OSAS does not survive the "sola scriptura" test. Now what?

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus' physical blood was shed, but His physical blood is not available to us unless transubstantiation is true as a doctrine; in which case we eat His flesh and drink His blood every time we partake of communion.

Personally, I believe that we appropriate/partake of His flesh and blood when we simply believe in His death on the Cross for our sins.

Still praying for you, my friend.

I don't believe in transubstantiation. How does His physical blood cleanse you today? I would like to know what you think about His physical blood today. What does it mean to cleanse you? What does wash your robes in His blood mean? What do you mean you appropriate/partake of His blood when you simply believe?

Thank you for your prayers. However, knowing what you believe and knowing why you believe it is far more important.

I believe the spiritual significance of the blood is as follows: His blood signifies the truth of the word. No one has ever been cleansed by His physical blood. However, we do find this in the Bible -

Psalm 119:9
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

John 15:3
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Ephesians 5:26
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Now we have something concrete of which our faith can take hold and understand. Nobody can have any understanding of how physical blood can cleanse a person. It just doesn't compute upstairs. No one can have faith in something they don't understand.

We know faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Notice what Jesus said about hearing.

Matthew 13:15
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

The lack of seeing and hearing causes people to not understand. It is when people hear with their ears, see with their eyes, and understand with their heart that they are converted. Jesus also said this -

Matthew 13:13
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

People can see and not see a thing; they can hear and not hear a thing. Neither do they understand. Amos said this -

Amos 8:11
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:

Today, we have plenty of people hearing the word of the Lord, but if their ears are dull, they do not understand. So then, without hearing and understanding, there is no faith. Without understanding the signification of blood, what faith does one have in it?

Anyway, we know we are cleansed by His blood, and if we understand that heeding unto His word cleanses us, we can know His blood signifies the truth of the word. As Jesus said, 'Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you'.

Now we can wrap our wee minds around what Jesus said about drinking His blood to have life. To drink His blood is to be instructed in His truth of the word. Jesus did instruct us how to enter life. Many don't heed His instructions to the point of denying what He said. However, hearing, seeing, and understanding His truth, will cleanse us and allow us to enter life. Unfortunately, many are dull of hearing, and will not hear what Jesus said.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 6
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

If you meant the physical blood in all those passages you gave, then you must be consistent and say Jesus meant His physical blood in John.

"The Life is in the blood" Lev 17.

"Without the shedding of blood - no forgiveness of sins" Hebrews 9

Rom 3:25 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished

Rom 5:9 "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him."

Eph 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

Col 1:20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Heb 9:12
Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Heb 9: 14
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate.

1 Peter 1:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Rev 1:5
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,

Rev 7:14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Another one who hasn't drunk Jesus' physical blood, but thinks he has life.

Jesus shed His physical blood on the cross for each person.
That is real physical blood.

"The blood of martyrs is the seed of the saints" refers to martyrs willing to give up their life rather than give up their faith. "As we all know"

That does not mean that their blood spilled on the ground sprouts new humans.

Still it is their real blood ... physical blood that was shed.

Liberty in America purchased with the blood of her soldiers -- a high price. Real blood shed... yet not a literal "blood bank of payment"
Tell me how you have been washed with His blood. Give me the details. I've never seen anyone wash and clean anything with physical blood.

Your argument is "with the text" .

Yet your question is still a good one - because it directs us to the reason that the Bible is using that language.

Christ as our High Priest Hebrews 8:1-2 "the main point" according to Paul
Who has a blood sacrifice better than that of bulls and goats - Hebrews 9

In Heaven Christ stands as High Priest and points to the event of shedding His blood as the basis for His claim that the repentant sinner that comes to Him - should be forgiven of sin. Christ took our death for us - literally. Stood in our place paid the price of the "second death" Rev 20 -- in our stead.

And as Hebrews 9 points out this promise is claimed by us who live in Christ daily such that our "conscience is cleansed from the dead works of sin" Heb 9 - a daily process.

Heb 10
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I bet you're feeling pretty good about yourself. You did a lot of explaining.

I wonder if you know the spiritual meaning of blood? You have given me much on the physical side. A couple of passages you did not give are from John.

John 6
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Spiritual Meaning of Blood

So, I ask, have you drunk His physical blood? If not, you have no life in you. Jesus said His blood is drink indeed. Have you physically drunk His physical blood? How about eating His physical flesh? Have you done that also?

