United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Wikipedia?

(I hope this gif shows)

EDIT: Nope. I withdraw my statement.

Claims can be evaluated on their own merit and the sources that they refer to. That's the beauty of wiki. Not asserting any kind of infallibility here, just that it provides a concise summary of various arguments that have been posited over time.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Claims can be evaluated on their own merit and the sources that they refer to. That's the beauty of wiki. Not asserting any kind of infallibility here, just that it provides a concise summary of various arguments that have been posited over time.
I know- Wiki just wouldn't be my go-to site since anyone can edit it (and I wouldn't be able to cite that if I were writing a paper).

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟174,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OP: read about the "Keenan Catechism." Gurney drops microphone and walks away swinging arms like George Jefferson

Keenan Wynn wrote a catechism? Who knew??

Keenan wynn Dr. Strangelove.jpg

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'll take a look at some point since the Papal Supremacy thing was actually one of the reasons I chose the Orthodox church over the Catholic church.
It was the same reason I couldn’t believe in the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was all before he starred in that barrage of Disney flicks and long before his embarrassing appearance in Laserblast! He was great as the police chief on Kolchak! LOL

Dude, you have to watch "Laserblast." It's the Plan 9 From Outer Space of the 1970's! LOL

Keenan Wynn wrote a catechism? Who knew??

View attachment 236408

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What?! It's as if you guys find it bizarre to exhume a bishop, cut off his fingers, have a trial with a deacon answering for a dead guy, etc.? Get with the program!

Caligula once installed a horse as a bishop. What's so odd about that!? ^_^^_^^_^

I'm thinking of having my Shih-Tzu stand in for me at work. With the students I've had the last 3 years, it wouldn't make much difference.

• Haha
Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,486,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What?! It's as if you guys find it bizarre to exhume a bishop, cut off his fingers, have a trial with a deacon answering for a dead guy, etc.? Get with the program!

nah, that wasn't what was weird. all the decision reversing afterwards, however...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're absolutely right, Father. Nothing odd about trying a corpse. Happens so frequently...:sorry:

nah, that wasn't what was weird. all the decision reversing afterwards, however...

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would yield that point to you, Father, as someone far more knowledgable than yours truly. All I recall is Emperor Justinian I condemning him as a heretic and torching Origen's writings. I don't recall them exhuming him and kicking his post-mortem tukus. But I don't doubt it. You're usually correct on these things.

well, yeah. I mean that's what they did with Origen, right?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,486,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would yield that point to you, Father, as someone far more knowledgable than yours truly. All I recall is Emperor Justinian I condemning him as a heretic and torching Origen's writings. I don't recall them exhuming him and kicking his post-mortem tukus. But I don't doubt it. You're usually correct on these things.

they didn't do that to Origen, that was me being sarcastic

Upvote 0