Origin of Allah? (Muslims Members Please Respond)

Hi there-

In light over the confusion in my question, "Is Allah the Same God as Yahweh," I wanted to try and be more specific.

Where did your faith originate? I know about Mohammed and Gabriel, but I am interested in the history of your faith before that moment.

You profess to have the faith of your ancestor, Abraham, correct? If so, did "Muslims" worship Yahweh in some manner before Mohammed's revelation? Or were there no "Muslim" followers before that moment?

Thanks a lot! Peace and God Bless

zeeshan

Aug 10, 2002
Visit site
✟163.00
Good Morning,
I hope you are well, Souljah :) .
The word 'Muslim' means one who submits (to the will of the one true God). So that anyone (or for that matter anything) that submits to the will of the one true God are Muslims. One of the qualitities of that one true God is that He is the Creator of the universe and whatever is in it. So, it would be correct to say that even the trees, the clouds, the animals that we see and so on are 'Muslims' because they do exactly as their Creator wants them to do (they have no other choice). My point is that (as far as the human race is concerned), the word 'Muslim' is not meant specially for the followers of the prophet Muhammad(SA) but for all people who submit to the will of the one true God. We believe that Abraham(AS) was a 'Muslim' in that he had submitted to the will of the one true God (whom we call Allah) and so were all of the other prophets including Moses(AS), Adam(AS), Jesus(AS) and so on. We also believe that initially, i.e. during and some time after the time of Adam(AS), all people were 'Muslim' in that they were submitted to the one true God. Then, as time went on, mankind started associating partners with Allah (in the forms of idols, by calling some of His creation the sons or daughters of Allah and so on). Whenever this happened, Allah sent down His prophet(s) to convey the message of truth to mankind. The message of the prophets always had the same form and that is that 'There is no god but God and I am the prophet of God'. But soon after a prophet left, humans frequently started associating partners with Allah again and started distorting the truth again. Prophet Muhammad(SA) was sent to us by Allah for the same reason. Earlier, prophets were sent to certain parts in this world to certain people... prophet Muhammad(SA) was sent to all mankind from his times uptil the day of Judgement since he was the last prophet. So the bottom line is this: There were 'Muslims' (with respect to the definition of the word) in all eras of human history...'Muslims' who submitted themselves to Allah and who obeyed their respective prophet(s). However, the laws by which we are to live our lives and by which we are to interact in our society were changed by Allah as He willed.
I hope that helped :) .

Your brother in humanity,
Zeeshan.

Upvote 0
Well, I submit to the one true God, so I guess that makes me Muslim, lol. :) But seriously, I also recognize that Jesus is the physical manifestation of that one true God, so I am a Christian.

I guess I was wondering about your organized religion before Mohammed's revelation. Did "Muslims" hold church services?

Upvote 0

Zico

Alhamdu Lillahi Rabbil Alameen
Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by s0uljah
Well, I submit to the one true God, so I guess that makes me Muslim, lol. :) But seriously, I also recognize that Jesus is the physical manifestation of that one true God, so I am a Christian.

I guess I was wondering about your organized religion before Mohammed's revelation. Did "Muslims" hold church services?

Well souljah, There was no organised Muslim practice before Muhammad*pbuh*, people at that time only knew their lord and feared him just like Muhammad did before his revelation.

And again souljah, don't force your view of truth on other people, you know muslims don't pray in churches, and for that matter never did Adam or Abraham or Moses*pbut*

Upvote 0

Zico

Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Zico-

Would you like to add something? I dont have any answers yet to my question.

Souljah,

If you want an answer to the topic question, then i believe i have answered this exact question before, but if you need answers to the questions you asked later in the thread body, then i believe br. zeeshan has answered you questions fully.

Upvote 0
And again souljah, don't force your view of truth on other people, you know muslims don't pray in churches, and for that matter never did Adam or Abraham or Moses

Why are you so confrontational. You dont gather in churches? News to me. Oh, you call them mosques. Same difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by Zico
We don't sing in the same place we pray in souljah, non of the prophets*pbut* did, so chuches are churches and mosques are mosques.

Ok, news to me. Try to be less defensive. I know you are in a "hostile" forum, but I am trying to learn, not fight.

Upvote 0

zeeshan

Aug 10, 2002
Visit site
✟163.00
Good Afternoon,
I hope everybody is fine :) .

