Origin of Allah? (Muslims Members Please Respond)

Hank

has the Right to be wrong
May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From the Nobel Quran

2. Al-Baqarah Verse 23

And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'ân) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a Sûrah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allâh, if you are truthful.

So, if I am a Jew and show
Ezekiel 36-39, which prophecies the re-birth of the nation of Israel (which happened in 1947) and subsequently shows and foretells of a large confrontation with earthly rulers, where G-d will demonstrate his glory, would this be proof?

2. Al-Baqarah Verse 28

How can you disbelieve in Allâh? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return.

How does that statement differ from the teachings of Christ?

2. Al-Baqarah Verse 96

And verily, you will find them (the Jews) the greediest of mankind for life and (even greedier) than those who - ascribe partners to Allâh (and do not believe in Resurrection - Magians, pagans, and idolaters, etc.). Everyone of them wishes that he could be given a life of a thousand years. But the grant of such life will not save him even a little from (due) punishment. And Allâh is All-Seer of what they do.

This is true Jews do not believe in the resurrection since there is no biblical explanation for it. The question here is: What punishment is comming for whom?

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zico , I would like to know the same things that souljah is asking .

1 - Prior to mohammad , what holy book did the arabs obtain the knowlege that there was a god , and what was the name of that book ?

2 - If there was no holy book prior to mohammad , then where did the arabs obtain their knowlege of god , another prophet before mohammad ?

You know what I'm saying zico , people don't just wake up one morning and say , gee I think there must be a god , I think I'll call him allah .

Information about any god , must come from somewhere , so if my first 2 questions are irelevent , then where did the arabs obtain their knowlege of God prior to mohammad  ? 

Zico , could you please keep the answer simple so we can all understand , and please , no web sites , just simple truth will do fine .

Upvote 0

Zico

Alhamdu Lillahi Rabbil Alameen
Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Brian45
Zico , I would like to know the same things that souljah is asking .

1 - Prior to mohammad , what holy book did the arabs obtain the knowlege that there was a god , and what was the name of that book ?

2 - If there was no holy book prior to mohammad , then where did the arabs obtain their knowlege of god , another prophet before mohammad ?

You know what I'm saying zico , people don't just wake up one morning and say , gee I think there must be a god , I think I'll call him allah .

Information about any god , must come from somewhere , so if my first 2 questions are irelevent , then where did the arabs obtain their knowlege of God prior to mohammad  ? 

Zico , could you please keep the answer simple so we can all understand , and please , no web sites , just simple truth will do fine .

First of all my deepest condolences goes to the families and friends of those who lost their lifes one year ago.

Secondly, i'm going to make this as easy as i can :

1- All arab Christians acknowledge the name of their God to be Allah ( as i will prove later ), pagan arabs knew his name also but they used to ascribe daughters to him ( al-lat , al-ozza and mina ).

2- Muhammad*pbuh* descends from the tribe of Bani Hashim ( Hashimites ), this tribe believes in the God of Abraham*pbuh*, yet it does not know how to pray for him, they knew that Abraham built the Ka'aba and it's the holy house of God, so they put idols in there and pray for them to take them closer to God,, Muhammad by the other hand was the only one ( even his enemies from his own family such as his uncle abo lahab testify to that ) who never bowed down to an idol, not in his childhood and not even in his youth when he was a shepherd

3- Who was the one who told Muhammad about what was happening to him ( Gabriel's descent and the beginning of revelation ) ? it was Waraqah Bin Nawfal the qousin of Khadeejah Bint Khowailed the wife of the prophet and he was christian, and yes this demonstrates that back in those times there were people with better understanding of the Bible and the Torah. yet not the full truth.

You have to forgive me guys, i know more about this but you have to blame language barrier between us, i hope that brothers ansar or zeeshan can add more to this subject in a more simple matter.

but now i do have a question :

Why was there a need for God to send Jesus Christ after Moses*pbut* ? didn't Moses come with a clear book from God to be a sign for all people ?

