USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
GT gives me a headache, but I think the guy in the wolf costume is worse. At least the people in GT have the decency to wear sheep's clothing and be inwardly wolves. That guy's got it all backwards. :confused:
Well, there is a guy with a wolf face avatar and he is really friendly

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
That being shown. @ArmyMatt Do you know why Moses called himself humble in a book he wrote?
I thought that there are parts of the Pentateuch that were written not by Moses but maybe by Joshua or another one of his successors, although Moses wrote the majority.

(For example, the death of Moses - it could have been written by him as we have other examples of saints foretelling the contexts and times of their deaths, but I’d heard it taught that someone else wrote those parts)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That being shown. @ArmyMatt Do you know why Moses called himself humble in a book he wrote?

either it was revealed to him by God, or added later by someone else revealed by God.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our catechesis was a questioning format, so that was very good for me.
I think it’s really interesting how catechesis is so different from person to person, priest to priest. It makes sense - everyone learns and teaches differently, but it is just interesting to me to see how other people were catechized, and how it seems to be different from how it was for me - not in a bad way, of course

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think it’s really interesting how catechesis is so different from person to person, priest to priest. It makes sense - everyone learns and teaches differently, but it is just interesting to me to see how other people were catechized, and how it seems to be different from how it was for me - not in a bad way, of course
Our priest did do a formal presentation catechesis one year. I went to most of those too just to learn. But he seems to prefer the question method. He does introduce certain topics to make sure they are covered, but mostly it worked out that within 2 hours or more a week for a year, most topics get discussed. Especially with a class of several catechumens.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
my formal catechesis was a line by line of the Creed and the Our Father, and the priest was always there to answer extra questions.
Before my parish priest left, he used to do the line by line of the Our Father.

Upvote 0