start rejoicing and praising God spontaneously - one can always hope that misery will past for good any second. (However I have laid drenched in sweat waiting for my heart to start-up again countless times (sometimes many times a night) - and Satan screaming during such times - no fun as you can imagine.)

After I got over my worst fears - the fear for dying - for each time my heart would stop this fear would shoot in - especially when was awakened it was hard to master ("I come like a thief at might" - how true this is) - the medication was removed and fear stopped altogether - I have had only one small panic attack since then - in over 12 months.

The best method, I found working for me was NOT to respond to fear, taking your inabilities to Jesus and asking for fearlessness - letting fear to pass - no matter how demanding it becomes - and doing something different than fear demands you do! (like go, hide, run, take pills whatever!)

Listening to Truth I call that - the truth of your own inability and the truth of God's ability.

Sure this method sounds easy, but trust can be hard to get by when you can hear no heart beat - or when your heart jumps out of your chest - and you feel dizzy and nauseated from fear - sweaty times, call for a good wash though, and so Jesus comes in handy time and again.

April be greatly encouraged, I was totally unable to overcome my fear, as I had this unfaithful one dwelling/hiding within, and unfaithfulness is fearful of God's wrath - so my fear was assured. However in The End the fear attacks brought me closer to Jesus than anything else - the ultimate trust - to lay down your life for Him - so my unfaithful one died in The End and fear has not been able to grill me again receiving God's loving joy instead.

So please try - while you are on meds - to fight your fear by NOT HEEDING IT -

keep on telling yourself God's truth - I'm safe, even if I die - I'm safe in Him
- (no need to be scared though I know I am!)

- as that is your faith and it MUST work for you in The End - Behold He is coming SOON!

So when you learn to hold onto this truth right throughout a panic attack you will become more and more thankful and love God for being with you - even when you are freaking - as His love over you is assured. Yet please understand that panic doesn't go - but ability to cope comes - the fear will be killed by God's love in The End - God's ability coming more and more alive inside your chest because you are thankful to Him for your deliverance - fear has no chance against that!

Key things to climb up on when fear drags you down into that bottomless pit:

-Love
-Faith
-Trust
-Prayer
-Endurance
-Faithfulness
-Knowledge (of God's promises and truths.)
-Willingness (to fight Satan and your own inability.)

Gerry:wave:

Something to eat!

Eph 6:10-20

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

(19"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." - Please do pray that the spirit of Paul may work in your heart - so you will be as fearless as he is - so you can preach the Gospel to yourself - when your heart and mind are divided so badly by wrong because you are freaking.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.