I'm willing to bet you are going to spiritualize these passages. We'll wait and see. If you do, then the blood in those passages you gave have a spiritual meaning also.

As far as the Passover, you have not shown it was for atoning sin. The Bible doesn't say that. I've asked you to read Exodus 12, and it seems you didn't find anything on atoning for sins. Passing over a house with blood on its door posts is not an atonement for sins.

Now, as far as an animal's blood shed for atonement, please tell us where God said to sacrifice that animal and what to do with its blood. Could Israel just go out into the field and kill an animal and be atoned for sin? Could they hang this sacrificial animal on a piece of wood until it died and call it an atonement? Where there requirements for this sacrifice? Will you tell us the requirements for sacrifices of atonement.

Also, was the sacrificed animals eaten before or after the its death? Compare your answer to Jesus' death?

Was the High Priest required to shed his own blood and offer himself upon the altar for atonement? Was human sacrifice acceptable to God? I hope you can give us Bible passages which say a human sacrifice pleased God.

I think you have more questions to answer. I see you didn't say why the animal killed for Adam and Eve was a a substitutionary atonement for them. All I see is it clothed them. Wearing animal skins is not what God said about atonement.

I have NO feelings at all about myself young man. That would be the sin of PRIDE.

I in fact only try to get out the Word of God "correctly and Biblically" and actually I want to thank YOU personally for asking questions which allow me to do just that.
There are lots of people who read our comments and several have thanked me for correctly dividing the Word of God which YOU have questioned and actually rejected.

You asked me...…..
"I wonder if you know the spiritual meaning of blood?"

As a matter of fact, YES I do. YOU however have proven by your comments that you do not.

Biblically speaking.... "blood" signifies charity, or love toward the neighbor; relatively to the regenerate celestial man it signifies love to the Lord; but relatively to the Lord it signifies all His Human essence, consequently Love itself, that is, His mercy toward the human race.

Hence "blood," in general, because it signifies love and what is of love, signifies celestial things, which are of the Lord alone; and thus relatively to man the celestial things which he receives from the Lord. The celestial things which the regenerate spiritual man receives from the Lord, are celestial spiritual-of which, by the Divine mercy of the Lord, elsewhere.

From ….Spiritual Meaning of Blood
For this reason blood was called the blood of the covenant, and was sprinkled upon the people, as also upon Aaron and his sons, together with the anointing oil; and the blood of every burnt-offering and sacrifice was sprinkled upon and around the altar.
(Exod. 12:7, 13, 22, 23; 24:6, 8;
Lev. 1:5, 11, 15; 4:6, 7, 17, 18, 25, 30, 34; 5:9; 16:14, 15, 18, 19;
Num. 18:17;
Deut. 12:27).

Because blood was held so sacred and man's will is so profane, the eating of blood was severely prohibited, on account of its representation of the profanation of what is holy. As in Moses:--

Lev. 3:17...……..
It shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings, that ye shall eat neither fat nor blood.

"Fat" here denotes celestial life, and "blood" celestial spiritual life. The celestial spiritual is the spiritual which is from the celestial; as in the Most Ancient Church love to the Lord was their celestial, because implanted in their will; their celestial spiritual was the faith therefrom, of which see above. With the spiritual man, however, the celestial does not exist, but the celestial spiritual, because charity has been implanted in his intellectual part. Again in Moses:--

Lev. 17:10,11,& 14.
Whosoever of the house of Israel, or of the sojourner sojourning among them, eateth any manner of blood, I will set My faces against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people; for the soul of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar, to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that maketh atonement for the soul. The soul of all flesh, it is the blood thereof; whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Here it is plainly shown that the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and that the soul of the flesh is the blood, or the celestial, that is, the holy, which is the Lord's.

Deut. 12:23-25...……..
"Be sure that thou eat not the blood; for the blood is the soul, and thou shalt not eat the soul with the flesh."

From this passage also it is evident that the blood is called the soul, that is, celestial life, or the celestial, which was represented by the burnt-offerings and sacrifices of that church. And in the same way, that what is celestial, which is the Lord's Own (Domini Proprium) - which alone is celestial and holy, was not to be commingled with that which is man's own, which is profane-was also represented by the command that they should not sacrifice or offer the blood of the sacrifice on what was leavened. (Exod. 23:18; 34:25).

What was leavened signified what is corrupt and defiled. That blood is called the soul and signifies the holy of charity, and that the holy of love was represented in the Jewish Church by blood, is because the life of the body consists in the blood. And as the life of the body consists in the blood, this is its ultimate soul, so that the blood may be said to be the corporeal soul, or that in which is the corporeal life of man; and inasmuch as in the representative churches internal things were represented by external, the soul or celestial life was represented by the blood.

Then you attempted to use John 6 to substaciate your opinions. So now you have fallen to the level of supporting Catholic false teaching of TRANSUBSTACIATION.

However, the correct exegesis of ALL Scripture is rooted in CONTEXTUAL purity.
As such, Jesus' words should be seen in the context of many parables and figurative references.

First of all......For example, Jesus says, "I am the Vine" (John 15:1).
Do you then believe that Jesus was a PLANT????
That would be the logical understanding to YOUR proposal.

What about the Door (John 10:9).
Do you believe that Jesus was a DOOR with a knob.

He also said He was the Bread (John 6:41).
So according to YOUR opinions Jesus was a SANDWICH.

Jesus' main method of teaching was through parables; for Jesus, parables were not the exception but the rule, though when necessary he explained the parables to his disciples (Mark 4:34).

Secodly.....Jesus held the bread in his hand when he said "This is my body," at the same time that the disciples could see his physical body. There was a clear distinction between the two. The context therefore requires a figurative interpretation.

Third.....The phrase "this cup is a new covenant" (Luke 22:20) surely doesn't mean that the physical cup is the new covenant. That phrase is clearly symbolic and figurative. So are the words about the bread being Jesus' body.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I bet you're feeling pretty good about yourself. You did a lot of explaining.

I wonder if you know the spiritual meaning of blood? You have given me much on the physical side. A couple of passages you did not give are from John.

John 6

If you meant the physical blood in all those passages you gave, then you must be consistent and say Jesus meant His physical blood in John.

So, I ask, have you drunk His physical blood? If not, you have no life in you. Jesus said His blood is drink indeed. Have you physically drunk His physical blood? How about eating His physical flesh? Have you done that also?

I'm willing to bet you are going to spiritualize these passages. We'll wait and see. If you do, then the blood in those passages you gave have a spiritual meaning also.

As far as the Passover, you have not shown it was for atoning sin. The Bible doesn't say that. I've asked you to read Exodus 12, and it seems you didn't find anything on atoning for sins. Passing over a house with blood on its door posts is not an atonement for sins.

Now, as far as an animal's blood shed for atonement, please tell us where God said to sacrifice that animal and what to do with its blood. Could Israel just go out into the field and kill an animal and be atoned for sin? Could they hang this sacrificial animal on a piece of wood until it died and call it an atonement? Where there requirements for this sacrifice? Will you tell us the requirements for sacrifices of atonement.

Also, was the sacrificed animals eaten before or after the its death? Compare your answer to Jesus' death?

Was the High Priest required to shed his own blood and offer himself upon the altar for atonement? Was human sacrifice acceptable to God? I hope you can give us Bible passages which say a human sacrifice pleased God.

I think you have more questions to answer. I see you didn't say why the animal killed for Adam and Eve was a a substitutionary atonement for them. All I see is it clothed them. Wearing animal skins is not what God said about atonement.

YOUR OWN words are astonishing to me. I am having a real concern that you ask such questions and yet continue to try and teach Christian theology to all of us.

With all due respect to you my friend, you really do need to get into a Bible believing church and get involved in a good Bible study program that they offer.

You asked...……
Have you physically drunk His physical blood? How about eating His physical flesh?

You are promoting the false Catholic teaching of TRANSUBSTANCIATION whether you realize it or not. This is a tradition of the RCC and has absolutely NO Bible Scriptures to support it. IF that is what you are wanting to do, I think you should begin the conversation on YOUR own thread as it has nothing to do with OSAS.

We as born again believers partake of the blood and flesh of Jesus Christ by FAITH.
There is no indication that Jesus' words were meant to be literal.

The Scriptures refer to the elements as the body and blood. However, they emphatically teach that Christ's words were spiritual words when talking about consuming His flesh and blood in John 6:63; 16:25-3 and 1 Corinthians 10:3-4.

In other words, we inherit eternal salvation by coming to Jesus BY FAITH and believing on Him. This point was articulated clearly by our Lord Jesus Christ in John 6:35.

There are no implications in the biblical accounts of the Lord's Supper that the apostles believed that the elements were "changed" into the body and blood of Christ. In fact, we do not have any particle of scriptural evidence for anyone believing in the doctrine of transubstantiation. Neither do we see any instructions for priests who need to know how to conduct the Eucharistic ritual in any of the New Testament epistles to the churches. There is not even the slightest implication of such activity.