I think I have to make one clarification. Before I do that, I have to say that I do not mean to offend anybody (as some christians might find this offensive) and I respect whatever beliefs others may have. This clarification regards what Muslims believe.

As I have said before, we believe that Jesus(AS) was the prophet of the one true God and he was a human being like us. We believe that by stating that Jesus(AS) is the son of God, you are actually associating partners with the one true God. Furthermore, we believe that the present day versions of the Bible are not equal to the original bible...in other words we believe the present day versions of the Bible are the distorted truth. (This is not the place to discuss the reasons for this belief). Now, read my post again. Now, here is what the Muslims believe. Jesus(AS) came as a prophet from the one true God to his people. He called them to the same thing as all of the prophets before him, i.e. "There is no god but God and I am the prophet of God". There were people who accepted the message. However, later on, something occured, the likeness of which had occured after the demise of earlier prophets. Followers of Jesus(AS) distorted the truth, changed the words of the Holy Bible with their own words and started worshipping Jesus(AS) as the son of God. Soon after the truth was distorted for the umpteenth time by mankind, God sent down another prophet which was to be the last prophet. He was prophet Muhammad(SA), a mercy to the entire universe and definitely a mercy for mankind until the day of Judgement. He called towards the same thing as the other prophets "There is no god but God and I am the messenger of God". Some amongst the Jews and Christians decided to believe him and became Muslim after realizing that this was the prophet of God, the coming of whom had been predicted in their holy books. Others rejected and remained Christian or Jew. Infact, there is a steady stream of Jews and Christians that are realizing the same thing in present times and becoming Muslim and ofcourse, there are those that are rejecting despite the prediction of another prophet being in their holy books. So we have present day christianity and Judaism (spelling?). So, we believe that christians are not submitted to the will of the one true God because they are not doing what God has commanded them to do (e.g. worship none other than Him....and that means not worshipping Jesus(AS)) and they are doing that which God had commanded them not to do (e.g. worshipping Jesus(AS)). Obviously, since we believe that the present day versions of the bible contain the distorted truth, we also believe that it is not the place to turn for the absolute truth which will tell us the will of God so that we can submit to it. So, even with respect to the definition of the word, Christians are not 'Muslims'. The only way they could be is if they accept the Quran as the absolute truth because the Holy Quran is the only book left that is the word of God, word for word and so it states exactly what God wants from us and how to submit to Him. It makes sense that God has chosen to preserve the truth in the form of the Holy Quran since there will be no more prophets and so if the truth were to be distorted for the (umpteen+1)th time, humanity would be lost with no place to go for the absolute truth...indeed it is a mercy from God...from Allah. If Christians accepted the Holy Quran as the absolute truth, they would be Muslims indeed...and that is what we, as Muslims, believe. I hope that explains why Muslims don't believe that christians are submitted to the one true God :) .

your brother in humanity,
Zeeshan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zeeshan

Aug 10, 2002
Visit site
✟163.00
Good Afternoon,
I hope you are well, stormy :) .

"However, the laws by which we are to live our lives and by which we are to interact in our society were changed by Allah as He willed."

As I have mentioned before, we believe that there have been many prophets in human history that have come to mankind with essentially the same message. ('There is no god but God and I am the prophet of God'). We also believe that alot of the prophets also came with rules and laws with which the people to whom they were sent were to live their lives. These laws have not been the same throughout human history. God has changed them over time as He willed depending on the era in which the prophets were sent and depending on alot of other variables. For example, Allah has stated in the Quran which animals are permissable for us to eat and which are not. It was not exactly the same for all mankind before the times of prophet Muhammad(SA). I hope that clears things up. Please ask if you still have questions regarding this. :)

your brother in humanity,
Zeeshan.

Upvote 0

Zico

Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, news to me. Try to be less defensive. I know you are in a "hostile" forum, but I am trying to learn, not fight.

Sorry souljah,

You seem to repeat the same questions again and again and this is not the way to learn.

But i do have something interesting for you if you want it , and it's related to the arabic translation of KJV....... if you trust the middle eastern christians to be real christians.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Zeeshan: Thank you for responding to my question. :)

But I was hoping for a more explicit answer.

I am a Christian.

Is Allah upset with me for believing that God has a son?

What consequences do you think that I face for believing in Christ?

What other rules has Allah given that I might be unknowingly breaking?

This last question is a touchy one, and I hope you are able to answer without anger... but in all truthfullness.

Do you think that Allah wanted the attack that was brought upon America?

Upvote 0