PS. souljah, Go to link no.6 in this page   http://www.answering-christianity.com/allah.htm you should find this interesting.

I suggest you read the others as well.

Upvote 0

zeeshan

Aug 10, 2002
Visit site
✟163.00
Good Afternoon,
I hope you are well, stormy. :)
Muslims believe that the Holy Quran is the absolute truth so I am giving you answers to your question based on the Holy Quran. It might be shocking or even offensive to christians but it is the truth so it must be said.

Is Allah upset with me for believing that God has a son?

In the Holy Quran, Allah tells us the following:
"009.030 The Jews call 'Uzair a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the
son of God. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what
the unbelievers of old used to say. God's curse be on them: how they are deluded
away from the
Truth!" (9:30)

and I don't think anything needs to be added to that.

What consequences do you think that I face for believing in Christ?

That depends on who you believe Christ was. If you think he was the son of God, then the above Quranic verse is relevant. Allah tells us in the Quran that Christ was an apostle.... a prophet of God:

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of
God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an
apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding
from Him: so bel
ieve in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for
you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a
son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as
a Disposer of a
ffairs." (4:171)

What other rules has Allah given that I might be unknowingly breaking?
The Holy Quran is filled with wisdom, guidance and the absolute truth for those of understanding. So it also contains all the rules that we should follow. If you want to know, the best thing to do is read the Quran (even an authentic translation)...and please keep in mind the context of each of the verses. If something doesn't make sense, try finding out through a scholar of Islam or ask a Muslim you know to help you and please don't make the mistake alot of people nowadays seem to be making...don't jump to your own conclusions.

Do you think that Allah wanted the attack that was brought upon America?

Firstly, let me take this opportunity to offer my condolences (spelling?) to all the families and friends and close ones of all those who were killed in last years attacks.
Secondly, my answer will probably be touchier for alot of people than the question. Allah does not want anyone to kill innocent people no matter what religion or race a person belongs to. So Allah definitely did not want the terrorists to do what they did. As far as Allah wanting the actual attacks to take place is concerned, I don't think I can answer that question in the best way. But I will try tomorrow...I've run out of time right now, I have a class. I hope the rest of my answers were helpful. :)

Your brother in humanity,

Zeeshan.

Upvote 0

Hank

May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally posted by zeeshan
"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of
God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an
apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding
from Him: so bel
ieve in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for
you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a
son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as
a Disposer of a
ffairs." (4:171) 

I don't think anyone will answer my previous questions, too  tough for the average, maybe I will be more lucky here.

If you believe Christ was a prophet how can you disbelieve He is the Son of God, since He (Jesus) said so himself that He is?

Upvote 0

Zico

Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Hank
I don't think anyone will answer my previous questions, too  tough for the average, maybe I will be more lucky here.

If you believe Christ was a prophet how can you disbelieve He is the Son of God, since He (Jesus) said so himself that He is?

Hello Hank,

We as muslims believe that the present day Bible(s) is not the original word of God as spoken by Jesus Christ*pbuh*

here are some Q&A's that could prove helpful to you and the other brothers here  http://www.answering-christianity.com/askme.htm

Upvote 0

zeeshan

Aug 10, 2002
Visit site
✟163.00
Good Morning,
I hope everyone is well. :)

Unfortunately, I do not know how to answer that question. For fear of saying something that is not right, I am not answering the question. Sorry about that. I hope the other Muslims on this forum can help.

Will Allah send them to Hell for killing innocent people?

As far as those responsible for the attacks that perished in the attacks themselves, it seems to me that Allah will send them to hell. However, I shouldn't say anything with authority because only Allah has authority to send a person to either heaven or hell.

take care :)

Your brother in humanity,
Zeeshan.

Upvote 0

Hank

May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally posted by Zico
Hello Hank,

We as muslims believe that the present day Bible(s) is not the original word of God as spoken by Jesus Christ*pbuh*

here are some Q&A's that could prove helpful to you and the other brothers here  http://www.answering-christianity.com/askme.htm

Thanks for the link. It did not answer my question it simply raised many more.

