Our 'American Apple Pie Religion' is a blend of Oprah Winfrey, Walt Disney and Dale Carnegie

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

I'm in the middle of writing my next book. It was going to be called The Way of the Warrior Priest but the working title now is Immortal Combat- Everyday Evil and the Only Solution. As part of the process I am being drawn to meditate increasingly on the reality of evil and how, at the root of it all, are lies. Lies, lies, lies...

Continued below.
https://dwightlongenecker.com/selling-the-american-jesus/

• Agree
Reactions: crossnote

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's rare when you hear a challenging homily or sermon anywhere anymore. Seems more of a motivational self-help talk anymore.
Yup. The big, nice churches keep getting bigger because everybody wants to feel good about themselves. I’m kinda glad when our priests challenge us from the ambo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love this article. Fr. Longenecker seems to put into words what I feel. I do not label myself conservative or liberal. I do it all issue by issue and how those issues radiate to society. Being a Catholic Christian does not make it popular but I'm not going to vote party in anything. Both have lost their minds and their so-called concerns are transparently self serving. Fr. Longenecker's book is still in the works. Not sure what his final decision on the title is going to be but I'll post it when it is out. :thumbsup:
New book awesome but.. WHERE did you get this ...well this say version of Apple pie? I am 58 and NEVER once heard it like that

Last edited:
Upvote 0