Opinions on how Joyce Meyers is a false prophet?

Is Joyce Meyers a false prophet?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think so?
Or why not?

I'm not interested in argument, I'd just like to know why you think so.

Thanks.

Philippians 1:18
But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Last edited:
Reactions: jennimatts

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God has eyes...
God has an eye...
I'm going to keep my EYE on you....

God sees everything, God sees all...

Proverbs 5:21
For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD,
And He ponders all his paths.

Just because some cult has adopted the concept of an all seeing eye
does not negate that description as applied to our God who sees all.

Come on people....

Are we really this petty?

We know what she meant and it wasn't the cult but it was God she was refering to.

Perhaps her crime is ignorance but not malice....

Are we really so blind that we read falseness into someones life
because we don't like them or disagree with their views and
teachings so we look for a way to destroy them and brand them
and to incite others to hate someone who devotes their life to Christ?

Whose side are you on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwYOfBCcotQ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
It's very disappointing and discouraging the way the terms "false prophet" and "false teaching" get thrown around on this board and it's damaging to the faith, to unity, to the Lord. Just think of all the time spent on "exposing" these "false teachers"; this time could be used to help people learn more about the word of God. The word of God and the Holy Spirit are big enough, powerful enough to lead and guide us.

That video was a waste of time. Whoever took the time to produce it could have been studying the bible, they could have been encouraging someone who needs a helping hand.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I totally agree, Pal.
I have yet to see anything that creeps me out about her.

I'd like to see some serious evidence, if there is any.

I wouldn't call her a false prophet, but the fact that she's worth tens of millions of dollars, has multiple mansions, a private jet, etc. all from convincing gullible Conservatives her beliefs are right makes her a pretty lousy Christian.

You know what the Bible says about rich people and a camel through the eye of a needle.

Televangelists are some of the most shady, greedy people around imo. They specifically target the easiest area of people's lives to sucker money out of them - their beliefs.

I put Joel Osteen in the same category.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This symbol is Christian and not cultic.
It represents the all seeing eye of God's providence
that watches over mankind.

Attachments

• Providence.JPG
    Providence.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 707
Upvote 0

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't call her a false prophet, but the fact that she's worth tens of millions of dollars, has multiple mansions, a private jet, etc. all from convincing gullible Conservatives her beliefs are right makes her a pretty lousy Christian.

You know what the Bible says about rich people and a camel through the eye of a needle.

Televangelists are some of the most shady, greedy people around imo. They specifically target the easiest area of people's lives to sucker money out of them - their beliefs.

I don't get it. Job was rich and God loved him like crazy; God is the one that gave him those riches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So you hate wealthy people?

She is a better Christian than you are....
She believes that the Bible is God's word while you think your word is the last word.

Here is a report...
http://www.joycemeyer.org/AnnualReport/default.aspx

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's very disappointing and discouraging the way the terms "false prophet" and "false teaching" get thrown around on this board and it's damaging to the faith, to unity, to the Lord. Just think of all the time spent on "exposing" these "false teachers"; this time could be used to help people learn more about the word of God. The word of God and the Holy Spirit are big enough, powerful enough to lead and guide us.

That video was a waste of time. Whoever took the time to produce it could have been studying the bible, they could have been encouraging someone who needs a helping hand.

Yeah everyone can be wrong thou that be with out sin cast the first stone

Upvote 0

NoelAsa

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
At Computer
✟23,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like Joyce Meyers. She has a very straight forward preaching that I like. She does have millions of dollars, but you have to realize that she has written over 80 books and most were best sellers. She does ask for money for her ministry, but they all do, even churches. How would you expect them to be run? She has helped a lot of people.

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think so?
Or why not?

I'm not interested in argument, I'd just like to know why you think so.

Thanks.
A person's viewpoint will depend on how important theology is to them.

If you only take in Joyce Meyer's general good advice she isn't too bad overall. I once had one of her books that I found fairly helpful but I got rid of it after I realised that she was too sympathetic towards Word of Faith beliefs.

If you go deeper and look into the theology she teaches you will find she is a "soft" Word of Faith preacher. Joyce Meyer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't get it. Job was rich and God loved him like crazy; God is the one that gave him those riches.

The emphasis shifts rather dramatically though from The Old to The New Testament.

Which is why Jesus' disciples were "exceedingly amazed" when Jesus told them "a rich man shall hardly enter the Kingdom of Heaven." (See Matthew 19:23-26)

They were used to associating earthly riches as being a sure sign of being blessed by God.

Curiously also just noticed that the word "gold", appears well over 300 times in the OT, but only around 25 in the New - and around half of them put it in a somewhat negative context.

wm

Upvote 0

Angelfrog

Rock, paper, JESUS! I win!
Oct 22, 2009
Sitting on a cloud in England.
✟9,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love her straight talking, no nonsense attitude. I've found her to be very helpful at some very tough times.

As for her having money- until someone can prove that she's squandering it all away on selfish wasteful rubbish, then why on earth is that a problem? Why do so many Christians seem to think that if a Christian works hard, uses the talents that God gave them and put in goodness knows how many hours and effort- they should be glad to do it for free or for a pittance. If a Christian is successful at the business side of any ministry then somehow that makes them less of a Christian?
Can't see it myself.

I have no idea how much of any person's wealth is used for helping others privately, or is donated to charities, or is used in running a ministry or paying others or..or...or....

I know of a Christian couple (relatives of a family in our church) who own a big house and one in another part of England and one in Barbados.

They've had snide comments in the past. What the grumblers don't realise is that they use what they've been blessed with to bless others. They rent out one house and use part of the money made in supporting their church. They rent out the Barbados house for holidays but also have 'given' it for a week or so to several families at different times as a free holiday to help bless them, either as a mark of respecting that family's work for God, or because they've had a tough time and need a treat or are struggling financially- or whatever. For much of the year that house is lent at no gain to themselves.

But they've had others who see them enjoy their swimming pool, or actually- Heaven forbid!!!!- go and use the Barbados house for themselves (gasp!) and proceed to criticise them. It doesn't matter that they've worked extremely hard for what they have and have been a real blessing for others. They're rich, therefore they must be bad Christians.

No where in the Bible does it say that it's wrong for a Christian to be wealthy. On the contrary, we need wealthy Christians just as we need Christians in every walk/ social / economic 'band' of society.

That whole 'eye of the needle' thing never, ever meant that it was being rich itself was wrong- but that it tends to be harder to give up money as a focus and put Jesus first.

He told the Rich Young Ruler to give away what he had not because it was wrong to have much- but that for HIM (the young man) money was a distraction- and Jesus knew that this particular man would not be able to put God first as long as he had all his wealth holding first place in his heart.

It doesn't mean that Jesus asks every rich person to give away all their wealth.

Being wealthy in itself is no more proof of being materialistic or greedy than having very little is proof of being sinful and not deserving God's blessing.

I am so glad to see that many turn their back on the Prosperity Gospel so prevalent in some places.

It's a shame that some are replacing it with an equally unbalanced 'Poverty Gospel'.

So- a Christian can make money. But they can't keep any of it and they can't ever, ever be seen to be enjoying it themselves.

Surely it's all about balance? Don't forget that to whom much is given, much is expected. Unless we can prove that the wealthy Christians aren't upholding that end- can we judge?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Joyce Meyers is not a false prophet many are helped through her ministry and yes she may be seen as being finacially prosperous but we do not know how much she gives away. We forget that she is accountable to God for her stewardship of her money and we forget God will judge those who judge her and any of His servants wrongly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tangled
Upvote 0