Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you want to say Trump is a sinner, I'll agree. If you want to say he's got a sinful past I'll agree. We all do. But he's done more for the unborn than anyone else in a long time, including his "Christian" detractors. Many Christians turned their backs on the unborn this last election cycle. Even prominent Christian leaders like Max Lucado and John Piper.

In addition to Operation Rescue, Concerned Women for America also recognized Trump's great contributions to the pro-life movement, calling him "the most pro-life president in modern history..."

Yet this is the man the modern Church and its modern Christian leaders have decided to turn on. Seems now more of a judgment on them than on Trump.

Operation Rescue Names Donald Trump 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year

Donald-Trump-Values-Voters-Summit-2017.jpg

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP ARRIVES TO SPEAK TO THE 2017 VALUE VOTERS SUMMIT, FRIDAY, OCT. 13, 2017, IN WASHINGTON. (PHOTO: AP)

And the Malachi Award goes to…

Operation Rescue named President Donald Trump the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year, saying in a statement he “has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history.”

“Operation Rescue is grateful Pres. Trump for having the courage to keep promises made during the campaign that provide greater protections for the pre-born and deny Federal funds from those who commit abortions,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. “He has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history and has backed up his pro-life rhetoric with action like no other before him.”

The Malachi Award is given by Operation Rescue every year to recognize individuals “who sacrificially work to advance the cause of protecting the pre-born.” Here is the list of pro-life actions they say factored into their decision:

• Trump appointed conservative, pro-life Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S, Supreme Court.
• He has effectively denied public money to those who commit and promote abortions around the world.
• The Trump Administration Department of Justice has launched a formal investigation into Planned Parenthood’s illegal baby parts trafficking scheme.
• He has actively supported pro-life legislation, such as the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which is currently held up in the U.S. Senate.
• He supports legislation to defund Planned Parenthood in the U.S., and removed an Obama-era mandate that forced states to continue funding Planned Parenthood.
• He has worked to fill his administration with pro-life people and put them in places where they can do the most good.
• Trump’s administration has taken active steps within the Health and Human Services and other agencies to establish pro-life policies that protect the pre-born.
• He has provided protections for those of religious and moral convictions from paying for abortifacient drugs through Obamacare, and continues to work to repeal and replace it.

“We are proud of President Trump and his bold willingness to advance the cause of life. There are more battles ahead, but under the Trump administration, we can now finally see progress within our government toward restoring the sanctity of life and the protections of personhood to the pre-born,” said Newman. “This makes Pres. Trump a deserving recipient of the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award.”

The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL), which supports unfettered abortion up until the day the baby is born, called Operation Rescue “an anti-choice extremist group with ties to domestic terrorism.”​

Source

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If you want to say Trump is a sinner, I'll agree. If you want to say he's got a sinful past I'll agree. We all do. But he's done more for the unborn than anyone else in a long time, including his "Christian" detractors. Many Christians turned their backs on the unborn this last election cycle. Even prominent Christian leaders like Max Lucado and John Piper.

In addition to Operation Rescue, Concerned Women for America also recognized Trump's great contributions to the pro-life movement, calling him "the most pro-life president in modern history..."

Yet this is the man the modern Church and its modern Christian leaders have decided to turn on. Seems now more of a judgment on them than on Trump.

Operation Rescue Names Donald Trump 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year

Donald-Trump-Values-Voters-Summit-2017.jpg

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP ARRIVES TO SPEAK TO THE 2017 VALUE VOTERS SUMMIT, FRIDAY, OCT. 13, 2017, IN WASHINGTON. (PHOTO: AP)

And the Malachi Award goes to…

Operation Rescue named President Donald Trump the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year, saying in a statement he “has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history.”

“Operation Rescue is grateful Pres. Trump for having the courage to keep promises made during the campaign that provide greater protections for the pre-born and deny Federal funds from those who commit abortions,” said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. “He has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history and has backed up his pro-life rhetoric with action like no other before him.”