Then you said...……….
"As far as the Passover, you have not shown it was for atoning sin."

Again you are wrong. "I" do not have to shown anyone anything. I have posted the Scriptures from the Word of God and YOU have rejected them my friend in favor of your own WOKS for salvation false teaching.

I can NOT make you believe anything and I will not try to do so. If the Lord does not move you to believe His Word then there is nothing I can say that would.

Substitutionary Atonement goes all the way back to the Garden of Eden and YOU have been shown that.

Then you said...…….
"Please tell us where God said to kill an animal and what to do with it.

Genesis 3:21...….1st animal sacrifice for sin was by God---
"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them."

For the 3RD time.....Do you think that those animals had a heart attack and fell over dead and Jesus came along and lick them up and made those garments.

The first death in God's creation took place when God made coats of skins to clothe Adam and Eve. God killed animals, most likely lambs, to provide clothing to cover Adam and Eve's exposed nakedness.

Our perfect, holy God willingly shed the very first drop of blood ever shed for the sake of mankind. The shedding of blood, the first death, came as a result of man using his free will to choose to sin, to not trust God's goodness, to rebel against Him.

God willingly shed blood, the first blood, for His creation.

God required offerings and sacrifices to be made as a form of obedience to Him and of atonement for man's sinful rebellion and that is seen in the 1st reading of the Law in Lev. 1:3-4...…………
"If his offering be a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the Lord. And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him."

Throughout the Old Testament we find offerings and blood sacrifices being made by God's chosen people, Israel. This practice pointed to the coming of the Messiah, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who became the permanent, final, perfect, unblemished blood sacrifice. Jesus paid full price for mans' sin and overcame the curse that sin brought upon mankind.

IF you are really interested in the procedures and requirement of an animal sacrifice you can read them in Leviticus chapter 1-7 because that is way to much info to post here.

Now the rest of your question are so far removed from the norm, I refuse to respond to them.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why don't you pray for the truth? Jesus never said He was a substitutionary atonement. Why do you not listen to what Jesus said? 'If you want to enter life, keep the commandments'. What is so hard to understand?

So many people want to put words into Jesus' lips. Believe me, if it was so important, Jesus would have mentioned it. To some people, it's a life and death issue, but Jesus didn't thinks so.

Read the BOOK. Do the work!

Luke 24:27...…
"And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself."

2 Tim. 3:16...………
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

Colossians 3:16...……
"For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him."

According to the Word of God, EVERY word written by men over 1500 years that made up the Bible, was given to those men by the Lord Jesus Christ.

So then, again...…..read Leviticus chapters 1-7 and you will see that Jesus Himself gave the directions and procedures for Substitionary Atonement.

IT was IMPORTANT and that is exactly why Jesus Himself gave the instructions.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You people! There was no righteousness in a dead animal's skin. Where do you all get these ideas? There was no atonement in a dead animal's skin. Why do you all make up these things?
Righteousness is equated with clothing over and for our nakedness in Isaiah 64:6 and Revelation 19:8.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe in transubstantiation. How does His physical blood cleanse you today? I would like to know what you think about His physical blood today. What does it mean to cleanse you? What does wash your robes in His blood mean? What do you mean you appropriate/partake of His blood when you simply believe?

Thank you for your prayers. However, knowing what you believe and knowing why you believe it is far more important.

I believe the spiritual significance of the blood is as follows: His blood signifies the truth of the word. No one has ever been cleansed by His physical blood. However, we do find this in the Bible -

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Now we have something concrete of which our faith can take hold and understand. Nobody can have any understanding of how physical blood can cleanse a person. It just doesn't compute upstairs. No one can have faith in something they don't understand.

We know faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Notice what Jesus said about hearing.

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

The lack of seeing and hearing causes people to not understand. It is when people hear with their ears, see with their eyes, and understand with their heart that they are converted. Jesus also said this -

Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

People can see and not see a thing; they can hear and not hear a thing. Neither do they understand. Amos said this -

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:

Today, we have plenty of people hearing the word of the Lord, but if their ears are dull, they do not understand. So then, without hearing and understanding, there is no faith. Without understanding the signification of blood, what faith does one have in it?

Anyway, we know we are cleansed by His blood, and if we understand that heeding unto His word cleanses us, we can know His blood signifies the truth of the word. As Jesus said, 'Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you'.