Here an excerpt of the link you gave

The difference between the Bible and the Noble Quran is the following:
1- The Noble Quran was revealed to one person, and it was also recited by one person.   The Bible was revealed to many people, and it was recited by many people.
2- The Noble Quran was memorized by Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and his followers.  They then documented it on paper.  The Bible wasn't memorized by anyone, nor was documented by it's Prophets.
3- The Noble Quran was and still is recited in whole in the Holy Month of Ramadan, and recited partly during our daily prayers.  So corrupting it during Prophet Muhammad's time was virtually impossible, because EVERYONE knew it.  The Bible is not recited by anyone.  It's own theologians today don't even have it memorized.
Having said all of the above points, it becomes now clear that the Noble Quran was much easier to maintain and protect than the Bible.

Logically, no. It’s circular reasoning. Let’s say I am putting my Jewish hat on (I am not Jewish, but have many friends in the Jewish Faith). You say the Quran is memorized, written and and documented by one person. I can say Ezekiel is written and documented by one person. The Quran has yet to tell one prophecy which is fulfilled. Ezekiel is partly fulfilled (… to 1947AD so far). In other words if you can accept one prophet at a time so can I by systematically analyzing one prophet at a time in the Bible. Yes, the Bible as a hole is questionable, some books may not be.

I know you accept a version of Jesus, do you accept Ezekiel?

Or do you just accept one man’s word, that from the prophet Mohamed, that the entire Bible is unreliable? ( http://www.answering-christianity.com/que9.htm ) 

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zico

Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Hank,

1- The Qur'an is not a book of prophecies it is a book of science, wisdom and knowledge ( although it contains some prophecies ) .

2- Muslims only aknowledge the names of the prophets mentioned in the Qur'an ( that includes the 5 mighty willed ones : Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad*pbut* . yet God also told us in the Qur'an that there are many messengers that we don't know about.

3- We also believe that the Bible and Torah both contain prophecies that have been fulfilled and some that could be fulfilled in the future since both still contain some of the words of God.

sorry if i couldn't be of much help here Hank, but if you do have serious questions and would like to find satisfactory answers to them i would recommend the the website of sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid http://www.islam-qa.com , he is one of the best Islamic lectureres and authors and he welcomes questions on any topic regarding knowledge about islam.

I hope this helps, and God knows best.

Upvote 0

Hank

May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally posted by Zico  
... i would recommend the the website of sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid http://www.islam-qa.com , he is one of the best Islamic lectureres and authors and he welcomes questions on any topic regarding knowledge about islam.

I hope this helps, and God knows best.

Again, thanks for the link :cool:

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Stormy
Zeeshan: Thank you for responding to my question. :)

But I was hoping for a more explicit answer.

I am a Christian.

Is Allah upset with me for believing that God has a son?

What consequences do you think that I face for believing in Christ?

What other rules has Allah given that I might be unknowingly breaking?

This last question is a touchy one, and I hope you are able to answer without anger... but in all truthfullness.

There is no allah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank

May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally posted by ansarthemystic
prove it!

unsubstantiated, but witty assertions don't impress me.Prove their is no Allah!

peace and blessings
assalamu alaikum
shalom aleykom

I thought 'proving' or not proving one's belief is not allowed in this forum?

Also, technically the burden of proof is still in your corner. I can show contradiction within the Quran, would that be proof Allah does not exist? No, it would just prove the Quran is fallable.You and I have one thing in common, we believe that there is God. Which one is an explosive subject even between you and I. From an 'outsider' it makes then no difference what God we fight over, since neither of us can prove the God we worship.

Upvote 0
allah is a false god, It is not the true God. islam is a false religion, it is based on an erroneous book filled with contradictions and blasphemeies. mohammed never existed, there is more evidence for the existance of Santa Claus than there is for the existance of mohammed.

This is not an attack on muslims, I am just stating my beliefs. I apologize if I offended anyone, and I apologize if my words are too harsh.

God Bless

Upvote 0