The Malachi Award is given by Operation Rescue every year to recognize individuals “who sacrificially work to advance the cause of protecting the pre-born.” Here is the list of pro-life actions they say factored into their decision:

• Trump appointed conservative, pro-life Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S, Supreme Court.
• He has effectively denied public money to those who commit and promote abortions around the world.
• The Trump Administration Department of Justice has launched a formal investigation into Planned Parenthood’s illegal baby parts trafficking scheme.
• He has actively supported pro-life legislation, such as the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which is currently held up in the U.S. Senate.
• He supports legislation to defund Planned Parenthood in the U.S., and removed an Obama-era mandate that forced states to continue funding Planned Parenthood.
• He has worked to fill his administration with pro-life people and put them in places where they can do the most good.
• Trump’s administration has taken active steps within the Health and Human Services and other agencies to establish pro-life policies that protect the pre-born.
• He has provided protections for those of religious and moral convictions from paying for abortifacient drugs through Obamacare, and continues to work to repeal and replace it.

“We are proud of President Trump and his bold willingness to advance the cause of life. There are more battles ahead, but under the Trump administration, we can now finally see progress within our government toward restoring the sanctity of life and the protections of personhood to the pre-born,” said Newman. “This makes Pres. Trump a deserving recipient of the 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award.”

The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL), which supports unfettered abortion up until the day the baby is born, called Operation Rescue “an anti-choice extremist group with ties to domestic terrorism.”​

Source

Praise God!!!!

Amen!!!!

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Too bad Trump's pro-life stance only extends to the pre-born, not to the already born.

To bad you're not compassionate for the pre-born at all, even willing to let them be murdered in mass. By my calculations, an unborn baby is murdered about every 33 seconds. One was likely murdered in the time it took you to come up with that not-so-clever cliche.

But it makes me wonder. If laws like Roe v. Wade were a threat to you, I wonder if you'd act differently. I've always wondered this about pro-abotion Christians and Christians that don't seem to care about the unborn. What if RvW was also a threat you? My guess is you'd be wandering the streets with a Trump sign, begging for votes. But you're safe, so you brush it off. Too bad you're not able to share the slightest bit of empathy for the truly innocent.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
^^^ What makes you think I am not compassionate for the pre-born at all?

I am just bemoaning the fact that for Trump his compassion stops when the pre-born passes through the vaginal canal and becomes a human being with needs. He has no problem defunding the programs that help the poor.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
^^^ What makes you think I am not compassionate for the pre-born at all?

I am just bemoaning the fact that for Trump his compassion stops when the pre-born passes through the vaginal canal and becomes a human being with needs. He has no problem defunding the programs that help the poor.

Until you actually back up your claim, no need to respond. You're just making excuses for turning your back on the unborn.

Fact: about 100 babies murdered every hour. Fact: you did nothing to help them. With compassion like that, who needs enemies?

Keep searching. You've not found truth yet.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another day, another discussion about the hypocrisy of those in the pro-life movement who do not really care about babies once they are born.

It bothered me before my religious conversion. It still bothers me now that I am born again. But the ultimate judge will be God.

ETA: The above comment was snarky and I apologize for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Until you actually back up your claim, no need to respond. You're just making excuses for turning your back on the unborn.

Fact: about 100 babies murdered every hour. Fact: you did nothing to help them. With compassion like that, who needs enemies?

Keep searching. You've not found truth yet.
I had to go back to address your comment because my last comment reflected my frustrations.

I do appreciate and I want to acknowledge your passion for the unborn. You are doing good work in fighting for them. But please hear what some of us have to say.

People can pick and choose who they want to fight for, that's okay. The problem as I see it if when a movement for the right to life of babies stops at when they exit the mother's womb, it does feel weird and as though the original motive is not really compassion for the baby, but the desire to control women. I am aware of the Jezebel spirit, but we cannot deny that we live in a society where the desire to control women does exist and is not always motivated by higher spiritual concerns. We live in a society where most men are not connected to God like they should, so men do attempt to control women from an ungodly place.

I can assure you that prior to being born again, if I had seen more concerns for post birth babies in the pro-life movement, with actions such as supporting post natal care, support for programs that help poor mothers and children, perhaps I would have been in their camp sooner. I am not seeing that kind of concern in president Trump, and for me, his concerns for unborn babies seems hypocritical.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had to go back to address your comment because my last comment reflected my frustrations.