Now we can wrap our wee minds around what Jesus said about drinking His blood to have life. To drink His blood is to be instructed in His truth of the word. Jesus did instruct us how to enter life. Many don't heed His instructions to the point of denying what He said. However, hearing, seeing, and understanding His truth, will cleanse us and allow us to enter life. Unfortunately, many are dull of hearing, and will not hear what Jesus said.

You said...…….
"Unfortunately, many are dull of hearing, and will not hear what Jesus said."

And all who read your opinions said...……..AMEN!

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another one who hasn't drunk Jesus' physical blood, but thinks he has life. Until you drink His physical blood, you are without life.

Tell me how you have been washed with His blood. Give me the details. I've never seen anyone wash and clean anything with physical blood. Also, tell us how you have washed your physical robes in His physical blood. Oh, the ideas earthly minded men have.

Titus 3:5...…….
“NOT BY WORKS of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost”.

This Bible verse makes it plain and simple that good works will not save anyone.

Listen to the message of Ephesians 2:8-9...…
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.”

How many Scriptures does God need to put in front of our face before YOU get the idea—salvation is not by keeping commandments.

Galatians 2:16......
“Knowing that a man is NOT JUSTIFIED BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and NOT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW: for BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED”.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions!!! The plain teaching of the Inspired Word of God is that salvation is NOT BY WORKS. You just read the Scriptures for yourself.

We are challenged in 2nd Timothy 2:15 to ……….
STUDY to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.”

This is how we learn the Bible, by dividing it (cross-referencing). When we compare one Scripture with other Scriptures, we obtain true doctrine. This is where you have gotten yourself into big trouble—by failing to “rightly divide” the Word of Truth...…..IMO.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another one who hasn't drunk Jesus' physical blood, but thinks he has life. Until you drink His physical blood, you are without life.

Tell me how you have been washed with His blood. Give me the details. I've never seen anyone wash and clean anything with physical blood. Also, tell us how you have washed your physical robes in His physical blood. Oh, the ideas earthly minded men have.

By your own words we can see that you have never read Romans 3:25 as it says...……….
“Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through FAITH IN HIS BLOOD, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.”

The word “propitiation” in the Greek means “to appease one’s wrath.” In other words, it is our faith in the shed blood of Christ that removes us from under the condemnation of God’s Law.

God’s wrath is turned away and we obtain divine favor because of Jesus’ blood. It is “FAITH IN HIS BLOOD” that brings the forgiveness and cleansing of sins. Anyone who denies the importance of Jesus shed blood is a heretic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

YOUR own words say...………….
"I don't believe in transubstantiation. How does His physical blood cleanse you today? I would like to know what you think about His physical blood today. What does it mean to cleanse you? What does wash your robes in His blood mean? What do you mean you appropriate/partake of His blood when you simply believe".

This is just another example of how confused and messed up your thinking is. You say that you do not believe in Transubstantiation but that is exactly what you are using to validate your false teaching.

The rest of your questions are basic Christianity 101. Again if you will read the book you will learn what God has said.

Ephesians 1:7 says...…………..
“In whom we have REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace”.

The Bible is clear as can be—the blood of Jesus redeems! How can anyone be so misinformed as to deny the power of the blood?

Ephesians 2:13...……….
“But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are MADE NIGH BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST”.

Colossians 1:14...……..
We are reconciled and brought back close to God by Christ’s blood. “In whom we have REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD, even the forgiveness of sins”.

There are a multitude of other references throughout the Bible teaching that Jesus’ blood is very important.

May I say to you as lovingly as I can that It is a dangerous thing to make light of the blood of Christ, as you are doing in front of all the world to see.

1 John 1:7...………….
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST HIS SON CLEANSETH US FROM ALL SIN”.

It is Jesus’ blood that cleanses away the sinners sins.

Revelation 1:5...……….
“And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and WASHED US FROM OUR SINS IN HIS OWN BLOOD”.

What a wonderful Savior! We owe Jesus a debt of gratitude which cannot be adequately expressed with words. Christ has paid the price to redeem us unto Himself. Yes, the death of Christ is important also but it would not have been sufficient by itself to redeem us. The blood had to be shed and applied to the mercy seat in Heaven.

READ THE BOOK my friend !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not going to read that; no offense. If you want to give a synopsis of what is said, I will read it on this forum.

And there is the problem all wrapped up in your own words.

READ THE BOOK!!!!

Upvote 0