I do appreciate and I want to acknowledge your passion for the unborn. You are doing good work in fighting for them. But please hear what some of us have to say.

People can pick and choose who they want to fight for, that's okay. The problem as I see it if when a movement for the right to life of babies stops at when they exit the mother's womb, it does feel weird and as though the original motive is not really compassion for the baby, but the desire to control women. I am aware of the Jezebel spirit, but we cannot deny that we live in a society where the desire to control women does exist and is not always motivated by higher spiritual concerns. We live in a society where most men are not connected to God like they should, so men do attempt to control women from an ungodly place.

I can assure you that prior to being born again, if I had seen more concerns for post birth babies in the pro-life movement, with actions such as supporting post natal care, support for programs that help poor mothers and children, perhaps I would have been in their camp sooner. I am not seeing that kind of concern in president Trump, and for me, his concerns for unborn babies seems hypocritical.

I don't see how someone can be born again and still support the abortion holocaust in America. It's not impossible, as I believe any Christian can fall for any sin. But if it's consistent, it's very difficult to believe. And it's a terrible testimony for the gospel.

We murder about 100 babies every hour. They are the most innocent citizens of our nation. After the babies are born, they have a right to life. There's no other way to describe it, except evil.

Hitler murdered 6 million jews and about 10 million overall. Stalin about 20 million. We've doubled their combined efforts in this county since Roe v. Wade (60 million murdered babies). Could a Christian vote for Hitler?

The irony is, the Church has the numbers in America to stop it, but refuses to vote pro-life in unison.

Thankfully with Trump in office, we have a shot at ending this holocaust. He needs 1 to 2 more SC appointments. We should be praying for him daily.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a lot to be done that would greatly reduce the abortion rate. Start with sex education and access to birth control. Follow up with prenatal and postnatal counseling and care, particularly for poor families , especially single mothers. Include direct financial support if necessary. There seems little will to do this and in fact the present US administration is actively working to reduce what little support there is. That is sad because these programs work.

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a lot to be done that would greatly reduce the abortion rate. Start with sex education and access to birth control. Follow up with prenatal and postnatal counseling and care, particularly for poor families , especially single mothers. Include direct financial support if necessary. There seems little will to do this and in fact the present US administration is actively working to reduce what little support there is. That is sad because these programs work.

None of that will put a dent in the atrocity of child murder. Looking at the numbers, one baby is murdered very 33 seconds. Maybe we could reduce that to 1 every 40 seconds? 50? A minute? Would that be acceptable to God? Not a chance.

The only solution to abortion is a political one, just s the only solution to slavery was a political one. Education would have done virtually nothing for slaves. Black Americans needed legal protection. So do the unborn. We paid a very steep price to free the slaves. We may have to pay a similar price in this battle.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The only solution to abortion is a political one, just s the only solution to slavery was a political one. Education would have done virtually nothing for slaves. Black Americans needed legal protection. So do the unborn. We paid a very steep price to free the slaves. We may have to pay a similar price in this battle.

I'm sure that you are not advocating the killing of doctors here.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
We may have to pay a similar price in this battle.
It's a little silly to say "You'll pay any price to protect the unborn!!" if you're not even willing to pay for contraceptives, sex education and good health care for pregnant women. Please stop pretending to be "pro-life" if you're position is a willingness to go to war with the rest of America to impose what you think is "right thing to do". :sorry:
tulc(isn't impressed by people who claim to "love the unborn!" enough to threaten to go to war to prove it) :wave:

Last edited:
Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you want to say Trump is a sinner, I'll agree. If you want to say he's got a sinful past I'll agree. We all do. But he's done more for the unborn than anyone else in a long time, including his "Christian" detractors.
I think that you are living in a propaganda dream world. The Donald may be "anti-Abortion" now a days but he is not Pro-Life. There are millions and millions of people across the US and around the world who have been battling the abortion issue since before the Supreme Court legalized it. Back when Trump was donating millions to Pro-choice candidates.

Pro-life issues can be found in many human rights issues, dignity of life, and other issues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums